The New Drinking Thread

Amentep

Old thread:

On 11/7/2020 at 11:16 AM, ShadySands said:

Jack and cinnamon Coke

On 11/7/2020 at 2:59 PM, Keyrock said:

Wait, is Cinnamon Coke a thing or did you just add cinnamon to Coke?

On 11/7/2020 at 3:03 PM, ShadySands said:

It's a real and delicious thing

cinnamon-without-flag?wid=270&fmt=png-al

On 11/8/2020 at 5:34 AM, StupidSeal said:

Coca Cola is really bad for you stop drinking it please guys

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Made myself a peppermint patty. It's soooo good.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My liver is starting to tell me to go F myself so I guess it's time for me to quit....for good :(

I'll spare you the gruesome details but sometimes you never notice your liver is ailing until you engage in some kind of activity that triggers it.

I used to know a guy, he died in car crash.  If he wasn't a raging alcoholic he certainly would have survived but the crash ruptured what was left of his liver and he died on the spot.  True story.

• Sad 2

I typically only have mixed drinks when I am out with my wife, and typically we explore new drinks during our Vegas trips. But I am clearly missing all that with the pandemic, so I decided to throw some cheap bourbon in with spiced cider. It turned out pretty well! Itch is now scratched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

I typically only have mixed drinks when I am out with my wife, and typically we explore new drinks during our Vegas trips. But I am clearly missing all that with the pandemic, so I decided to throw some cheap bourbon in with spiced cider. It turned out pretty well! Itch is now scratched.

My fiance prefers mixed drinks, so I've gotten used to making them on the weekend. Apple is pretty versatile and I think it goes well enough with whiskeys and rums to be at least a decent drink if you don't want a straight hit. For cider and bourbon I like to add a bit of honey or agave, but I don't use spiced cider so that might go terribly wrong.

I picked up a bottle of Whistle Pig rye whiskey that's pretty good for what it is. I drank it straight today, tomorrow I'm going to probably try something with orange.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• 1 month later...

I bought some cranberry lime mixer and sone vodka in the hopes of taking advantage of my wife with some ****tails tonight. It worked out somewhat, but she does seem to be somewhat immune to vodka. You see, she spent a year dancing in Japan in her 20's, and now she has move onto something called Shochu:

Anyways, I am drunk, and she is fine. >_<

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Haha 2

I know what shochu is because of the Yakuza games. Score another one for Ryu Ga Gotoku. 

image.png.20d98c0d7f752078d056052b37b90f10.png

I had this with my dad during the holidays:

image.png.afc8646af5f786a58f3d860f82623e06.png

I had zero previous experience with Japanese whiskies. Quite sweet and smooth with a good bit of burn (51.4%, it comes with the territory). It went well with a cigar.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

22 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

I bought some cranberry lime mixer and sone vodka in the hopes of taking advantage of my wife with some ****tails tonight. It worked out somewhat, but she does seem to be somewhat immune to vodka. You see, she spent a year dancing in Japan in her 20's, and now she has move onto something called Shochu:

Anyways, I am drunk, and she is fine. >_<

Sounds nice, though because of how things work here, I've somewhat limited options unless I want to privately import. And then we're talking about 1200$+cost of whatever the price of the bottle; Would your wife recommend any of these three?

https://www.systembolaget.se/sok/?textQuery=shochu

• Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

36 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Sounds nice, though because of how things work here, I've somewhat limited options unless I want to privately import. And then we're talking about 1200$+cost of whatever the price of the bottle; Would your wife recommend any of these three?

https://www.systembolaget.se/sok/?textQuery=shochu

Now I'm really curious to see if Hurlshot will know which one of the buttons means "yeah I'm old enough to look at alcohol" and all that stuff in the pop ups.

No cheating with google! ;):p

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance did something with blood orange and bourbon. It's getting us drunk and tastes good.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

That sounds good. You have inspired me to start drinking. That and the political thread. :p

I'm glad to be a good influence.

Hot chocolate and bourbon is pretty good. 

9 hours ago, KaineParker said:

I'm glad to be a good influence.

Hot chocolate and bourbon is pretty good. 

Which burbon?

Still drinking peppermint pattys, but one day I might want some variation on it

On 1/17/2021 at 7:39 AM, Azdeus said:

Which burbon?

Still drinking peppermint pattys, but one day I might want some variation on it

Angel's Envy

• Like 1

I bought a mix and a decent bottle of Vodka to make some Moscow Mules for tonight. No copper cup, but still a tasty break from my typical IPA's. Digital learning and instacarting has definitely driven me to more drinking than usual.

At least I ran 7 miles before getting drunk. 😝

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Redbreast 12 straight. It warms you up.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 4:34 AM, Hurlshot said:

I bought a mix and a decent bottle of Vodka to make some Moscow Mules for tonight. No copper cup, but still a tasty break from my typical IPA's. Digital learning and instacarting has definitely driven me to more drinking than usual.

At least I ran 7 miles before getting drunk. 😝

Rehydrating with Moscow Mules? Here's your gold man-card. 🎟

• Thanks 2

I poured me a small Pálinka (from northern Romania I brought with me from our last posting). The first sips were really good but the last two ones were a hellish nightmare, uäch. How can a drink turn from good into urglfx in half an hour? This never happens with stuff like Vodka or Gin but lots of times with Whisky, Cognac, (fruit) brandy and the like. What am I doing wrong? 

• Gasp! 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods