What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life

Gorth

I got down into the sewer dungeon in Yakuza: Like a Dragon with Adachi as Foreman all pumped and ready to clear the barricades in the dungeon and reap whatever rewards lie beyond. Turns out that only Kasuga, the main character, gets the Demolish exploration skill for that job, which is kind of stupid IMHO. Oh well, it's not a big loss since I was going to make Kasuga a Foreman at some point anyway. The way the job system works is that every job has a few skills you get to keep even when using a different job, so it pays to train every character in every job up to at least rank 16 or 18 or 20, wherever the last skill you get to always keep is. I'm the type that likes to super overlevel my party once I feel the final battle is coming so that I can roflstomp the final boss; that's just how roll. Hence, I'll be grinding job ranks and levels eventually anyway.

I also added Eri to my party, she's the lady from the management game. Her unique job is Clerk, a DPS job, but I switched her to Idol, a healer/support job, since I was severely lacking in that department.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started a new game of Drakensang, I figured it's going to be worth the 3 bucks. Can't say that I ever was a fan of Das Schwarze Auge but perhaps I'll overcome my inertia and invest the time needed to learn - and appreciate? - a different RPG system.

I find the lack of grimdark and cynicism in the game world very refreshing. The writing's hilarious so far (at least in the original German). ❤️

• Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

17 hours ago, BruceVC said:

No you cant possibly wait for a Winter Sale , you must definitely buy Metro: Exodus, ...this is not the time for procrastination when it comes to Metro games on sale :thumbsup:

My current "problem" is I'd like to play with a controller when possible, and while I did order one that supposedly would work outside of Steam-bought games, I'm not 100% positive of that yet and won't for a few days.  So do I buy on GoG and hope, or buy on Steam where I know my dualshock works, and would work today?  :p 

No Man's Sky is half off too, with all the patches etc. I might give that a whirl now - I hear combat is fairly avoidable in that one,too.  Eh ... can't decide.  Also, I need a bigger SSD.  :disguise:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ok, I bought Metro Ex, Control and No Man's Sky.  After doing the intro bits of all three, I feel like the only one I might spend some moderate play time in is No Man's Sky.  If I can get a starting planet that doesn't immediately poison or burn me to death, that is, when you're a nub that has no idea how to play/avoid such.   :mellow:

Metro ran w/RT at 4k and DLSS at an easy 60fps and looks nice on the OLED. But awesome looking scenery seems like the only reason I'd try to run through it.
Control is one of those games where even if it looks good in a way, it has this constant greyish "haze" type of filtered lighting over everything that drives me insane. It might be interesting combat/play tho, I'll have to play it more.

• Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Getting to the end game in Xenonauts. I might change my team composition and gear a bit. The super heavy armour performed surprisingly well on my 2 heavy weapon guys. I might need a second guy with pistol and shield for door opening though. Didn't make it to the point where I have to decided to head for boss or take out reactors first 🤔

I also wonder if I should drop the tank and add 4 more troopers instead. I know I'll probably build a few more wolf armour and stick some of the guys that currently have jackal armour in it. The amount incoming fire on this mission is ridiculous. Never mind that one of my heavy guys got killed in a burst of friendly fire :blush:

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have always used at least one tank, and most of the team got the flying one. Some of the guys had the superheavy armor in the endgame. I used the flying one for door opening mostly 😛

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've always disliked vehicles in squad based games like Xcom and Xenonauts. I just don't feel any attachment to the vehicle like I do my troops. I mean, I know it isn't cheating, but there isn't the same sense of accomplishment when your tank does something cool. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Ok, I bought Metro Ex, Control and No Man's Sky.  After doing the intro bits of all three, I feel like the only one I might spend some moderate play time in is No Man's Sky.  If I can get a starting planet that doesn't immediately poison or burn me to death, that is, when you're a nub that has no idea how to play/avoid such.   :mellow:

Metro ran w/RT at 4k and DLSS at an easy 60fps and looks nice on the OLED. But awesome looking scenery seems like the only reason I'd try to run through it.
Control is one of those games where even if it looks good in a way, it has this constant greyish "haze" type of filtered lighting over everything that drives me insane. It might be interesting combat/play tho, I'll have to play it more.

If you dont mind sharing what are the reasons you dont like Metro ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

If you dont mind sharing what are the reasons you dont like Metro ?

I don't really have any, outside of that it's less dislike then "it's not generally my type of game."

When I bought the very first Metro ages ago, it was largely as a new system/gpu game test. Looked great at the time, my new rig (back then) ran it like a champ - I played it a little bit, ran around like a chicken with no head like I do in most 1st person shooter combat outside of Borderlands (haha), got kind of bored, then never picked it up again. So ... it's kind of the same thing here. 

• Thanks 1

Nioh. Completed the main game, 1 Twilight mission, 1 DLC mission, several side quests.
The game offered a decent variety of skills and weapons, but the story was completely linear and unengaging, just as the structure of main missions, while side quests provided different types of objectives and victory conditions. The KB&M controls were customizable and generally comfortable, but there were no on-screen prompts for keyboards. The graphics and art style were detailed and consistent, FPS drops were relatively rare. The bosses were numerous and quite diverse, though most would kill the PC in 2 hits. Same for the majority of normal enemies. Loot was randomized and color-coded, like in Diablo, so it seemed very un-Souls-like and made acquiring new armor and weapons pretty dull.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I don't really have any, outside of that it's less dislike then "it's not generally my type of game."

When I bought the very first Metro ages ago, it was largely as a new system/gpu game test. Looked great at the time, my new rig (back then) ran it like a champ - I played it a little bit, ran around like a chicken with no head like I do in most 1st person shooter combat outside of Borderlands (haha), got kind of bored, then never picked it up again. So ... it's kind of the same thing here. 

I hear you, there are definitely some games and genres of gaming I have never played or I just couldn't get into at all

Like Sports games and unfortunately RTS games which I want to get into but I always find the AI cheats and I keep  losing battles that CANNOT be to my lack of planning and skill at correct strategy in RTS games ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Started getting back into Bloodborne a bit. Never really got into it before ... I really like the setting and all the stuff, but it's just such a damn hard game. Seriously, Dark Souls didn't gave me such amount of troubles.

However, after sticking to it for the last 6 or so hours, with countless death screens, I finally managed to actually level up my character. Even beat the first boss. Wow. Now I slowly seem to be going somewhere.

/edit: And now I am stuck at the next boss .... It's not that he is very tough, it's just that I keep getting stuck at the stupid gravestones. When I died in Dark Souls it was never because I felt the environment is against me ... but here it's just a constant struggle. This is so annoying.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

In Yakuza: Like a Dragon I got to fight my way to the top of a lavish Chinese restaurant while this music played:

/wipes away tears of joy

It's everything I ever wanted. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

20 hours ago, Lexx said:

Started getting back into Bloodborne a bit. Never really got into it before ... I really like the setting and all the stuff, but it's just such a damn hard game. Seriously, Dark Souls didn't gave me such amount of troubles.

However, after sticking to it for the last 6 or so hours, with countless death screens, I finally managed to actually level up my character. Even beat the first boss. Wow. Now I slowly seem to be going somewhere.

/edit: And now I am stuck at the next boss .... It's not that he is very tough, it's just that I keep getting stuck at the stupid gravestones. When I died in Dark Souls it was never because I felt the environment is against me ... but here it's just a constant struggle. This is so annoying.

Bloodborne is a blast. 

Still on Death Stranding, I'm at the part where you have to connect all the areas around Mountain Knot City, I was wondering why road construction was becoming far more costly, just connecting more areas into the network vastly decreases needed resources.  Not sure how close I am to the end but I've definitely been snail pacing this and being thorough, as is my modus operandi, getting side tracked on something very particular I think seems like an awesome idea but altogether not really advancing the story much.

I'm at the point where I just let BT pull me in so I can combat the Super BT's and get all those delicious Chiral Christals and it seems like it kinda clears out the area when I do it plus I have a 2 extra utility belts equipped with plenty of bloodbags so it's not even hard to fight them anymore.  Plot is kinda dull but it is a well crafted world.

2 hours ago, StupidSeal said:

Bloodborne is a blast. 

After a million tries I've finally beat Father Gascoigne. Took the fight to the stairs and after grinding 2 vitality levelups, I was finally able to get through with it.

Turns out I used him as a blood echo piggy bank, and once he was down, I got almost 18k blood echos. So I went right ahead and pumped everything into vitality.

Will see how it goes from here.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Realised there were a few flaws in my Labyrinthine, Massive Pyramid(tm) in Conan Exiles. Deciding whether to finish it off as is, restart in a different location leaving the crumbling ruins as memorial for failed architecture, or just tear down and start again...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

11 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

I'm at the point where I just let BT pull me in so I can combat the Super BT's and get all those delicious Chiral Christals and it seems like it kinda clears out the area when I do it

Sadly, the BT clearing doesn't last but 5 minutes or so.
I think I put around 350 hours into DS on console (2 playthrus).  I bought it on PC and still haven't reached chapt. 3 on it.  I'd like to replay it again with the uber nice graphics of PC but I guess twice is all I'm in the mood for, at least until another year passes maybe.

As to what I'm playing ... nothing.  I guess I'm just not in a gaming mood so I'm going to stop trying for a while.  I've even downloaded free demos and games just to check stuff out without cost but nothing takes.  But ... they sure do look (briefly) great on that OLED TV!   :-

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lexx said:

Bloodborne is getting seriously creepy now. I don't remember ever feeling this uneasy in Dark Souls games.

Yeah it goes from a Werewolf hunting simulator to some really advanced neo-Lovecraftian plot that's quite interesting if you take the time to try to piece it together (though don't try too hard, or you'll go mad, as was Miyazaki's intention).

The Chalice dungeons are the meat of the game, once you starting learning them it's where you find all the best loot.

Right now I'm just wondering how the hell I'm supposed to take on the big bag mofos, because they are a serious issue. It takes me lots of time to take them down, but if they catch me, they eat almost all my hitpoints.

I've heard that Bloodborne becomes a good deal easier once you learn how to parry instead of trying to Dark Souls the combat by dodge rolling all the time. I wouldn't know, having never played Bloodborne but people with a DS history had the same issue in Sekiro. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

On 11/28/2020 at 8:08 PM, HoonDing said:

Replaying Longest Journey after more than 15 years.

April is insufferable now.

it still holds up. Are you playing it with the HD mod?

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Lubricated a jack with butter in Secret Files, that was a funny puzzle. Sort of surprised I thought it the first time.  The light puzzle in this game was annoying, was grousing about it to myself on the third attempt and somehow did it by randomly clicking so that was ok.  Story's taking a while to get interesting, well, if it does at all. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra