Second update in Robes of the Weyc problem

Hello every body,

i have a problem with the second update, and im not sure if its a bug or not, the problem is no matter what i do, my sorcerer never dodge a hit, i mean, the second update says "Be Missed by Enemies 25 times", and no matter how many battles i do this counter is always 0, i try to wear shield, rise my deflectiion stats or perception or resolve, but i never be able to dodge 1 hit, i have try a tons of battles, but nothing works, always 0.

What im doing wrong? can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance ^^

silly question but... are you actually putting your sorcerer in a position where they can actually avoid being hit by something? if you just sit back all the time wher enemies can't get to them, then they're never going to have attacks miss on them.

it's not just deflection either. any attack roll that misses will count towards it, such as aoe attacks and such.

Are you playing Turn Based mode? The miss range is significantly lower than in Real Time with Pause. Maybe that's the problem.  

In RtwP you can get missed reliably if you take your wizard and let him fight against any enemy who can't engage (often beasts). Once the enemy wants to hit you you just step out of range. This will result in a miss (out of range). I don't know if this is somehow possible in TB mode - I guess not. 

Another way woul be to enchant Edérs armor so that it makes you immune to reflex attacks (until something else will hit you). Then cast some reflex-based spells on the wizard which will all miss automatically. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

6 hours ago, thelee said:

silly question but... are you actually putting your sorcerer in a position where they can actually avoid being hit by something? if you just sit back all the time wher enemies can't get to them, then they're never going to have attacks miss on them.

it's not just deflection either. any attack roll that misses will count towards it, such as aoe attacks and such.

Yes, i put her in first atack line, with shield and no range weapon

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Are you playing Turn Based mode? The miss range is significantly lower than in Real Time with Pause. Maybe that's the problem.  

In RtwP you can get missed reliably if you take your wizard and let him fight against any enemy who can't engage (often beasts). Once the enemy wants to hit you you just step out of range. This will result in a miss (out of range). I don't know if this is somehow possible in TB mode - I guess not. 

Another way woul be to enchant Edérs armor so that it makes you immune to reflex attacks (until something else will hit you). Then cast some reflex-based spells on the wizard which will all miss automatically. 

No, im playing real time mode.

I leave her fighting for a while getting hits, meanwhile with healers i keep her alive, i repeat it a lot of times in ship battles or arenas battles, diferent adversaries levels, i cant believe never 1 hit missed? so i think have to be a bug, i have tried to unlink the soul to the armor too, but the same problem happens.

Thanks a lot for the answers, you are great, but im afraid its a bug and i cant update this armor.

Never heard about this. Did you try what I suggested? Like with the out-of-range attacks? That way you can upgrade the robe in one single fight. Then you could be 100% sure if there's an error or if you just had incredible bad luck. 

Absolutely try what boeroer suggests before declaring it a bug.

if that doesn’t work, it might be similar to a marux amanth soul bound bug. But try boeroer’s suggestion first before I tell you how to deal with that one.

I have made what boeroer says, but nothing, I have tried cut the link and try the armor in another character and the same, I have fight versus Beasts, battle ships, use buffs and debuffs, no way, nothing works, never dodge a hit.

The first time I update this armor was so easy, now I wanted to try in another character so I had to restart the updates, and begin this problem. 

Never mind, I really love this game... 

I appreciate your help ;)

OK, I don't know how, but maybe the problem its mine, because Im trying the same with Wintertide Bulwark, so I cut the link and wear in another character, the first and second update perfect, no problem, but the third is enemies have to miss 500 times (the same than the armor we were talking about) and never dodge a hit... There is no way two similar bugs in different weapon/armor, so the problem is what I'm going, but I Dont understand how the first time I update both I had no problems, was easy, maybe the problem is restart the updates? 

2 hours ago, Galdric Puig said:

never dodge a hit.

wait what?

maybe there's a language issue. but can you actually see in the combat log: someone attacking your character with weyc's robe on, and that someone misses? that is the necessary precondition to register something for unlocking weyc's robe. please absolutely verify this, because i'm not sure we're on the same page here.

when i had an issue with marux amanth not counting fire damage, what I had to do:

1. sever soul link

2. un equip it.

3. save the game.

4. *COMPLETELY EXIT THE GAME*

5. load the game from #3.

6. re-bind it.

7. re-equip it.

step #4 is important because simply reloading a game without exiting doesn't always clear everything from in-game memory, so if there's a bug going on, that bug will persist.

1 hour ago, thelee said:

wait what?

maybe there's a language issue. but can you actually see in the combat log: someone attacking your character with weyc's robe on, and that someone misses? that is the necessary precondition to register something for unlocking weyc's robe. please absolutely verify this, because i'm not sure we're on the same page here.

when i had an issue with marux amanth not counting fire damage, what I had to do:

1. sever soul link

2. un equip it.

3. save the game.

4. *COMPLETELY EXIT THE GAME*

5. load the game from #3.

6. re-bind it.

7. re-equip it.

step #4 is important because simply reloading a game without exiting doesn't always clear everything from in-game memory, so if there's a bug going on, that bug will persist.si

Sorry for my inglish, when I said never dodge a hit I mean that counter never rise in the robes update, I think my character would dodge any hit, but no count.  Ill do what you said to check if I really dodge a hit in combat log, and before to start the update, first of all I'll restart the game before to try anything, maybe it works for me. 

Thanks, when I be able to check I'll back 😊

• 2 weeks later...

[open console]
iroll20s [hit enter]
[reopen console]
levelUpSoulbind <character name, if player char just type 'play' and hit tab> LAX03_Robe_Armor_Soulbound_Robes_Of_The_Weyc [hit enter]
[reopen console]
iroll20s [hit enter]

That will do it. It will deactivate further gatherings of "Berath Blessings" points though because that savegame will be marked as cheated. Edited by Boeroer

• 6 months later...

I also ran into this bug. I tried the suggestion from @thelee earlier, but without success. So I can easily upgrade the Robes of the Weyc through the early stages: 1. Bind Soul. 2. Inspect the Horn (IIRC, Done), 3. Empower 5 abilities.

All those work, but "Be missed by enemies 25 times" the counter never increases, although I am clearly missed many many times according to the combat log (many entries "<enemy> misses <character>". (Large shield and deflection buffs.). At the end of the encounter, sill 0/25 times being missed.

I play on Xbox, so no console or cheating. 😕

Any other suggestions I could try? I bound the robes to a multi-class character (Mindstalker == Rogue / Cipher, bound to cipher).

Thanks.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:21 AM, Spoxta said:

I play on Xbox, so no console or cheating. 😕

Damn - I was about to post the console command. :)

Maybe try to get missed by stuff that doesn't target deflection. E.g. get missed by Powder Burns (Reflex) or Keeper of the Flames' AoE?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 2:55 AM, Boeroer said:

Maybe try to get missed by stuf tht doesn't target deflection. E.g. get missed by Powder Burn (Reflex) or Keeper of the Flames' AoE?

Good idea, will try that....

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 2:55 AM, Boeroer said:

Maybe try to get missed by stuff that doesn't target deflection. E.g. get missed by Powder Burns (Reflex) or Keeper of the Flames' AoE?

Ok, I learned that console works on consoles and I could succesfully upgrade the robes with your command. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance some kind soul figured out a fix an d never posted it. I'm having the same issue and have tried the ideas already posted. 

Except the saints war armor idea lol. I wouldn't be wearing the robes if I were wearing the armor. 

What specifically did others do to unlock it? Maybe something I'm doing is messing with it. This game is full of obscure nonsense after all. Does your guy blocking an attack with a shield count as a miss for unlocking this thing? 

Edited by Chagdoo