It's all gone???

So after downloading the public test server, and it wiping over a month worth of progress i see today a new patch and hopefully my game is fixed.

I find that my long lost saves are back, i begin to cheer, and i log in. Only to find ALL OF MY MISSION PROGRESS, ALL OF MY BUILDINGS, EVERYTHING I'VE BUILT, MY HOUSE WITH ALL OF MY STUFF, ALL OF MY SCIENCE POINTS, ALL GONE!!!!

This is so much worse than before! I started with the loss of a month of progress, but now i've lost everything!

• Sad 1

I was on day 246, all saves showed day 246, but when it loaded yesterday, it was day 0. I love this game so much, that's why I started all over again despite losing everything. All I was left with was everything in my bag, that's it. Lol, thank god I was wearing my ladybug armor and not the ant.

I have to say, after starting over this morning and making it to day 4, only to save, quit, and load back into the game at day 0 again...it hurts the same as day 246. Again, i did retain the contents of my bag, nothing else. Please, please fix this. U guys have done a great job creating this game, your vision is spectacular. I hope u can rectify this reset issue. I really do love this game.

I'm on xb1. Single player. Medium

Edited by MsoffRose
Forgot other important info
  • Sad 1

Yep, same thing here. I was on day 207 when save problems started with crashing when I tried to load and then most of the things I had built started disappearing.

And then when I started a new game, the very first save I tried to load and my little starter base was just ...gone. I don't know what to do at this point; I can't really play this game with these issues.

Edit: However, this was not on the test servers but on the basic servers.

Edited by Djinn56
Clarification

Public beta test servers are just that. They are stand alone games that have nothing to do with your original game preview which has seperated saves. 

They operate independently from the game preview where all of your progress is. 

21 hours ago, Neptune443 said:

So after downloading the public test server, and it wiping over a month worth of progress i see today a new patch and hopefully my game is fixed.

I find that my long lost saves are back, i begin to cheer, and i log in. Only to find ALL OF MY MISSION PROGRESS, ALL OF MY BUILDINGS, EVERYTHING I'VE BUILT, MY HOUSE WITH ALL OF MY STUFF, ALL OF MY SCIENCE POINTS, ALL GONE!!!!

This is so much worse than before! I started with the loss of a month of progress, but now i've lost everything!

Hey everyone! It sounds like you've all experienced a wide variety of save issues. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration these bugs are causing. Save stability is one of the team's top priorities, and we hope to have some more permanent fixes in a future update. As you know, the game is in Game Preview/Early Access, and there will be some unfortunate growing pains and setbacks. If this is something you aren't used to or comfortable with, we recommend coming back when the game is more stable so you can enjoy it without worrying about losing your progress. 

If you haven't already, can you please send in a support ticket regarding these issues? This way, we can effectively record and track these bugs. 

https://support.obsidian.net/contact and include the following information: 
1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam). 
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 
3. Description of issue. 
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

748 in game days gone! I... I... I... don't even have words... sure I'm elated to start all over again, however, all my armor is gone. Not so upset about having to rebuild my shelters I had built , but I had every set of armor, twice over. But hey, thats beta life rite. Hadn't played in like 2 weeks cause it wasn't loading my saves, so I knew an update was coming (was excited hoping it would finally be the fish update), but DAMN, to lose all 748 days... BUMMER! I'm just gonna go to bed and start my backyard adventure all over again tomorrow.  Thanks for listening 😔😪😢

Last save was on November 10th.  Now the only saves i have are from Sept 28th.  I had never had any issues until now with the exception of not being able to delete my old files.  using xbxx series x and update 0.4.2.2656

Edited by Todd Moss
miss spell and clarification