Video memory error on xbox

version 0.4.0.2607

multiplayer on xbox.

Hello,

when I quit and reload a multiplayer game, I have an error screen about video memory and have to reboot the xbox to be able to play.

Edit: it happened also in game, leading to game crash and client disconnect. by the way, auto saves don't seem to work. Host on xbox one s, client on xbox one x

Edited by skall36
precisions

Hey Skall!

I apologize that you've run into the video memory crash on Xbox. The team is aware of this issue, and it should be resolved in a hotfix patch that will be coming soon. 

Regarding the autosaves, can you please try and adjust their frequency to see if that changes anything? Are your manual saves working correctly? 

20 hours ago, cstanick said:

Hey Skall!

I apologize that you've run into the video memory crash on Xbox. The team is aware of this issue, and it should be resolved in a hotfix patch that will be coming soon. 

Regarding the autosaves, can you please try and adjust their frequency to see if that changes anything? Are your manual saves working correctly? 

Hello,

have you pushed the hotfix patch? it seems to work now, I did play as client for some time and haven't got the memory error as host now.

as for the autosaves, I never see them when I start a game, they only show when I go to the save menu in game, are they supposed to be erased at logout or at start? (we had a crash when getting out of the pond lab, and had no autosave when restarting the game)

edit: got memory error game crash exactly at the same time, when swimming to the surface after exiting the lab through the siphon

edit:edit: we manage to get out of the lab by exiting one by one and slower (for the first two attempts wich lead to a crash, we were exiting together and straight to the surface). don't know if it's related

edit to the edit of the edit: memory crash again, seems to happen when the host swims fast to the surface (fin flops + sprint)

Edited by skall36

We pushed the hotfix this morning. If you update your game, you should be on version 0.4.2. Please let me know if you are still running into the video memory crash, and please report any other issues you find to our support site. 

https://support.obsidian.net/contact and include the following information: 

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam). 

2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 

3. Description of issue. 

4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

8 hours ago, Tartansnake said:

Hotfix sorted the video memory issue but deleted my saved game. Have raised a ticket for this 😕

yeah me too...doesn't show any games from Sept 30th through October. so weird.

i started playing a new game as i want to explore the Koi Pond, but i'd like to play with my main character.

hopefully a new patch will be coming soon