I would like to make a build of Elric of Melnibone from Michael Moor****'s books for RP and PoTD upscaled solo with Berath Blessings (not neccesary Megabosses). It will be nice if you can share your thoughts to make a fun build. I would appreciate if you would detail everything about the race, stats, equipment, skills, abilities, etc.

You can see some information about him at this link:

https://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/fictions/5337-character-profile-elric-of-melnibone

As you can see, he has a lot of powers that fits differents classes and is difficult to make a build around him.

My first thought was a Devoted/Soulblade with Sanguine Greatsword/Voidwheel/WotEP, high Alchemy using drugs and the Cipher Powers.

Race: Pale Elf (you can customize the look very similar with white skin and hair and red eyes and sickly)

Stats(with BB):

18/9/18/18/18/9   /   18/6/18/21/18/9   /   20/5/20/20/20/5

Devoted + Cipher = +3 Penetration, so you can reach: 12(Mythic) + 3(Devoted/Cipher) + 2(Potion/food) + 1(Flanked) + 2(Body Attunement) + 1(Blackened Plate Armor) = 21 Armor Penetration.

I would like to make him as fast as possible (more fun) with Mob Stance, Armored Grace, Pet, Equipment and Consumables.

He also have a very powerful ring, but I don't think there is any that powerful.

Thanks for your suggestions!

49 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

You can't play an Elric of Menilbone that cannot summon stuff. He literally wins half of his battle this way.
Non-Psion melee Cipher is mandatory though.

Which class? The only one that maybe fits is Priest with Incarnate Skill, but is a level 9 spell. Maybe the summons of a Chanter, but the problem is that I'm not seeing him chanting. Figurines could be a posibility, but they are not very strong.

Edited by Tetsu

17 minutes ago, Tetsu said:

Wich class? The only one that maybe fits it Priest with Incarnate Skill, but is level 9 spell.

Druid maybe ? It sounds weird but he actually summons elementals pretty often. I think he even summons a swarm of sort of divine insects vs lizardmen at some point, if I remember well. I guess you have to Roleplay it a bit.
Maybe it's unperfect but in the books, he isn't just a guy with a blade (and he doesn't have cipher power, even if from a game perspective, it makes sense).

It could be a posibility, but SC druid or multiclass with other class?

If you see the link, you can see some of his powers are similar to the cipher powers.

Another posibility could be SC Priest of Berath. You can summon a Greatsword and use the Incarnate skill. Also he has "immortality (Type 1)" (Barring Death's Door), he can resurrect (Resurrection, not needed because Solo), there are some elemental spells... etc.

Or maybe Priest of Berath/Druid.

The problem is that thanks of the drugs and his sword he has: "Superhuman strength, speed, agility, durability, and endurance, immortality (Type 1), resistance to various poisons and diseases". The abilities of Priest and/or Druid are not focused on that.

Also, I would like to make a build for PotD upscaled solo (not megabosses).

47 minutes ago, Tetsu said:

For the information, I'm using Community Patch and Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod.

Mwahahahaha
The later was made by someone using Elric as his Internet Avatar first name 😉

The main benefit for you is that the Summon Rebalance package makes every Summoning spell viable.
I won't recommand Blight as summons in general, but with BPM, they are OK.
Low level Chanter summons are okay as well.
Even spiritual ally is Okay with it (it is still a good punching ball without it though).

Edited by Elric Galad

3 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Mwahahahaha
The later was made by someone using Elric as his Internet Avatar first name 😉

The main benefit for you is that the Summon Rebalance package makes every Summoning spell viable.
I won't recommand Blight as summons in general, but with BPM, they are OK.
Low level Chanter summons are okay as well.
Even spiritual ally is Okay with it (it is still a good punching ball without it though).

Hehehe is good to know it!! :)

You are doing a  really nice work with the mod, I'm enjoying it!

How good is Berath Incarnate spell with the mod? Do you think is powerful enough to compare with the Elric God summons?

Edited by Tetsu

19 minutes ago, Tetsu said:

Hehehe is good to know it!! :)

You are doing a  really nice work with the mod, I'm enjoying it!

How good is Berath Incarnate spell with the mod? Do you think is powerful enough to compare with the Elric God summons?

Berath Incarnate summons for 25s a level 20 fighter immune to pierce damages and a level 20 cleric with complete access to spells.
The mod :
- Reduced the duration (30sish due to PL penalty to 25s)
- Increase their equipement to legendary quality (which is paramount for a Fighter. What the point of a level 20 Fighter with a freaking normal sword)
- "Flattened" the PL penalty (last longer but value is far lower)

Basically second best Priest Summon and just below Eotas Trio and Chanter high level summons in term of Quality.

Not controlling your Summon is more Elricish I think.

Now that I'm thinking : Menilbonean have a strong tie with Dragons, so going Chanter Wurm/Drake/Dragon summons is another good option. Single Class Chanter may not fit, but Drake Summon is powerful enough (with BPM 🙂 )

Soft Winds of Death draining chant may fit Elric and is probably suited for Solo. Maybe completed by the Long Night, Ancient Memory or Skeleton Summon !
Skeleton Summon + Winds of Death may not require long range, so they may fit a Bellower. Longer Summons is good !

Edited by Elric Galad

I've tried a SC Priest of Berath level 20 with console command and if you don't use level 8/9 AOE Spells, he can't kill 4-5 cre_tigers with just using Voidwheel/Sanguine/Berath Greatsword (with max disposition) and a Mythic Blakened Plate armor with all the priest buffs applied. Incarnate seems really disappointed including with all the priest buffs applied. So at the end he will be using all the time AoE damage spells like other SC Priests, instead of using a Greatsword and sometimes a spell.

You are right Kylon, I need a build not just similar to the Elric character, but also that could be able to do PotD upscaled solo.

Steel Garrote/Bloodmage with Whispers of the Endless Paths (use enchantment "Offensive Parry") can kill all the CRE_Tigers you can spawn easily. :)

I think the vibe of Steel Garrote/Bloodmage also fits. 

You can summon Concenhaut's Draining Touch and then an Essential Phantom in order to get a pretty great summon, too. Cast Miasma and Dazzling Lights and the Phantom will crit often with its Draining Touch, doing good dmg, weakening the enemy and healing itself.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For sure it will be easier to do PotD solo with Steel Garrote/Bloodmage, but I don't like the combination with Bloodmage because the class doesn't have something to increase the effectivity of a Two-Hander build, is better to just spamming spells instead of using the sword. I think it will be better a melee class. As you can see in the link, he has supernatural strengh and speed and he also sometimes use a powerful spell, but not as a caster.

That's the reason  because I though a combination of Soulblade (heavy hit raw damage and + 20% Raw Damage with Bitting Whip) and he can cast Cipher spells sometimes, like Recall Agony, Disintegration, Fractured Volition (Enfeebled with the mod, so +50% duration of debuffs and DoTs)... etc. Devoted is to increase his speed (Mob Stance + engagements+Armored Grace) , accuracy, damage and the most important: a way to survive with healing and better defenses.

I prefer a build using Voidwheel hitting like a truck and at a very fast speed instead of WotEP and Offensive Parry.

Maybe Steel Garrote/Soulblade or Bleackwalker/Soulblade could be nice too (more armor, maybe better healing but lower damage/dps and lower attack speed)

The hardest hit could be Trickster or Streetfighter/Soulblade, but the combination lacks of attack speed and a way to survive solo. In my experience is better to stack armor and healing instead of deflection.

But Elric is right, there are no summons with this build 😕

Edited by Tetsu

If you truly want to role play, you can't dump Resolve.  Some fantasy heroes are strong, some not; some are quick, some not; some are smart, some not so much; but every one of them has resolve through the roof.

Elric did travel with Moonglum, though, so you could always do a 2 character run instead of solo.

Edited by VaxMini

I like the idea of Elric as a Paladin/soulblade. And Moonglum, as a rogue multiclass (swashbuckler or shadow dancer maybe?) would be a great companion. If you have a companion, you'll have more freedom with the Elric build, since you won't need to feel constrained to follow one of the proven solo builds.

I honestly think that Wizard/Cipher with Whispers of the Endless Paths is a very accurate representation of Elric. The website you pointed out is Elric as the apotheosis of the Eternal Champion. He starts out much much weaker and it takes him a lot of time and souls for him to grow into that.

In the book series (and also the roleplaying game) he spends a lot of his time having to plan his spells and conduct rituals with more powerful deities to actually wield magic. The same goes for his enemies like Theleb,  Yyrkoon, and Jagreen. They all spend time casting rituals and researching spells to try and thwart Elric. Magic doesn't come easy and many are the pacts with fallen or lost beings that are made to learn and manipulate magic within the Young Kingdoms. Cipher is a perfect class mechanic to demonstrate Mournblade's powers that Elric has at his disposal including the feeding of his opponents' souls to grow his own capabilities. You won't internally have his ability to summon creatures like he does in the books, but you can supplement this with the figurine summons. It actually works better this way as summoning a creature in the Young Kingdoms requires a pact with that creature and those are not made lightly or frequently!

I'm pretty sure that Wizard is fairly soloable on POTD and so linking it with Cipher shouldn't cause too much headaches for your run.

Dejnov.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions! :)

I think both ideas could be really good for a RP build and also be able to complete the game in PotD. I'll try them both later.

For now, I've just created a build following the idea of Kaylon as a Steel Garrote/Bloodmage and I think is really good.

I've also made a custom portrait of him :)

If you want to make a run with Elric I can share with you guys the portrait.