Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

I can't help it, I'm an old Queen fan

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I believe that's what happens when a country musician listens to a lot of 70s funk, Black Sabbath, hip-hop and Cars albums, makes his own album, then hires a bunch of Anime directors to direct a film based on the album and then the segments are also made into music videos for the songs on the album.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, majestic said:

What in the blazing inferno of infinite layers of the abyss is that? 😄🤭

It's like Heavy Metal. But it doesn't suck as much 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't know what this is, I accidentally clicked on it from someone else's profile on a different site, but it's nice.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I think I posted this already a few years ago, but who cares. I was dusting off old cd's and ran across this album which I bought a long time ago. It's the kind of music that makes you want to run over to your neighbour, knock on his door and then declare war right here and now! (I first heard it as a background track for an old Warhammer 40K cutscene montage on youtube)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For a bit of Nordic flavour... from the Faeroe Islands

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Guitar version of the Game of Thrones theme (first two minutes are mostly warm up and tuning)

Pretty decent hardrock

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 3/15/2021 at 7:46 PM, Hurlshot said:

Found the official band of my Mongolian teaching unit.

I love The HU, yuve yuve yu has an awesome groove to it!

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken