What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life

Gorth

Returned to Nexus : The Jupiter Incident as I never did finish that, the game CTD'd on my P3 way back in the day.  Still looks decent after all these years. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Returned to Nexus : The Jupiter Incident as I never did finish that, the game CTD'd on my P3 way back in the day.  Still looks decent after all these years. 

Let me know how it goes, I remember I got stuck somewhere and was unable to breach some shielded ship or something...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Finally jumped into Badlur's Gate 3 ... my only really gripe so far is they didn't do a day or night cycle, but created a camp.  What's the fun of playing a Rogue Vampire if it never gets dark out, might not have been the smartest character options in this case.  It has a lot of cosmetic bugs still, but its definitely playable.

• Thanks 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Let me know how it goes, I remember I got stuck somewhere and was unable to breach some shielded ship or something...

I recall that, only for the random "Achilles beating at your gates" line.  Also recall the journal entries being quite funny, although the protagonist keeps nattering on about a female character's breasts way too much. 

I like that your assisting officer doesn't even warrant a name, is just called Officer

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was training yesterday for a race tomorrow, and we experienced few "unexpected" situations during that 😄

This happened three laps in a row 😄

And here, someone spent to much time practicing another kind of simulators 😄

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The Pathless. Completed the game. Mechanically, it is an open-world action-adventure with very light puzzle-platforming elements and boss battles. Thematically, it is two not-quite-reasonable people shouting at each other and talking to/shooting at magical animals (also the MC was climbing towers and collecting glowing emblems).

Spoiler

The MC won due to her unique and unprecedented ability to trash-talk her opponent, while actually murdering him, instead of just trash-talking, like the BBEG did several times during the game.

The graphics and sound were stylish and fitting. The controls, while not customizable, were reasonably comfortable.
In other words, the game is pretty and easy in terms of narrative and gameplay, but not anyhow ground-breaking.

• Thanks 1

finished the life and suffering of sir brante

have no idea how stat work

get a pretty bad ending

atmosphere are pretty heavy and somber all the way

choice are too few compare to most cyoa some time

some of them are pretty interesting with some unpredictable result

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

I want to write my own cyoa/adventure/vn.

I just don't know why people would find it fun.

Also what to learn to use... TWINE Sugar cube? Renpy?

Renpy is super easy to use. I messed around with it like a decade ago and quickly set up a scene with branching choices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

I want to write my own cyoa/adventure/vn.

I just don't know why people would find it fun.

Also what to learn to use... TWINE Sugar cube? Renpy?

Coincidentally I was thinking about maybe doing an interactive fiction game soon to practice JavaScript.

There's a niche market for that sort of thing and I think it's possily growing. For one thing there have been four interactive fiction/ visual novels released by White Wolf recently that have been really good and I think did reasonably well saleswise (Three of them are Vampire: The Masquerade games and one is Werewolf: The Apocalyse).  Also there is a woman named Emily Short who used to do a lot of old-school interactive fiction and her work was really creative. She did a story called 'Glass' which I can't describe without ruining it but  was a really clever story and had a fair bit of tension in it, It's well worth playing if you want some inspiration.

http://iplayif.com/?story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ifarchive.org%2Fif-archive%2Fgames%2Fzcode%2FGlass.zblorb

This is sort of off-topic but there's also been a trend in the last of couple of years about watching people, actors ect playing tabletop roleplaying games and that's really taking off like wildfire. On Twitch there's a channel called Geek and Sundry and they do loads of these but there's also Dimension 20 and White Wolf themselves produced a series called Vampire: The Masquerade - LA by Night that's really popular. I feel like there could be some overlap between people who watch those shows and play IF games (Hence the Vampire games I mentioned before) and if you wrote something compelling enough I'm sure there'd be an audience for it. I think if you're looking for things to research before you write your story then it may be worth checking a couple of these channels out.

Good luck with your project, I hope you have fun with it

• Like 3

I have played two of those games. Were I to try my hand at a White Wolf VN, Changeling is the only setting I find interesting, but also it is the most intimidating setting to write for.

But one should write about what one knows, so I am plotting a story about teddy bears. Obviously. It does mean though there may be a lack of overlap with a part of their target audience.

(I got rejected as a writer by Black Library. Most likely they didn't like my pitch. but to be honest, I don't think they'd let me near a warhammer IP. My profile does not comply with their standards for acceptable behaviour).

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).