Is there a way to get rid of enemy buffs if you don't have a Wizard?

ranger tranquilizer shot is probably even better than what a wizard can do, because it takes 30 seconds off (better than temporary arcane suppression most of the time), only targets deflection (arcane suppression targeting will can be annoying because casters tend to have good will defense), and you can spam it since it's only 1 bond (helpful when the enemy just keeps trying to rebuff themselves). it also interrupts.

priests have some small effects - cleansing flame takes off -5, and magran's might takes off -2 per projectile (but gets both beneficial effects and also hostile effects e.g. the ones you debuffed the enemy). magran's might also interrupts per hit, so it can be a great way to shut down casters. however, unlike arcane suppression, cleanse, or tranq shot, these are targeted spells, so are pretty much useless against arcane reflection - they'll just bounce back at you :(

street sweeper is a quarterstaff that by default -5 beneficial, -5 hostile and can be upgraded to instead do one of -10 beneficial or -10 hostile. somtimes i don't even upgrade it because being able to take away both is sometimes useful to cleanse enemies but also save my allies from nasty debuffs (charm/dominate, disintegrate, cleansing flame, etc.)

edit: i forgot that call of rymrgand also cleanses, and is better than magran's might at this. it's -5 beneficial effects per pulse.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, thelee said:

ranger tranquilizer shot is probably even better than what a wizard can do, because it takes 30 seconds off (better than temporary arcane suppression most of the time), only targets will, and you can spam it since it's only 1 bond (helpful when the enemy just keeps trying to rebuff themselves). it also interrupts.

priests have some small effects - cleansing flame takes off -5, and magran's might takes off -2 per projectile (but gets both beneficial effects and also hostile effects e.g. the ones you debuffed the enemy)

street sweeper is a quarterstaff that by default -5 beneficial, -5 hostile and can be upgraded to instead do one of -10 beneficial or -10 hostile. somtimes i don't even upgrade it because being able to take away both is sometimes useful to cleanse enemies but also save my allies from nasty debuffs (charm/dominate, disintegrate, cleansing flame, etc.)

Awesome; Ranger multi-class is almost always a member of my parties, so I shouldn't need to do anything differently. The funny thing is I've always focused on DPS level-ups, so I don't think I even read the description of Tranquilizer Shot! ;)

Concussive Tranquilizer with Watershaper's Focus and Driving Flight used to remove beneficial effects with the Blast AoE as well - which triggered thrice and thus removed 90 secs from most enemies in the AoE (those who got hit thrice of course). Don't know if that's still the case but might be worth checking. 

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

55 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Concussive Tranquilizer with Watershaper's Focus and Driving Flight used to remove beneficial effects with the Blast AoE as well - which triggered thrice and thus removed 90 secs from most enemies in the AoE (those who got hit thrice of course). Don't know if that's still the case but might be worth checking. 

"Water Karcher" attack is better than a mere Broom.

• Haha 3

I just checked in game: rod's Blast still works with Concussive Tranquilizer, making Watershaper's Focus + Driving Flight the perfect tool for removing buffs from whole clusters of enemies. Fire in the Hole: same.

Tested against a flock of 20 Xaurip High Priests who ALL did cast Holy Power as their first official act after spawning. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I just checked in game: rod's Blast still works with Concussive Tranquilizer, making Watershaper's Focus + Driving Flight the perfect tool for removing buffs from whole cluster of enemies. Fire in the Hole: same.

Tested against a flock of 20 Xaurip High Priests who ALL did cast Holy Power as their first official act after spawning. :)

Awesome; thanks!

While you are here, Boeroer:

If you want to take Lightning Strikes instead of Swift Flurry as a 2H character for more of a consistent boss damage, would you not slot Heartbeat Drumming? Or hedge your bets and take it even if just for the 25 percent?

18 minutes ago, Lampros said:

If you want to take Lightning Strikes instead of Swift Flurry as a 2H character for more of a consistent boss damage, would you not slot Heartbeat Drumming? Or hedge your bets and take it even if just for the 25 percent?

While I will only pick Swift FLurry for very special builds I will nearly always take Heartbeat Drumming (I mean as long as I'm playing a melee Monk - else it doesn't make sense) - because even if the chance is not very high it's still good for a passive. Works well enough against low defense foes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boeroer said:

While I will only pick Swift FLurry for very special builds I will nearly always take Heartbeat Drumming (I mean as long as I'm playing a melee Monk - else it doesn't make sense) - because even if the chance is not very high it's still good for a passive. Works well enough against low defense foes. 

Got it. So you wouldn't suggest Swift Flurry for every 2H melee build? So, for instance, while Karaboru works better with Swift Flurry, then Sanguine Great Sword could work with Lightning Strikes? I am thinking of re-specing my Brawler since in another thread you say Lightning Strikes is better for bosses or harder mobs.

Yes, Lightning Strikes is better against tough foes on PotD. If you don't crit a lot Swift Flurry does almost nothing - while Lightning Strikes always delivers a 15% multiplicative dmg increase (unless you miss or enemies are immune/very resistant to shock).

Of course Swift Flurry is more spectacular once it chains.

If you have a build that's focused on crits (lots of ACC and crit conversion, maybe also lowering defenses with the help of party members) I would pick Swift Flurry. Else Lightning Strikes.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, Lightning Strikes is better against tough foes on PotD. If you don't crit a lot Swift Flurry does almost nothing - while Lightning Strikes always delivers a 15% multiplicative dmg increase (unless you miss or enemies are immune/very resistant to shock).

Of course Swift Flurry is more spectacular once it chains.

If you have a build that's focused on crits (lots of ACC and crit conversion, maybe also lowering defenses with the help of party members) I would pick Swift Flurry. Else Lightning Strikes.  

I do have a crit build of sorts; the Brawler has been averaging a pretty crazy 67 percent crit up to level 14. And the Ring of Prosperity is only charged at 6 percent crit, and I am still missing some gear. Would he be able to consistently crit the tougher bosses and mega-bosses though?

Depends on the boss. Stuff like Beast of Winter can be critically hit rel. easily. Others like Dorudugan and Belranga not so much. Even random stuff like guards in Drowned Barrows won't receive crits a lot. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Depends on the boss. Stuff like Beast of Winter can be critically hit rel. easily. Others like Dorudugan and Belranga not so much. Even random stuff like guards in Drowned Barrows won't receive crits a lot. 

Damn, the choice is hard ;(

When boasting high Accuracy/Crit conversion, I greatly prefer Swift Flurry. Even if its not great ALWAYS, the fact that you can annihilate many enemies in fraction of the time I'd normally take you - and move to engage another - cannot be overstated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Haplok said:

When boasting high Accuracy/Crit conversion, I greatly prefer Swift Flurry. Even if its not great ALWAYS, the fact that you can annihilate many enemies in fraction of the time I'd normally take you - and move to engage another - cannot be overstated.

I agree with all that, but I want to be able to kill mega-bosses ultimately. And which will help me more for them? Or will neither factor in much? ;)