What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life

Gorth

On 2/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, Keyrock said:

I haven't played Exodus yet, but I enjoyed both 2033 and Last Light well enough. Metro's biggest failing is that it's not as good as S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but, well, nothing is.

One of my dream games would be a fully co-op version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - that would take away from the horror slightly but I think it would be a good game.

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I feel like Tarkov is now the hot $hit regarding to stalker like online shooters

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

In-between busy work life, I've managed to finish another game from my big backlog: Torchlight II from GOG. I picked Engineer class and decided to pick skills, which amplify the Cannon damage and use bot summoning. All three Acts were finished in few 1 hour long sessions, while trying to finish all the side-quests. Unfortunately, I somehow missed at least one instance of Gathering the Robot Parts one. Anyway, the game was very good way to clear my head during the latest pandemic situation and I hope the third Torchlight will be released soon and as much fun as the first two installments.

Three games finished this year so far. This way, my backlog will be cleared maybe around year 2077 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

3 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

In-between busy work life, I've managed to finish another game from my big backlog: Torchlight II from GOG. I picked Engineer class and decided to pick skills, which amplify the Cannon damage and use bot summoning. All three Acts were finished in few 1 hour long sessions, while trying to finish all the side-quests. Unfortunately, I somehow missed at least one instance of Gathering the Robot Parts one. Anyway, the game was very good way to clear my head during the latest pandemic situation and I hope the third Torchlight will be released soon and as much fun as the first two installments.

Three games finished this year so far. This way, my backlog will be cleared maybe around year 2077 🤷‍♂️

have a backlog of about 200 novel and text based game

should only take 10 years in ideal situation

my total number of games since ps4 era is 200, the previous eras are probably around 50, but most of them already finished, so all in all there should be somewhere around 160-180 games on my backlog right now 😢

I have several games in my backlog, SEVERAL!

In all seriousness, I tend to discard games from the backlog pretty quick because it becomes apparent pretty quickly which games I own that I never intend to play. In my younger days it'd be a big list because the threshold of a game being good enough for me to play would be much lower, but as I get older and pickier, there are only a few games released each year that I could ever see myself playing. I also am much quicker to dismiss games because being wasteful with money is nowhere as big a deal to me these days compared to being wasteful with time. For example, I bought Breath of the Wild, played it less than an hour, and am confident I will never play it again whereas someone else might instead place a game played under a similar situation into their backlog.

The first 2021 release that I know I'll be playing is It Takes Two, releasing late next month. That's one game that'll immediately be added to the "played" list, and in the meantime, 2021 has seen zero games added to the backlog. Meanwhile, the backlog has now actually shrunk because I've decommissioned my PS4 Pro (I have a Series X now), and with it any chance of playing any nominal backlog games I own on it (which I would say are Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn).

So what's on my backlog at the moment? The Outer Worlds, definitely, though the backlog status is questionable even then because I'm waiting for the complete expansions to be released. I'm considering playing Greedfall on Game Pass, and I'm also thinking of going back to Dishonored 2. That's three. Umm, can I retract my statement about having several titles on it? At a push I suppose I could add MS Flight Sim and Wasteland 3, but I'd be fully comfortable if I never ended up playing them either.

To be fair there are some special cases like Hitman 2 being "removed" pending a purchase of Hitman 3 and the associated mission import. I've also pretty much removed any RTwP game from the list, which took care of PoE1 and Tyranny, unless by some miracle they get retrofitted with Deadfire's turn-based mechanics.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finished Breathedge. The game is over so over the top, in a good way, and likes to poke fun at it self. I recommend it very much to anyone who like Subnautica style games and doesn't mind the in your face humor.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

6 hours ago, Sarex said:

Finished Breathedge. The game is over so over the top, in a good way, and likes to poke fun at it self. I recommend it very much to anyone who like Subnautica style games and doesn't mind the in your face humor.

Yikes, that was fast. I am like an hour in. The humor does fall a bit flat for me, but I'm keeping at it!

5 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Yikes, that was fast. I am like an hour in. The humor does fall a bit flat for me, but I'm keeping at it!

I was more than half way through the game on the previous patch.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

22 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

I hope the third Torchlight will be released soon and as much fun as the first two installments.

Torchlight 3 came out on October 13, 2020 (according to Steam) and is by all accounts not particularly good.  It's rated mixed on Steam, 65 on Metacritic, 3.1 User Score on Metacritic.

I haven't played it personally, but most people I've seen talk about it were unimpressed.

25 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

Torchlight 3 came out on October 13, 2020 (according to Steam) and is by all accounts not particularly good.  It's rated mixed on Steam, 65 on Metacritic, 3.1 User Score on Metacritic.

I haven't played it personally, but most people I've seen talk about it were unimpressed.

Oh :( And I thought it was just Early Access yet :( I am disappointed now :(

Turns out Epic gave me GTA5 at some point, so I decided to give it a go - I didn't really play many Rockstar games, mainly side series LA: Noir, Max Payne3. 

I got Elder Scrolls syndrome - played for couple of hours, wasn't terribly engaged and I found it too boring to continue. I had most funs playing tennis. 

I am somewhat torn about giving RDR2. I would love a good Wild West game, and it is definitely more my style then whatever GTA is. It just looks so not very interesting. 

• Like 2

Still 7 Days/A19.

I have discovered ... how to enable the use of multiple land claim blocks.  LCB's are what you can use to define a smallish (relative to world size anyway) area where zombies cannot directly spawn (from sky to bedrock, square shaped), so you can have at least one base without z's popping into existence right in the middle of it, right.  But you can only have one active at a time (place another one, first one "breaks").  There's also the portable bedroll, but same applies (so you could have two "base spaces" per map) but bedroll is also for designated - vs. random - respawn point so you'd rather the bedroll be for temporary placement.  This severely limits "castle size" for us builders since you don't want z's spawning inside your workshop or a wall, say.

Anyway, you can change number of active LCB's in the registry entries for the game.  So now I can build ... 32!  Ok, now I can REALLY make a fortress.  Turn a whole town into one!  I wonder if there's a limit even with registry.  Could I have 10,000? Claim the entire map except for allowing small pockets of zombie hunting zones?  BWHAHAHA.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The problem is that land claim blocks beyond the first don't actually block spawns (it's bugged.)  They only stop sleepers from respawning after you've cleared a POI, anyway.

That said, zombies don't spawn on player-placed blocks (you can literally stop the horde night horde from spawning if you cover a large enough area with concrete) so you can build pretty much as big as you want as long as every block is one you've placed, instead of one that was already there.  There's also a mod that stops sleepers from respawning in POIs completely, if you're interested in that.  Playing offline, the only real need for more than one is so that you can pick up benches/generators/etc. in multiple places.

Had a fairly good Beast Taming run (in Troubleshooter) last night instead of sleeping. Didn't get the gold beasts I was aiming for, but a good number of epic and legendary bosses.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

10 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

The problem is that land claim blocks beyond the first don't actually block spawns (it's bugged.)  They only stop sleepers from respawning after you've cleared a POI, anyway.

That said, zombies don't spawn on player-placed blocks (you can literally stop the horde night horde from spawning if you cover a large enough area with concrete) so you can build pretty much as big as you want as long as every block is one you've placed, instead of one that was already there.  There's also a mod that stops sleepers from respawning in POIs completely, if you're interested in that.  Playing offline, the only real need for more than one is so that you can pick up benches/generators/etc. in multiple places.

Well that's too bad.  I did spend a while placing a bunch to test it out (no spawning on while doing so, then turned spawning on).  The random wilderness ones definitely were spawning.  They're the ones I wish would go away or were spaced out a lot farther. I feel like in single-player one should be able to have 3 active bedrolls at once maybe, and you could click to set one to be the current respawn point, something like that.

And  yeah, the replace every block with a player-block is what we all did in the past, but I read a lot of posts saying that doesn't apply/work at all anymore, or  isn't reliable/maybe is bugged, and if you build on a quest spot without realizing it and trigger the quest it'll respawn that whole chunk wholesale down to bedrock and stuff like that.  Plus I don't want a giant city of nothing but concrete, even if you can "paint" blocks now, and it's a ton of work to do that.  >.>

I used to alter all the entity stats and group spawning .xml's to personal taste and individual z-type chance rates but it's way too much work now.  I typically don't like other's mods because they never fit what I truly want.  Oh well, back to just plain "all off" or at least blood moon's off, most of the time, then. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

16 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Turns out Epic gave me GTA5 at some point, so I decided to give it a go - I didn't really play many Rockstar games, mainly side series LA: Noir, Max Payne3. 

I got Elder Scrolls syndrome - played for couple of hours, wasn't terribly engaged and I found it too boring to continue. I had most funs playing tennis. 

I am somewhat torn about giving RDR2. I would love a good Wild West game, and it is definitely more my style then whatever GTA is. It just looks so not very interesting. 

RDR2 is excellent, I spent about 300 hours on the single player and I am still logging onto the online game 3-4 times a week. Its an amazing game and the  beauty of the world still  causes me pause. You cannot not play the game if you like a Wild West game 

I have mastered all the online roles, let me know if you want any advice :geek:o:)

And their is a new expansion for GTAV ...I am considering getting it ?

Edited by BruceVC
  • Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

19 hours ago, Wormerine said:

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Taking out a Bf109 with a pumpkin was one of the more interesting puzzles in Lost Horizon.  Well ok, not much of a puzzle as it's using all the items on one screen.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've started to play Druidstone - Shadow of the Menhir Forest. Pretty nice indie turnbased puzzle RPG.  Started it directly on Hard Difficulty, so I am curious how far I can get, before picking all of my hairs one by one 😄 But so far the first mission was nice to play and visually pleasing :) Despite me needing to restart it in both missions once 😛

• Like 3

I was exploring in Valheim, looking for a place to build my castle. While sailing, I spotted a new biome, the plains, so I decided to check it out. Off in the distance I spotted some huge vaguely wooly mammoth looking creatures. I was pretty far away so I decided to take a shot with my bow to test the creatures toughness. I went into stealth, drew the arrow back all the way, and let it loose. I'm not sure I even tickled the beast. Keep in mind the bow gets a hefty damage bonus from stealth. Right then and there I should have known I shouldn't be here yet. 

I decided to explore some more of the plains and spotted a house. Upon closer inspection, there were green goblin looking humanoids inside. I took out my bronze atgeir and stabbed one for maybe 10% of its health. It stabbed me back for half of mine.

1ed4b9d2d719571364a79e69147f45ff.gif

As I was going back to shore a giant insect flew up to me and damn near 1-shot me. It was eerily reminiscent of my first encounter with a cazador in New Vegas. Retrieving my corpse sucked. >_<

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks