Politics... US election edition

Gorth

With a name like that he sure is part of the Jewish world conspiracy and an enemy of the people, therefore an enemy of Trump. Which makes no real sense because Trump is supposedly Cyrus the Great reborn, who was decidedly not an enemy of the Jews.

Great, now I'm confused. :(

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Biden now has a slight lead in Georgia, it's looking worse and worse for Trump's odds of winning although the margin there will almost certainly be close enough to trigger an automatic recount and there are still ballots yet to be counted. I suspect that we'll also see an upswing in unrest tomorrow that might erupt into violence as the more extreme radicals on the right realize that Trump is in real danger of losing the race... And an equally high chance of unrest from the radical left if Trump gains a lead in enough states to put in over 270...

Although if it is within one or two delegates I wouldn't sleep easy if I were Trump considering, if I remember correctly, he had two unfaithful electors in 2016 and he is even more polarizing now. The chance of this is probably highest if he does mange to stop the voting, although now that he's behind I suspect he'll suddenly change his position on that, but even without that I suspect there's a risk. And the same could be said of Biden although I think that is less likely this year than it was in 2016 when it was clear Clinton had lost and a protest vote wouldn't change the election.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

5 minutes ago, Raithe said:

When the question of "Does my one vote actually matter" is raised.. :

An even better example is a House race in 2019 in Virginia that literally came down to a coin toss since it was a tie vote, the ballot of the tie-breaking voter was tossed out since he hadn't filled it out properly and had written something in, meaning that if a single extra voter had come to the polls they would have decided the race.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Ted Cruz 2024!

No! No more! Someone new please. New blood is needed. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I heard Trumps comments from last night. A President leaving office has two ways to go. They can walk away with dignity, with head held high. Or they can go kicking and screaming. Looks like Trump has chosen the latter. But... of course he would!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 minute ago, Darkpriest said:

Trump JR? 😂

:lol: Can you even imagine that?

That would be like holding a fifteen in blackjack and asking for a hit on a dealer showing 10.

That would be like pulling the pin on a grenade... then throwing the pin

That would be like the coyote opening an Acme box and thinking "this time for sure"

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

The thing that worries me is the two Senate races in Georgia are heading for a runoff. That means in January there will be an election that will decide control of the Senate. Jesus. You think this election was bad? That will be some insanity because the democrats will be fighting for total control of the US government. That is an outcome almost too horrible to contemplate. And they will fight like savages for it. Control of the Senate means everything for the crazy left. Expanding the court, Green New Deal, unprecedented growth of federal power. To quote Orwell "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.”

Time to buy more cans, MREs, dog food, and ammunition. The fan is on and  the s--t bucket is full and ready to be heaved into it. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Sad 1

Thomas Sowell

38 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

The thing that worries me is the two Senate races in Georgia are heading for a runoff. That means in January there will be an election that will decide control of the Senate. Jesus. You think this election was bad? That will be some insanity because the democrats will be fighting for total control of the US government.

I already dread the political ads...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

21 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Ah, the old fashioned call backs. I was tempted to throw this in the funny thread...

The buuuuurnnn... Dayumn

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

9 hours ago, Gorth said:

US Presidential elections are going to be really fun to watch when AOC is old enough to run 😇

Obviously, this being a gaming forum I read that as Age Of Conan.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

What concerns me is that Trump Jr. is already going out and calling for violence over the election. Even if Trump is kicked out, a single message condoning a violent reprisal from his behalf against the Dems could be the spark to provoke several Kyle Rittenhouses all over the country.

• Sad 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

5 minutes ago, algroth said:

What concerns me is that Trump Jr. is already going out and calling for violence over the election. Even if Trump is kicked out, a single message condoning a violent reprisal from his behalf against the Dems could be the spark to provoke several Kyle Rittenhouses all over the country.

Yes he is and so are  other Trump surrogates like Giuliani

But I dont expect any real violence outside the normal and Trump, if he loses, is just delaying the inevitable 

As GD said, its  a pity Trump cant walk away with dignity. He had a good run and did some good things but we must all respect the will of the people in a Democracy 🏛️

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

dignity was never his strong attribute tho

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

6 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

uRlGCWA.png

Actually Putin supports Trump and always has  in a strategic way , Mother Russia is desperate for the US and EU  sanctions, prudently and correctly implemented , to be dropped. The sanctions of course wont be dropped until Russia gives the Crimea back to Ukraine 

Thats primarily why Russia interfered in the 2016 election, they dont want to destroy the USA ....they wanted Trump to help them restore there weak economy 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela