This is just a collection of ideas and thoughts ive had about the game since playing it. I will break everything up into groups to better clarify my ideas. Please if you have any thoughts on these ideas or additions let me know. Thank you.

Base Building

Base Building is an important part of the game and i think the variety is lacking. It doesnt seem fully flushed out which is fine considering the development phase of the game and i have no problem with that these are just my ideas and im sure some of this is probably already in the works.

Pebblet

• Walls
  • Roofs
  • Triangle Pieces
  • Palisades
  • Stairs
  • Doors
  • Windows

Clay

• Walls
  • Roofs
  • Triangle Pieces
  • Palisades
  • Stairs
  • Doors
  • Windows

Wood

(A New material maybe gathered by chopping branches or saplings. This could be processed by a new workbench like a saw table which could require parts from a new enemy. (maybe the blades of a praying mantis. Alternatively maybe we make a saw from those blades to cut down wood from a resource.))

• Walls
  • Roofs
  • Triangle Pieces
  • Palisades
  • Stairs
  • Floors
  • Doors
  • Windows

Crafting

Decorations

• Weapons Rack (Like the clay Dummy but for Weapons)
  • Couch
  • Alternative Light Sources (Something that may specifically attach to fences)
  • Tools Rack (Like the clay Dummy but for Tools)

Meal Prep

• Water Filter (Could be connected to a larger water source and then must be connected to a sink to provide a more permanent water source)
  • Sink (^)
  • Refrigerator (To store cooked foods to add more value to foods cooked on fire instead of everyone just using jerky and acorn bits) (Could be a cool way to introduce a resource like ice the fridge may require a new piece every few days and thus keep the player more active in the daily activities of the game)
  • Stove (Allow the player to use other parts of the bugs in recipes thatd provide other buffs than just food some may hydrate, damage buffs, temporary health buffs, etc)(Would open up a whole cooking storyline and different recipes and they could be stored in a fridge)
  • Cook Book (This would reveal new recipes as players discovered them and can use as a reference for cooking)

Utilities

• Sap catcher should be able to hold more than one sap
  • Saw Table (Previous Reference Wood) (Could also be used to break apart bug parts that may have other uses once broken down)
  • Catapult (It would be cool to fling myself across the map and use my glider to float down to safety)(Death if not deployed lol)
  • Campfire (This is more than a light source...Id suggest the ability to put materials in it thatd have different effects. Maybe use lily wax as a natural bug repellent for like 10 feet or something, or put in bug parts as a natural bug lure and the different part could lure different bugs) (This could add variety to fighting and players activity during the night)
  • Wood Pallet (To store previously referenced new material)
  • Clay Pit (To store large amounts of clay in instead of needing to use chests)
  • Pebble Quarry (Store all your pebbles in)
  •  Juice Collector (Similar to the Sap collector but punctured into the Juice Box for Juice)
  • Dye Station (Maybe add a new set of mobs or resources that can be turned into dye that could be used on buildings or armor)
  • Kiln/Furnace (Could be used with clay to make specific items giving more purpose to clay)(Could also be used with sand)

Armor/Weapons/Gear

(Some of the gear in the game isnt fully flushed out itd be cool to maybe make complete sets of armors like the Aphid, Weevil, Mite and Bird Feathers Personally i think there should be gear for every mob in the game) Genuinely i think the idea of having a special ability maybe even if its just associated to certain armors from certain bugs would be a cool idea for the game. 

Some Ideas

• Night Vision Goggles
  • Higher Tier versions of the same Armor Like Ant armor LVL 3 that give 10 carry capacity
  • More specific abilities or buffs granted with each armor set when worn in full (Example each ant armor grants plus 1 carry capacity but when worn in full its plus 5 totaling 10 carry capacity) (Or if there was Gnat armor maybe it gives you small wings for a light double jump) (Bee Armor could have a damage enemies on hit effect when attacked)
  • More fully body Armor
  • Armor Dyeing
  • Character Clothing (This could be through a cosmetic store through micro transactions i wouldnt care itd be cool to stand out)
  • Food Pouch (Could be used to hold food instead of taking up inventory space like a canteen)
  • Bigger Backpacks (Craft able, Swappable, Customizable) (I wanna put the team on my back)
  • Stackable Throwing Weapons (Small Knives, Shuriken, Axes, Spears) (Specifically Disposable throwing weapons as disposable as an arrow)
  • Throws weapons should have more of an effect maybe my spear when thrown causes the bug to be stuck for a bit if its against a wall
  • Fire Arrows
  • Binoculars
  • New types of gliders (Maybe one made from berry Leather or a bugs wings)

New Bugs

• Praying Mantis
  • Firefly (Armor lets you be your own light source in and out of water)
  • Bees
  • Pill Bugs
  • Beetles
  • Water Striders (Make Armor that lets you stride on the water)
  • Horse/Green/House Flys
  • Crickets (Can jump really high)
  • Mosquitoes (Vampiric effect with armor on)
  • Butterfly's
  • Dragon Flies
  • Black Ants (They could be used for World events with the red ants and go to war with each other) (could also be used for a seperate armor set of black ant armor and red ant armor maybe even a combo so players can stay neutral)
  • Wasps (Very Scary)
  • Queen Bee (Bee Hives baby, Honey, Honey Comb, Honey Nut Cheerios)
  • Scorpions (Credit: Dgrim)
  • Caterpillars (Credit: Dgrim)
  • Centipedes (Credit: Dgrim)

New Animals

(Alot of these may be more worth while in world event type situations)

• Squirrel
  • Owl (At Night)
  • Dog and a Dog house
  • Skunk
  • Fox
  • Stray Cat
  • Snakes

Pets and Taming

(Using Spider Web to capture Bugs and Tame them)

• Aphids (Could find me Nectar or aphid Honeydew)
  • Weevil (Could Smell out danger)
  • Gnat (Could help find resources)
  • Ant (Could Carry stuff)
  • Soldier Ant (Fight or Move Fast as a mount)
  • Lady bug (Carry Stuff and good protection moves slow)

World Events

• Sprinklers (Flooding)
  • Neighbor Kids throw a ball into the yard
  • Lawnmower (Cuts some grass very Dangerous)
  • Bug Raids (The bugs get aggravated in the yard and very hostile)
  • Weather (Seasons and maybe the weather is reflected)
  • Dog Playing in the Yard 9Might keep a certain area off limits or if your brave enough to go you can get a specific item only during that time)

Resources

• Sand (Could be used to make glass maybe to stop gnats or other bugs that fly from getting in your windows)
  • Ice (This could be used in the fridge "Previous Reference") (this could probably be implemented through a split cooler in the backyard may require a special armor to hold off the cold weather maybe a mite fuzz armor...fuzzy armor)

DLC/Purchasable Content

• Different Characters/Kids to play as
  • Different skins or outfits to wear as those characters
  • Different Scab or backpack styles

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any ideas or differing opinions about what ive mentioned and why i appreciate hearing from you all thank you.

Edited by AV1AT0R
Update
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love the ideas and would love to see then in the game with the addition to the bugs list of, scorpions, centipedes, catapillars that can be tamed and then turn into butter flies or moths that can then be used a flying mounts ( but beware of birds) millipedes.

Also backpack has to be changed so that worn armor and weapons are not also occupying backpack space! Having worn armor and weapons take up backpack space  was a awful idea to begin with and needs to be corrected. This will be my main source of contention with this game and will be pointed as with ridicule in all my reviews of grounded.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dgrim said:

I love the ideas and would love to see then in the game with the addition to the bugs list of, scorpions, centipedes, catapillars that can be tamed and then turn into butter flies or moths that can then be used a flying mounts ( but beware of birds) millipedes.

Also backpack has to be changed so that worn armor and weapons are not also occupying backpack space! Having worn armor and weapons take up backpack space  was a awful idea to begin with and needs to be corrected. This will be my main source of contention with this game and will be pointed as with ridicule in all my reviews of grounded.

From what i know they are working on the backpack change to not take up inventory slots.

• Like 1

Right now, there is little to no incentive to eat meat. You can build a bunch of mushroom farms and call it a day. I think an aphid corral should be added in to have a sustainable source of meat. In order to get a live aphid in your inventory you'd have to construct some sort of trap or maybe you could add in tranq arrows. Once you have a live aphid in your inventory you can deposit it into the corral. If there are 2 or more aphids in the pen there is a small chance for them to reproduce over night. The player will then be able to grab aphids out of the pen and cook them whenever they please. Adding an aphid pen will incentivize players to build traps and hunt down aphids more.

i mean you get more food out of meat but animal farming seems a bit much id like maybe to be able to attact smaller bugs like aphids and weevils to be able to get more bang for the buck that and stacking them would be more helpful instead of me having to use up most of my inventory on collecting a few aphids at a time

• Like 1

Would love some special quests like a Mantis popped up in the yard. go take care of it. Maybe not something that is always there. just a special quest target to get some fun loot for special gear? Mantas claw swords or something? Carapace that helps make you a little harder to see? then we dont need to have the yard bogged down with beasties. just 1-5 at a time kinda jam.

16 hours ago, BunderTurb said:

Right now, there is little to no incentive to eat meat. You can build a bunch of mushroom farms and call it a day. I think an aphid corral should be added in to have a sustainable source of meat. In order to get a live aphid in your inventory you'd have to construct some sort of trap or maybe you could add in tranq arrows. Once you have a live aphid in your inventory you can deposit it into the corral. If there are 2 or more aphids in the pen there is a small chance for them to reproduce over night. The player will then be able to grab aphids out of the pen and cook them whenever they please. Adding an aphid pen will incentivize players to build traps and hunt down aphids more.

Maybe like a little chicken coop? use the grass planks or something to make it? Would be neat to get the dew or even the aphid. Though they tend to collect on blades of grass as they also do in the game, so maybe just a simple little fence around a blade of grass haha.

I disagree with the mushroom bit though. I prefer the aphid jerky. the food gain trade for water feels fine. I have little issues obtaining water and aphids for sustenance. 

6 hours ago, AsherofStorms said:

Would love some special quests like a Mantis popped up in the yard. go take care of it. Maybe not something that is always there. just a special quest target to get some fun loot for special gear? Mantas claw swords or something? Carapace that helps make you a little harder to see? then we dont need to have the yard bogged down with beasties. just 1-5 at a time kinda jam.

Remember most of the map isn't finished and with new areas they can put specific new bugs in those areas. Also as they update areas they can move around creatures and switch positions etc it's not set in stone I know the developers talked about schedules the bugs are on and adding weather and changinging things up at times of day. All those factors could dynamically influence what bugs are where and when they are there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AsherofStorms said:

Maybe like a little chicken coop? use the grass planks or something to make it? Would be neat to get the dew or even the aphid. Though they tend to collect on blades of grass as they also do in the game, so maybe just a simple little fence around a blade of grass haha.

I disagree with the mushroom bit though. I prefer the aphid jerky. the food gain trade for water feels fine. I have little issues obtaining water and aphids for sustenance. 

If you look at the road map aphids as pets are on the list so I think to some extent animal taming is coming. The idea of animal farming I don't personally see the appeal in the game taming is another story I see those as two different mechanics. I think taming follows suite more with the atmosphere of the game it is survival not farming simulator lol

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 9:18 AM, AV1AT0R said:

Remember most of the map isn't finished and with new areas they can put specific new bugs in those areas. Also as they update areas they can move around creatures and switch positions etc it's not set in stone I know the developers talked about schedules the bugs are on and adding weather and changing things up at times of day. All those factors could dynamically influence what bugs are where and when they are there.

no I get that fully. I know they have a lot to pop in still. I do see that they may just have more than enough biomes that it isn't even necessary. with more of the yard, the front porch, inside the house, there are loads that can be done here. I do see that. I just like a good ol' fashioned boss monster

These are some good ideas; I'd like to add "leaf bits" as a building material (a new resource gathered by chopping hedge leaves (which would go directly to inventory, not all dropping at once after damaging it enough (as the whole point of this material would be to make building in the hedge zone more feasible)

Also, I think if they add more material options for walls, doors, stairs, and roofs, the building wheel should be revamped so that you select the type of structure you want to make (grass, weed stem, wood, clay, pebblet, leaf bit) and then you can use the R and G keys to cycle between materials while in blueprint mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there so I’ve been playing for a few weeks now and got to thinking about a few more places that would be cool ideas to explore. How about a whole area under the back porch. More on the scary side with daddy long legs, maybe some kinda of beetles and termites. Another area I thought might be fun is the picnic table I was kinda suprised they didn’t do much with it. Mostly though I just can’t wait to see more areas to explore. The pond was awesome! Thanks for all your great work. 

Hello

That's a very good topic here, and if you don't mind, I'd like to add somes ideas:

New ressources:
   Cricket/grasshopper leg
   Sand and glass

Base building:
   Columns and archs
   Glass (for windows)
   Paved road (2 pebblets + 2 pieces of clay)

Utilities:
   windmill (used to power some devices, like the spinning wheel, would need weed stem and clovers)
   spider web trap (a large piece of spider web, used to catch gnats, mosquitoes...)
   boat (weed stem (like...a lot) + clovers)
   sailboard (acorn shell + weed stem + clovers)
   ballista (a non-moving weapon, made with clay, cricket/grasshopper leg, rubber, ant parts, and the ammo would be a spear): very slow to maneuver, but very deadly.
   wheelbarrow (to move more than 8 stems/planks, would need stems and acorn top)
   cart (a chest you could move from one location to another, would need the chest components, plus 2 acorn top).
   bike (made with ant parts, acorn top, crude rope, it would allow you to move faster, but you couldn't carry stems/planks).

Gear/weapons:
   shield (acorn or ladybug part)
   feather armor (with the crow's feathers).
   grappling hook
   stilts (made with grasshopper/cricket legs, would allow you to jump higher, and take less damage from a fall).

Decoration
   bath/shower (acorn shells or pebblets)
   chandelier
   targets (if one wants to train with the bow and arrows).
It seems we can't use the chairs, one good upgrade would be to allow us to use them.

New events:
   Lens hour: there is a magnifying glass in the garden. Every day, at noon, if you deposit sand (max. 10 pieces of sand) at the right spot, it would transform it into glass.
   Weather event (rain, wind ...)

New food:
    acorn bread
    sandwiches (would need oven...)

Thank you for reading my post (please be indulgent, english is not my first language).
(If this message needs to be moved/deleted, I would understand. I think this could be a good idea to have one topic for all the suggestions).

Have a nice day/night everyone.

Edited by TinyMalemort
missclick, didn't finish this post
  • Like 1