No key in Lucky's safe... Peril on Gorgon

Like many others across gaming sites, the key to  getting into OCI is missing from Lucky's safe in my game (on PC). I have his notes and they include the code for opening the safe. The animation plays, showing the door opening, but no contents list pops up. Without that key the main quest appears to be doomed since I can't find any other way into that building. Since you've gone to such extrordinary lengths to deny us the use of console commands to get past situations like this, I'm assuming that either you have provided some other solution or workaround to the problem or that there is something else I need to be doing other than just getting the code into my inventory and hitting the E key. All the walkthroughs and other solutions I've found  refer to merely opening the safe and taking the key.  I would really appreciate some info as to how I can get around this. Thanks.

Same problem, nothing in Lucky's safe.

I think available walkthroughs are wrong. Lucky gave the "Maintenance Room Key" to Lex as collateral for bar tab. You have to get the key from her.

But with the safe empty, how do we get the Preserved Eye?

On 11/19/2020 at 7:14 AM, Tanja van Dalen said:

the preserved eye is also in the safe, and yes I got a key from her but I can get any further with the quest, can get in none of the buildings 

I have restarted the game twice after installing "Peril on Gorgon" and, read the "Case Notes" with the code, but Lucky's safe is empty (no Preserved Eye)

Note, I am not the only one that has this problem. Still need a solution to get the eye.

• 2 months later...

The Safe only opens partially for me. I can't access any contents. I'm uninstalling the game and doing a clean re-install. Though I doubt this will fix the problem but it has worked in the past for me. 

Reverting back to previous saves failed for me also.

Do you use any mods? because that could be the problem

I used WeMod , someone from private division support helpt me out, and he found out that WeMod was the problem.

I finished all the quests, and I started a new char without any help of mods, and also finished the game.

• Like 1