Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

5 hours ago, majestic said:

You might like this then:

Assuming you don't know them already, anyway. :) 

I hadn't heard of them before, thanks for the recommendation! 😃

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I hadn't heard of them before, thanks for the recommendation! 😃

There's also Santiano, who do a, uhm, schlagery old wife sea shanty version of that stuff:

I can't listen to any of that because lyrics, but that most likely won't bother you. :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

4 hours ago, majestic said:

There's also Santiano, who do a, uhm, schlagery old wife sea shanty version of that stuff:

I can't listen to any of that because lyrics, but that most likely won't bother you. :p

germans will ruin everything if you give 'em a chance. take a sea shanty and make it sound like they is 'bout to invade __________, and they is gonna enjoy doing it. 

shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

charlie don't surf

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 7/17/2021 at 7:46 PM, majestic said:

Not quite as awful as the Hollywood version of vikings... 😖

Traditional Old Norse martial music

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Till Lindemann (Rammstein's lead singer) Fat

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nostalgia time... some old German rock from my teenage years (when music was something you bought as vinyl records!) 😎

book am reading and referenced in another thread reminded us o' regina spektor, a jewish soviet era russian emigre to the US. the school in the video is where her mother, a former professor o' music in russia, teaches music to elementary school children. lucky kids.

thought her cover o' "while my guitar gently weeps" for an animated film were great. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

so, cover of tower of power w/o a horn section? that takes some cojones. kinda fun nonetheless.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

I'm all for horn sections, but I have to admit I liked the keyboard filling in the sounds and the Tsugaru Syamisen doing the lead vocals more than I expected to.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Because I haven't posted some Rammstein in a while. Not surprised that an Australian mining corporation was involved in the disaster. They're **** when it comes to things like safety and environmental protection in Australia. Why would they behave differently when abroad (even if they don't own the government of Romania like they do the local government down here)?

• Thanks 1

@Raithe Damn! That was deep. Loved it 😁

• Thanks 1

I liked other songs from Pyromania more, but this video is the one where Joe Elliot's professionally cut mutt-hair flips and lands around his face in a such a perfect way so as to give a gal a 4 minute crush. :lol: 

I did not have even a 4 minute crush on anyone in this band, nor was I a big listener of them, but I did like some of their songs.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

More Eivør. I think I did post one of songs in the past, so here is another one. This Faoerese lady covers a very wide range of styles (not all of them to my liking, but every now and then I feel my self caught up in playing one of her songs on repeat).