Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

On 12/13/2021 at 9:09 PM, Raithe said:

As it's that time of year once again....

The HP Lovecraft Historical Society just makes some of the most fun Christmas songs (I bought the original boxed set they released on DVD, just to get the tentacle stocking)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

A blast from the past... was 1994 really that long ago? 😢

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No, but 1979, when that came out, is.  😛

More hip hop needs to use brass instruments.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is this thing with my Youtube reccomendations, when it offers up something that is definitely not like all the other things in there, and it keeps popping up no matter how persistently I ignore it until I give up and, hey, it appears it is not bad at all. :yes:

And now  I'm off to listen to everything by "Dead South".

Nostalgia time... from before Gorth was a teenager (just a big kid with access to his parents radio, no music videos or anything that fancy available on TV or elsewhere in Denmark in the 70's)

Looks like I spent the last ten years not knowing that Scooter actually made an official music video to their New Kids Turbo theme song.

Ah, to have missed perfection for so many years. Scooter is truly the apex of European dance trash from the 90ies, and they're still going strong.

In the unlikely case that anyone here is not familiar with these glorious Germans, take a peek at their prime 90ies trash:

:yes:

Spoiler

A part of this post is a joke, it's up to you to find out which one. :p

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

and they're still going strong.

There is a God, and He hates us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not really sure why Youtube thought this was metal (when bored I rely on the mix playlist to get something to listen to).  Maybe is the naked woman on the cover.

• Like 1

Because I love the voice of this fabulous Faeroese lady... A cover version of Leonard Cohen's Famous Blue Raincoat

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

@Malcador How do you define metal?

I guess my usual things would be a deeper tone or just heavier sound and the speed of it.  Heh, maybe am just biased by the thrash bands I first listened to.  But usually I check wikipedia to see what the band identifies as if anything 😄

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I guess my usual things would be a deeper tone or just heavier sound and the speed of it.  Heh, maybe am just biased by the thrash bands I first listened to.  But usually I check wikipedia to see what the band identifies as if anything 😄

Just wondering. For me it's the instruments and the lyrics. I sometimes identify bands as metal when the band doesn't even do it. For example:

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

At least power metal is easy to identify. If you feel intense shame at the idea of a family member catching you watching the music video....it's power metal.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Malcador said:

At least power metal is easy to identify. If you feel intense shame at the idea of a family member catching you watching the music video....it's power metal.

Hahahaha

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On 1/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, bugarup said:

And he is all blue! :biggrin:

(aka "And you thought Scooter was cheesy")

That certainly was a valiant effort at the time, and while they may have won a battle, there's no winning the war against Scooter.

Proof:

And just to add one more thing:

:p

They also have a new album called "God Save The Rave" so make of that title what you will. Heh.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Nostalgia time... this music was brought to you by The Department for Teutonic Affairs

Blue Monday is great and all, but this one is still my favorite. I still have the LP. And the cassette version. And a CD version. Driving windy hills on a dark rainy night.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

had one o' those "best-laid plans" moments yesterday... brilliant scheme were undermined by all too predictable Gromnir error. mr. cash woulda' understood.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)