Amentep

9 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Age 48 (about 5:05)

Age 68 (about 4:35)

Keep rocking forever, Pat.

The Pat Benatar I remember... now *I* feel old 😢

Edit: Speaking of remembering old stuff... 😝

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

23 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Age 48 (about 5:05)

Age 68 (about 4:35)

Keep rocking forever, Pat.

Hell yeah! I LOVE her. Always used to marvel at how so much sound and energy could come from such a small body!! :)

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

The Pat Benatar I remember... now *I* feel old 😢

Both Benatar and Blondie are among my CDs that I play (loudly) very regularly. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Hell yeah! I LOVE her. Always used to marvel at how so much sound and energy could come from such a small body!! :)

Look at Ronnie James Dio. He was a very small guy but dear god what a voice. (Apparently, he used to play the trumpet when he was young. Must have given him some serious lung power.)

Dio was also one of those weird fellas who sang really high but his tone was such that he sounded really masculine even high up there. Just brilliant. His pitch was astonishing, too.

On the topic of small front men/women with big voices, I nominate Klaus Meine (163cm) from Scorpions and Bruce Dlckinson (168) from Iron Maiden. Impressive voices in tiny bodies...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

On the topic of small front men/women with big voices, I nominate Klaus Meine (163cm) from Scorpions and Bruce Dlckinson (168) from Iron Maiden. Impressive voices in tiny bodies...

Very good indeed, both of them. Apparently Dio was also 163 cm.

I think the one who could jump highest, at least in the studio, was Klaus Meine. There's a ridiculously high C or C# at the end of Now! (from Blackout). I'm not going to check, but I think it's higher than Dickinson's scream in Gangland (from Number of the Beast) or the background harmonics in Flash of the Blade (from Powerslave). Dio doesn't reach as high anywhere, I think. I invite anyone to correct me, this is from memory.

Something unknown and different (for me at least). I blame the arcane workings of the Youtube algorithms /warding sign

On 5/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, majestic said:

I heard someone called for a DIO video? :p 

Christ but he sings well live. Frankly amazing.

(It was always funny how some of the 1980s rock bands, for instance, had vocalists who couldn't really pull it off in concert, Vince Neil and David Lee Roth being good examples. Dio certainly could.)

There is something weirdly charming about Psy. Also, kind of a catchy song, and hey, BTS member.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

His movie soundtracks (Conan the Barbarian and Chariots of Fire), his collaborations with Jon Anderson from Yes (I'll find my way home or The friends of Mr. Cairo), his own projects...  he's a frigging genius! 👍

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Conan the Barbarian

Wrong Greek (well, ok person of Greek heritage), that was Basil Pouledoris

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm...I love Ray Charles but I think I might like this "electro swing" version more.
Strangely the original creators vid (first) has relatively few views but some slightly different remix someone did (2nd) has millions and millions. The whimsy of the 'net and algorithms. Anyway...I could shuffle dance to either one all day.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

9 hours ago, Malcador said:

Wrong Greek (well, ok person of Greek heritage), that was Basil Pouledoris

Right you are 😂

Even worse, I had the Conan soundtrack cd just in front of me 😳

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Hmm...I love Ray Charles but ...

moving on...

HA! Good Fun!

edit:

@Gorth

still our favorite "fantasy" movie and the basil score is a contributing factor.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

still our favorite "fantasy" movie and the basil score is a contributing factor.

A fantastic movie (pun unintended). Together with Blade Runner probably my two favourite sound tracks from 80's movies...

Arnold did a couple of movies in the 80's that I liked. Besides Conan, I would give honourable mentions to Twins (a shout out to Danny DeVito too) and Total Recall.

Oldies but goodies... the Rammstein members are somewhere between 55 and 60 by now, but still touring. Not bad for a bunch of "old men". You lucky bastards in the Czech Republic...

Like the previous Rammstein video, questionable quality phone recordings 😢

It will have to do until some pro-shot quality/official videos get out...

the rita moreno & muppets version is fun.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

Here's a former superpower returned to action: out of shape, out of sorts, badly coordinated and utterly unprepared but still able to wreak immeasurable havoc in its apparent desire to ruin its reputation and destroy its legacy, thus essentially forcing anyone watching to hope that all this will be over as soon as possible. No parallels with anything in the world right now, of course.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 5:47 PM, Gorth said:

(muppets video)

since we were thinking muppets, we got more o' the curious Gromnir brain linkages.

paul williams is the guy who wrote (co-wrote) rainbow connection.

we mock the 70s from time-to-time, but it is amazing the number o' quirky stars from that decade clear deserving o' their accolades who nevertheless woulda' had far more difficulty becoming famous at any other time since. 

side note: mr. williams is a guy who had a whole lotta rando tv appearances over the years. @Hurlsnot is possible gonna recall him from goliath. the trek fans maybe remember (or possible forget) williams were in an episode o' voyager where he curious played the leader o' a planet w/o music. etc. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2