Politics 20/20 now with extra hindsight!

Gorth

1 minute ago, Guard Dog said:

Fair enough. There really has not been a shift though. If you break down this election along with the last five going back to the year 2000 the patterns are kind of similar. 2008 and 2012 might be exceptions but Obama was a particularly strong candidate. Otherwise were the candidates have been evenly matched what states and what counties voted what way appears quite predictable 

You're still confusing blue shift with blue wave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_shift_(politics)

• Thanks 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Looking right now Biden has won just over half the percentage of votes and leads by over 2.5 million. Both have at a few million more than they did in 2016 as well.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Why hasn't NC been updated in ages? Mail-in ballots?

Yes

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

17 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Apparently Wisconsin is reporting more votes in their results then we’re actually cast.

They have some grey logic behind how they mark mail in and early votes, which they are currently counting. Considering that all but two of their counties report 100% of votes counted and those two which have still votes uncounted have less than 10k votes uncounted, but they report that ~5% of total votes have not yet counted. 

image.thumb.png.8d28a703920f557312aed148b723c175.png

12 minutes ago, Achilles said:

image.thumb.png.2a47bf3444ee5dafba160cacf7188428.png

I do not think there would be such a stir now, if this lead would errode over time and as in case of these pictures, whenever one got some votes the other got some as well, you can see the jumps for both. 

What is a cause for a reaction is both the timing and the ratio of these sudden increases, which affected the balance in Biden's favor. 

You will really need to come up with some really good explanation for that (100k+ votes 100% in favor of one person counted in at around 5AM in the highly contested areas) , and I do not think you will be able to calm a lot of these people. 

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

This is gonna get ugly. If the president refuses to leave, who takes him out? The police? The military?

Some group that can scale the unscalable fence he had erected around the white house, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

This is gonna get ugly. If the president refuses to leave, who takes him out? The police? The military?

Well he'll have to go golfing some time.  Then they just change the locks.   But if he loses, his authority has an end date so.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Everyone just laughs at the silly jackass in plans a transition without him. Hell his own party won’t even support him then.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

Well he'll have to go golfing some time.  Then they just change the locks.   But if he loses, his authority has an end date so.

Trump loses, but refuses to concede. He steps down. President Pence concedes, then pardons Trump. President Biden is sworn in 1/20/21.

4 minutes ago, Malcador said:

• Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Trump loses, but refuses to concede. He steps down. President Pence concedes, then pardons Trump. President Biden is sworn in 1/20/21.

😆 not like there isn’t a precedent for that chain of events 

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

😆 not like there isn’t a precedent for that chain of events 

I'm assuming you're referring to Nixon?

1 minute ago, ComradeMaster said:

Interesting...

lol. Who's "they"?

If some network called WI for Trump, then it's on the internet somewhere. AP sure didn't do it.

6 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I'm assuming you're referring to Nixon?

Yes. Unless you can think of another president who resigned and left town with a pardon from his replacement

Thomas Sowell

In Milwaukee, they counted ~170k absentee of which ~138k for Biden.

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Regardless of who wins, the outcome will undoubtedly be contested. Good, let the chaos ensue and let it occupy the minds of prospective AMD Ryzen buyers for the next couple days. Y'all don't need to buy a processor tomorrow, the fate of the free world is at stake! Go out and protest or blog or whatever. :-

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks