The New Drinking Thread

Amentep

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I've cut back on alcohol a lot but last night I treated myself to a couple of old fashioneds. Definitely one of the top 2 or 3 that I've ever had.

What whisky did you use?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 minute ago, Keyrock said:

What whisky did you use?

I got it at the restaurant that we went to and according to the menu it was Eagle Rare 10yr Bourbon

EAGLE RARE OLD FASHIONED

Eagle Rare 10 Bourbon, Angostura, Demerara, Citrus Oil, Cherry

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I can't decide if I like my irish coffee best with the cream on top, and taking a bit of cold fresh cream float together with the coffee, or if I like it best with the cream mixed in. 🤔

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 3/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, ShadySands said:

I got it at the restaurant that we went to and according to the menu it was Eagle Rare 10yr Bourbon

EAGLE RARE OLD FASHIONED

Eagle Rare 10 Bourbon, Angostura, Demerara, Citrus Oil, Cherry

I think I could make this. I'll see if I drank all the Bourbon when I get home. 

39 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I can't decide if I like my irish coffee best with the cream on top, and taking a bit of cold fresh cream float together with the coffee, or if I like it best with the cream mixed in. 🤔

Personally, I go with Irish Cream and Coffee liqueur (sometimes chocolate as well) mixed in with the coffee and maybe a bit of cream on top.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

47 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Personally, I go with Irish Cream and Coffee liqueur (sometimes chocolate as well) mixed in with the coffee and maybe a bit of cream on top.

I haven't tried that variant yet, I'm still at brown sugar, irish whiskey (Sucks that I'm stuck with Tullamore DEW atm) with a whipped cream float. I can see some baileys working nice though 😃

Only problem is that I'd proabably only get one drink out of a bottle of baileys. I know myself. I know what will happen to that poor baileys bottle. 😅

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

@Azdeus

I like the rum cask Tullamore DEW, and I think there's one other that's really good, but I'd usually go for Jameson Black Barrel or Writer's Tears for most drinks and Redbreast or Green (or one of the other colors) Spot for drinking straight or in Old Fashioneds.

The Baileys sounds like you need a lock or something.

Oh, and I did drink all the Bourbon. And only have Peychauds. Lmao

Edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

22 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

@Azdeus

I like the rum cask Tullamore DEW, and I think there's one other that's really good, but I'd usually go for Jameson Black Barrel or Writer's Tears for most drinks and Redbreast or Green (or one of the other colors) Spot for drinking straight or in Old Fashioneds.

The Baileys sounds like you need a lock or something.

I don't know if it's because it's popular as hell, or unpopular as hell, don't really matter, the result is the same, but Irish whiskey is really limited in availability here. I could get Jameson (triple distilled, single malt) instead, I could put in an order for a delivery of Teeling, but I don't know much about whiskey.

Heh, I once walked 20km while drunk because my friend said she happened to have Baileys and 2 bottles of Licor 43 at home. I brought 2 litres of milk. The next day she had no Baileys or Licor 43, one empty packet of milk, and one nasty headache.

I'm afraid a lock wouldn't do me much good. Maybe a time-locked safe 🤔🤣

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Writers Tears Double Oak. It's different. Not bad but at all but different from my usual expectations. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting down on some moonshine made right here in cackalacky:

rNMgChk.jpg

It's quite tasty and smooth, sweeter than I expected; it's almost like a liqueur. I'm drinking it straight at room temperature, it doesn't need ice, nor a mixer, nor a chaser. If I wind up passed out face down in the middle of my living room, y'all know why.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sort of an old fashioned with Writer's Tears Double Oak, Benedictine, Peychauds, orange bitters, a bit of syrup, some orange peel around the glass before dropping in, and a cute little cherry to hang with the ice. It's very interesting, in general I prefer Irish or rye to bourbon and dislike Scotch so it works pretty good for my tastes. The Benedictine was recommended to me in place of sugar, but I don't think it quite gets there so I used the syrup I have on hand to get it to where I like it. I'd recommend it, but maybe swap out the Writer's Tears for Redbreast or Jameson Black Barrel because I get something from that whiskey I don't quite like.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 12:31 AM, ComradeYellow said:

Heineken.  Best beer ever bar none.

This should also be the tobacco and hookers thread.

I mean **** who doesn't want to die with a collapsed lung, a sweet prostitute, and a blood alcohol level that's 4 times the legal driving limit??

Finished the last of the double oak, have to say it is a downgrade from just the standard Writer's Tears.

Opened a bottle of Devils River Rye. It is pretty good and not terribly expensive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rum & coke. The coke is Coke Zero and the rum is 100 proof Captain Morgan spiced, because I just got home from several weeks on the road and I ain't ****ing around.

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Rum & coke. The coke is Coke Zero and the rum is 100 proof Captain Morgan spiced, because I just got home from several weeks on the road and I ain't ****ing around.

Should've used Dr. Pepper tbh.

• Like 2

Bourbon sidecars. Not bad tbh.

34 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Mango Pepsi

Soda has gotten really weird.

I don't really drink soda without alcohol, so maybe I'll try that next.

I had hot plum sake at the sushi restaurant I went to today. It's not something I could drink all the time, but once in a while it's pretty great.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 1 month later...

Hot chocolate with baileys and whiskey topped with whipped cream. Not bad, but I'm definitely going jogging tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1