Does getting rid of Confusion lets you see your health while in Frenzy?

Unrelated.

All Frenzy effects conceal your Health.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Whoa, really?

Well, then...!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

3 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Unrelated.

All Frenzy effects conceal your Health.

Sigh; and no way to counter it? What a stupid mechanic.

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Normal Barbarian Frenzy doesn't conceal health

Really?! I've been avoiding the class like the plague for nothing then! ;(

I think in Poe1 frenzy always concealed health, but in Deadfire it only applies to berserkers?

You could always pick a "race" that has an ability that activates when bloodied, like humans or fire godlike and the barbarian class itself has the blooded ability that activates after getting well, bloodied and you can also spot it after the ability unflinching de-activates. Assuming one picks either one, naturally.

In any case, if you go berserker get the ring Voidward (it reduces raw damage taken by -25%) asap; it's over at Radiant Court in Dunnage. Might not wanna go overboard with might in character creation either, cuz it increases the self-damage from frenzy.

Also if you play in rtwp, one can always program the ai to use healing abilities when at say, bloodied or near death.

• Like 1

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance

In turn based, it's not an issue at all.  You can manually track the berserker's HPs by noting, on paper, what he has when he frenzies and then use the combat log to see how much damage he took if he is attacked. and update your paper note. In RTwP, that might still be possible, but would be much harder I would think.

• Like 1

Solutions:

1) Put on auto-pause when bloodied/near death

2) Follow the combat log.

3) Activate Robust or heal regularly

4) Build your barb to be tanky enough that by the time frenzy runs out you won't be near death.

5) Play moon or fire godlike

6)Just yolo lmao

Play single class pick Vengeful Defeat, use Effort, Effigy's Husk and Mantle of the Seven Storms and roll with it. ;)

Addendum: I wrote about that several times now so I hope I'm not boring anybody but if you export a character with Ring of Reset you can have two. If you stack them in the stash they will refill their charges, giving you 3 knockouts+resurrection without suffering from an injury per encounter. Cheesy of course but it can be fun to play such a suicidal character then. You know with Leaping in, having Barbaric Retaliation, using Heart of Fury and triggering the occasional Vengeful Defeat + Effort AoE attack + Mantle AoE attack. 

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods