Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

Old thread:

Last post: 

On 11/8/2020 at 1:00 PM, Raithe said:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

@ComradeMaster Bro, are you even trying? 😛

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Apparently Rick Astley is "back" - eg, he's posting stuff on YouTube. Always nice to see artists from my past still around doing things.
He seems to have become a bit more of a baritone (?) in his age. His cover of this song isn't bad, not bad at all.  The funny/adorable thing to me tho is that if you watch his dance arm movements, at times you can see a certain meme-dance wanting to come out... :lol: 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"landslide"

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

This is the greatest song that has the lyric "Her placenta falls to the floor" in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJ4O-nSveg

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

peer gynt is the unapologetic narcissist and liar who follows the advice o' the troll king, wisdom which actual belonged to shakespeare by way o' polonius-- "to thine own self be true."

keep in mind, polonius were not advising self-reflection and moral integrity. to read thus is a modern perversion o' the original meaning. in this one instance, trolls, and the modern day equivalent sitting behind the resolute desk, better understand polonius than do modern audiences.

look out for number one.

regardless, in the hall of the mountain king is the music we hear when we reflect on 2020.

and the line rider bit is kinda nifty too.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's weird how well this works! 🤘

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

i got weird friends who supply me with those things

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Catchy song, though I could barely hear it in the movie.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm posting these largely to comment that: I never liked this song all that much, but after YouTubing-around, I've discovered I like it a lot better when one, it's sung by a male, and two, in any language that's not English.  :lol:  My fave is full Japanese tho (2nd video), I've had it on background-repeat all day - maybe I've watched too many anime.  :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Surprised Trump isn't using this in ads.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Crime City Nights - Cyberpunk / Dark Synthwave - YouTube

Beautiful.  Perhaps the retrograde theme of Cyberpunk could develop into a psychotically niche fanbase after all, regardless of the inflated hype surrounding it.

It's one of those win-win scenarios.  The game is overhyped and bound to let down quite a few people but at the same time it's bound to pick up quite a few followers and fanatics post-release.

I think we're living in the age of greatness-in-irony.

Edited by ComradeMaster

Just some teenage memories resurfacing...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Double post... a Norwegian/Danish/German band playing something... not sure what. Instruments used from the wiki:

• drums, including one with horse skin painted with human blood, two drums with deerskin and a drum with goatskin
  • bones, including a human forearm bone and deer bones
  • a buffalo horn rattle
  • a clay rattle with human ashes
  • a Hindu ritual bell
  • antiques from temples
  • a reconstructed silver cup from the Viking Age
  • a ravanahatha (an ancient Indian instrument)
  • other rattles, whistles and percussive instruments

Time for some northern European culture :skull:

Edit to add a second video:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

given the string o' gop court losses...

the game were a curious album for queen. this may be apocryphal, but is our understanding that michael jackson convinced freddie mercury and his bandmates that a record that people could dance to is what were needed to take queen to the next level.

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 1