Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

somebody were gonna be first.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Still in a bit of a "feral" mood...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Raithe said:

Music and Mad Science! (Well, Engineering)

videos

reminded us

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Teenage nostalgia... the perm was *real* in those days!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"the most offensive song"... evar?

warning: seriously

Spoiler

merry christmas

obsidian made a south park game, so, let's not be hypocrites, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

Till Lindemann - Knebel ("Gag" in English). Yes, this *is* the censored version. I've seen the uncensored one. Not going to link it here.

Edit: Lindemann is the lead singer in Rammstein, from his solo project

Incidental nudity (I think/hope you need to have a verified youtube account to watch it)

❤️

Edit: Nostalgia aside, this is a great, mellow, more recent song of theirs, as well. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like looking at your album lists and grinning like an idiot every time I recognize an artist or group. This one? Yeah. Never heard anything from them. Or even of them. At all. :p

Just realised that's a lie. I know who Miles Davis is. Damn you, Miles Davis! Just how did he bring out a new album, he's been dead for a while now. Someone needed some royalties, huh?

Edited by majestic
Woops!

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

I like looking at your album lists and grinning like an idiot every time I recognize an artist or group. This one? Yeah. Never heard anything from them. Or even of them. At all. :p

Just realised that's a lie. I know who Miles Davis is. Damn you, Miles Davis! Just how did he bring out a new album, he's been dead for a while now. Someone needed some royalties, huh?

The Miles Davis is an archival live release from a 1969 concert. You might say it's cheating to include it in a 2020 list considering it's a 50+ year old recording, but really, it's so good it deserves a mention of its own. 😄

And yeah, most of these acts are fairly obscure or underground, certainly scraped the bottom of the barrel to get to some of them, but I do think these records are all very good and ones I would recommend. On the link there's a series of genres for each of the records, in case any of them call out to you and you'd be intrigued about checking them out! Also certainly not all artists on the list are unknowns - there's the likes of Run the Jewels, Kylie Minogue, Lianne La Havas, Jessie Ware, Kali Uchis, Charli XCX and others who've all had pretty huge hits this year and in the past!

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Oh, wow, I can say I know Kylie Minogue from her duet with Nick Cave. Couldn't get that out of my head, you know? ;)

Missed her going over the list three times. Guess I'm getting old(ish).

Anyway, having a big hit isn't exaclty a requirement for me knowing something. Especially not this year where my exposure to regular radio was essentially zero and me never really klicking on "trending" links on any social media platforms. My taste in music comes down to certain parts of metal and a certain appreciation for a genre that is both very local and essentially has been somewhat dead for a while now (there are newer groups and artists, but most I don't like).

Take this for instance:

Just in case you're wondering, yes, that's actually a happy birthday song for a cemetary. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

I probably posted most of the Rammstein songs of decent recording quality I could find (either here or mostly in the heavy metal threads), so here is some Rammstein cover

I want to say that this is the low key best The Who song:

At the same time I have a sneaking suspicion that everybody else also thinks this is the best The Who song and I just don't know about it.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

From Gorths nostalgia corner, one of the few things better than Rammstein. Queen...

For some reason I'm reminded of Phillip Glass.  Which is probably unkind to Fripp et al.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

More stuff from Gorth's box of ancient memories... aka nostalgia time.

Jarre might be a European thing, I don't know. It was once very popular on the radio and as backing tracks for various stuff.

And something "pacier"