Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The rains from whatever is left of Hurricane Ada finally got here. So I’m just sitting on the porch playing 70’s rock. I’ve been on a 70’s kick for a little while now 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Found this:

Which led me to the original:

I'm not sure which one I like better.
Those kids are awesome tho, either way.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was dusting off old music cd's and ran across an old OMD album...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Since I was on a roll (and with my nose into dusty cd cases)

• Like 2

I swear another song has the same rhythm as this one, can't place it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who knew Finns could emote this much

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Who knew Finns could emote this much

I don't think any outsiders truly knows what Finns are saying 🤔

Because I felt inspired by that Matrix trailer...

• Like 1

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Sorry, posting another one of these. Just love what Kiffness creates (original cadence "viral video" is on YT as well). Drill instructor cadences are awesome enough on their own, the added beat/music just makes it even more so. Great to aerobic to. I had to of course watch a lot of cadence/drill videos. Is there a requirement that a drill sgt./instructor has to have a decent cadence-tone/voice?  Is there ever a drill person who sounds utterly terrible? I kind of doubt it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts