[5.0 class build] "Disruptor" - theurge (skald/animist)

Do you know whether the attribute bonuses from Nature's Bounty stack with Inspirations? I guess not but figured I'd ask.

Also, the description for Nature's Bounty says the potion also heals but the wiki doesn't list any healing properties; don't have the game handy right now. Does it, in fact, heal?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

58 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Do you know whether the attribute bonuses from Nature's Bounty stack with Inspirations? I guess not but figured I'd ask.

Also, the description for Nature's Bounty says the potion also heals but the wiki doesn't list any healing properties; don't have the game handy right now. Does it, in fact, heal?

hm, on the one hand i checked might out of curiosity a while back and they don't stack.

on the other hand, in my huauni video i posted i have 30 perception, and i actually can't figure out how i get there unless the +2 does stack (21 + 1outcast + 1galawain + 5intuitive + 2...?)

i'm unable to test for a while, so the specifics are a mystery right now

the potion heals a base of +20 health, on top of +20% action speed and +2 might/perception. the non-healing effects last for 20s base. all of the duration and the healing amount scales with alchemy skill. the healing is a nice bonus, but it's really mostly about the action speed IMO.

Edited by thelee
  • Thanks 1

It heals for 20 base.

edit: that was close. :)

By the way: you can cast Nature's Bounty with Spellshaping, giving it +1 PL. I don't know if that does anything though. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I’ll try it out next time I pick up my Monk playthrough, since I’m carrying Fish Boy around with him.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

alright, i managed to squeeze in some time for a quick test to see what was happening.

nature's bounty's stat bonuses don't stack.

it's just an odd side effect of least unstable coil. the inspirations it grants come from an item and so i guessed are flagged as being "passive" and therefore stack with anything else. so against hauani o whe, the intuitive i had there stacked with nature's bounty +2 perception (getting me to 30). (the same would've been true for nature's bounty +2 might or devotions for the faithful +4 might vs least unstable coil's energized inspiration). however, if i had just used mien of death's herald for an intuitive bonus, it would not have stacked with perception bonus (and only gets me to 28) (and if i had just cast the energized invocation, it would not stack with devotions +4 or nature's bounty +2 might)

Edited by thelee
  • Thanks 2

hey, i wonder if this inspiration-counts-as-passive rule also works with tactician brilliant [since it seems like a passive class feature] or shroud of the phantasm brilliant [since it comes from an item]? i just assumed they didn't stack with intellect bonuses, but either might be a way to combine with duality of mortal presence to get +15 intellect (in addition to least unstable coil-generated brilliant).

i'm sure there are other possible ramifications of the least unstable coil stacking interaction, this was one i just thought of while getting my exercise in

Edited by thelee

9 minutes ago, thelee said:

hey, i wonder if this inspiration-counts-as-passive rule also works with tactician brilliant [since it seems like a passive class feature] or shroud of the phantasm brilliant [since it comes from an item]? i just assumed they didn't stack with intellect bonuses, but either might be a way to combine with duality of mortal presence to get +15 intellect (in addition to least unstable coil-generated brilliant).

i'm sure there are other possible ramifications of the least unstable coil stacking interaction, this was one i just thought of while getting my exercise in

I tested  whispers of the depths ring (chance to Acute inspiration on kill) on monk and it stacks with duality. Fair trial (random inspiration) from  magistrate cudgel stacks too (if you get Smart). No clue about tactician brilliant but I suspect it should stack too.

• Thanks 2

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

this might actually explain some odd behavior i saw with the theurge - if i empowered+least usntable coil and got energized, i could also then use the invocation to get energized again. typically the game simply overrides one or the other depending on which it decides is more powerful (or has a longer duration). but instead i had two energized's active. i would do this proactively because the least unstable coil inspiration duration might not be very long but the invocation might easily be >1 minute, so i'd make sure i'd have 100% uptime. [note: this did not work for inspirations of different strength. if i had acute active and i got brilliant from least unstable coil, it would override the acute]

in hindsight, i wonder if this means i was actually double-stacking energized through this odd quirk? i never checked my stats to verify and frankly PEN was never an issue between raw damage from venombloom and just one energized +2 PEN plus the shield cracks for everything else, so if i got an additional +2 PEN i certainly didn't notice.

i also had odd cases where i had energized but i was no longer interrupting enemies on a crit. re-using the invocation would fix it. i wonder when the least unstable coil energized was wearing off, the odd stacking here was occasionally screwing something up with the secondary effects of energized (adding to matters is that repeated ticks of venombloom might grant me further refreshes of energized and who knows how all that interacts with everything above).

if there's ever a pillars 3, they might want to take a closer look at the stacking system again... the current system sounds simple on paper but can be extremely surprising or unintuitive in the details (i'm a big fan of pathfinder 2e's appraoch which is like D&D's named categories, except it's mostly limited to a narrow set of explicitly spelled out categories)

Edited by thelee
  • Thanks 1