Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

another example o' the funny way Gromnir's brain works. were a bit o' questionable history regarding abraham lincoln in another thread, and am embarrassed to admit an electric six song got stuck in our head after we did an obligatory eye-roll.

warning: the song is not explicit offensive, but am recognizing the vid and lyrics might be deemed inappropriate by the powers that be. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

For some truly criminal acts against art... or whatever. Definitely some creative editing and sync'ing involved

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I am the oby now.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the russian propaganda version is... weird.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the real real slim shady

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Was listening to some of his stuff then came across this, wasn't expecting Alex Jones-tier lyrics :lol:

That’s not all that I’m here to present you,

I know about the black pope in Solomon’s Temple Yeah,
about the Vatican assassins and how they will get you,
And how they cloned Barack Hussein Obama in a test tube.

Edited by Malcador
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No fair, I was in bed and asleep when it premiered (I even had it bookmarked) 😂

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I know Anzac day was almost a week ago, but better late than never

• Like 1

Oldies but goodies... (I can't remember if I didn't already post this one the last 12 months, yes, getting old)

• Like 1

Apologies, doubt anyone here would be interested, just posting so I can bypass YouTube's "you can't loop/repeat on your mobile/phone".  :p

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

14 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Apologies, doubt anyone here would be interested, just posting so I can bypass YouTube's "you can't loop/repeat on your mobile/phone". 

You can do that, just need to use desktop mode, then long press on the video and the Loop option should show.  I just tested that on my Android using FF mobile though.

19 minutes ago, Malcador said:

You can do that, just need to use desktop mode, then long press on the video and the Loop option should show.  I just tested that on my Android using FF mobile though.

There's a desktop mode?

*looks...hmm..."Javascript exception rule"...hmm..."loads a lot slower/laggy..."*

I guess that works (I just use Chrome on mobile). Is there a way to prevent Android from then sticking a "play this file" shortcut/bar on the power-on/clock phone initial screen if you leave that page open when you turn the phone off? I have phone in Power-Saving/limited mode (only way to get more than 10-15 hours of standby...), not sure why it's saving/tossing that up.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

There's a desktop mode?

*looks...hmm..."Javascript exception rule"...hmm..."loads a lot slower/laggy..."*

I guess that works (I just use Chrome on mobile). Is there a way to prevent Android from then sticking a "play this file" shortcut/bar on the power-on/clock phone initial screen if you leave that page open when you turn the phone off? I have phone in Power-Saving/limited mode (only way to get more than 10-15 hours of standby...), not sure why it's saving/tossing that up.

Yeah the desktop version on my phone runs like molasses.   As for that notification, don't think you can get rid of it, I'll have to check

Age 48 (about 5:05)

Age 68 (about 4:35)

Keep rocking forever, Pat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Keep rocking forever, Pat.

hard to believe the rock n' roll hall o' fame continues to snub pat benatar. shameful.

converse, 

how many people here may name a paul butterfield blues band tune... other than Gromnir? heck, elvin bishop goes into the hall of fame in 2016 a year after the paul butterfield blues band which he were a member. am kinda a fan o' paul butterfield (harmonica) and elvin bishop (guitar) but even we can't explain how they get a hall o' fame nod and pat benatar does not. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

hard to believe the rock n' roll hall o' fame continues to snub pat benatar. shameful.

It keeps snubbing so many important names that the whole hall, in my view, doesn't deserve respect. After all, it's very much a creation of Rolling Stone magazine and related aesthetics, which I'd argue are anything but good.

• Like 1