Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

My new friend sent me this last night

• Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

last few days o' buggy wotr gameplay has had the following song playing on a loop in our head.

sure, play game is nothing like turn-of-century coal mining, but still feels more like work than entertainment at the moment and is not like we got control o' the crazy connections our sleep deprived brain makes.

on the positive side, compared to the "songs" which usual spawn inexplicable and get stuck in our head, am calling this a win... though we gotta admit that for the past few months, in the hall of the mountain king is the music (not song) which plagues us unbidden and most frequent. given the theme o' peer gynt, this subconscious selection is disquieting on multiple levels. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 9/22/2021 at 4:52 AM, Guard Dog said:

My new friend sent me this last night

Just make sure she's not planning on harvesting your organs.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I post this not so much because I'm all that enamored of the song (or band) but ... I guess they've really become some kind of global phenomenon. After "Dynamite" they appear to be moving towards making most of their songs sung in English. Which, as a non-Korean speaker, I find a little less charming (and I still have a hard time understanding some of their English spoken singing). But ... supposedly they're the first band since the Beatles to have 3 albums reach #1 on Billboard in a year. Special UN Assembly envoy for the S. Korean President (edit: re: Sustainable Development Goals). Billions of YT views. They've been around long enough now that most of their members are in their late 20's. The power of youthful fans - and social/internet media access - can be a powerful thing. And I think it's a good thing. Music, as it can/does, bringing the world together on global scale. I can dig it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

oh, and david lee roth is retiring

is unfair, but the first thing we thought when we saw the picture from the linked article were how much david lee roth looks like maskless darth vader at end o' rotj. is more the complete absence o' color than anything and am hopeful he doesn't have health concerns as is hinted at in the article. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

13 hours ago, bugarup said:

Reunion of good ol' 90's. I used to love them for their entire too brief existence. :wub:

I don't know why they always make me think of this other band. They are not the same (other than the slightly dark, gothic look), but maybe I just bought the cd's in the same time period. When cd's started to replace vinyls...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

7 hours ago, Gorth said:

I don't know why they always make me think of this other band. They are not the same (other than the slightly dark, gothic look), but maybe I just bought the cd's in the same time period. When cd's started to replace vinyls...

Love this other band too.  :yes: 

I really should digitize all my goth CDs one of these days, sometimes I miss them quite a lot.

• Like 1

Heh, Maiden kind of ripped this one off.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the so 80's music I can't believe it.. and Peter Cushings final appearance on film before his death.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just feeling nostalgic... comes with age I suppose 😛

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And a bit more... (sorry about the double post, I just have bad experiences putting too many videos in a single post)

And something that somehow missed the 80's bus and ended up in the 90's... Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

Favourite Metallica song.  Oddly suitable for listening to at work.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Used to listen to this on my old iRiver player so often (1 GB means not that many songs..) back in the lab.  Nothing like poorly singing this at 11 PM alone in a SPARC lab. :lol:

• Like 1

Back to basics... Rammstein!

• Like 1

can't hardly believe this were original released 2001.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3