Small "economy" balance changes

These are some small changes that would help farming resources that are quite annoying to farm.

- GRUB DROPS

Grubs drop too much goop and not enough grub hide. Why? the hide is needed to craft many items (Grub armor, mite hat, larva blade, canteen) butyou need only 7 grub goops to craft everything that requires it. Basically goop's "crafting value" is way lower than hide's one, in my opinion it is something to keep in mind when thinking about the items drop rate. In my experience a grub drops 1-3 goop and 1-2 hide. Farming enough hide to build a full grub armor takes time and makes your inventory full of goop that you are never going to use. The low drop rate of hide isn't even justified by the rarity of the items that requires it, in my opinion the drop rate should be raised and goop dropo rate lowered to 1 (unless you're going to add other items that require goop).

- ACORN DROPS

Same point as or the grubs: acorn top's "crafting value" is way lower than acorn shell, acorn should drop more shells.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gearhart said:

Grub goop is good for smoothies. That's probably why it's so common.

I mean, if you want to craft a "smoothie?" you don't hunt for grubs, you just get some plant fiber, sprigs and pebblet around your house.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:53 PM, Pellah said:

I mean, if you want to craft a "smoothie?" you don't hunt for grubs, you just get some plant fiber, sprigs and pebblet around your house.

I meant actual smoothies, not those abominations you get from throwing random crap together.

Only thing that needs goop is the smoothie station and the grub vest, the smoothies themselves dont require goop. So the droprate is a bit too high. I'd have the goop drop rate lowered in favor of the hide. Its the same with acorn shells and tops, where the drop ratio makes no sense. Or ladybugs that dont drop heads...

• Like 1