Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

From the days of yore, when Gorth was but a school boy and the radio the only source of music...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That marble machine was neat, but a bit disappointed it wasn't actually music from Marble Madness...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

That marble machine was neat, but a bit disappointed it wasn't actually music from Marble Madness...

The guy wasn't an engineer. Apparently it basically fell apart after making that youtube video.

He started a crowdsourcing thing and spent three years and a lot of his own money trying to create a grander version he could take on tour... But alas, as a non-engineer he was way in over his head , had to scrap and restart from the beginning multiple times and burnt out on it.

• Sad 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've never really listened to Infected Mushroom as music before, I've only ever had it as background music in PnP playlists, but they're pretty damn good I think

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 11/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, Raithe said:

I still think that nVidia should've made their RTX demo with a digital version of this. It would've fit perfectly

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

This guy made a pretty good music video for this song. Good old days of Youtube

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a bit to place the singer/voice.
Also, I still think we should move to Canada. Except ... the snow, the cold. nvm.

....you'd have to make that "If I had ten million dollars", now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

From the Faeroe Islands... (no idea how to "classify" this)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ah, what UO2 could have been

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

13 hours ago, Gorth said:

From the Faeroe Islands... (no idea how to "classify" this)

I still don't know what the heck to call it (my brain would probably explode if I really tried to work it out), but who cares? I've been binge watching Eivor a bit on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this from a Patron ad of all things :lol: