Politics 20/20 now with extra hindsight!

Gorth

There is a scenario where neither candidate can get to 270. The race would be decided by the house of representatives. Oh wouldn’t that be something to see!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hells Bells but these elections are exciting and tumultuous...with all the mail votes coming in the political landscape is changing literally by the hour  

Far to early to call a winner 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

Oh wow what did I wake up to?  If Biden wins Michigan, Wisconsin and Nevada he wins by the slimmest margin possible.  And yes, that does increase Trump's chances of becoming unhinged and refusing to leave office..

Pennsylvania could also go to Biden, there are over 1 million votes still to count 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@ComradeMaster Which would probably lead to my previously alluded to Max Mad scenario. I expect GD to be among the survivors in 5-10 years time unless he runs out of ammo.

Edit: I have a feeling both Xi and Putin are broadcasting this live as part of an educational program, showing why democracy is bad for you.

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nah i do not think so, those do not seem to have that much of a controversy as the PA potentially has. 

Although I'm not an expert on election laws. 

Short of large amount of evidenced irreguralities and destroyed/fraudulent votes, I do not see any leverage for Trump to try to pull in order to hold onto the seat.

11 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

I have a feeling that you'd love to see this 😂

😂 I have to tell you it’s extremely liberating not giving a damn about the outcome. All of the entertainment with none of the tension!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Gorth said:

@ComradeMaster Which would probably lead to my previously alluded to Max Mad scenario. I expect GD to be among the survivors in 5-10 years time unless he runs out of ammo.

Small chance of that!

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

So, if Biden wins. Harris will replace him in 2nd half of 2021?

Do you think they will be enjoying a real support for their policies given that the motivation was mostly "anti-Trump"? 

Considering that both the candidates are ancient, I think the smart money has always been that this is a VP race.

I'm not sure what the second question is asking.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I checked up on the BBC what happens if it's a draw and Congress and the Supreme Court can't work it out either in time for the January 21'st deadline. In that case, Nancy Pelosi becomes president. Go figure how people would react to that.

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

So, if Biden wins. Harris will replace him in 2nd half of 2021?

Do you think they will be enjoying a real support for their policies given that the motivation was mostly "anti-Trump"? 

He’s going to have a couple of things working against him. The Republicans held onto control of the Senate and are likely going to be generally uncooperative with him. They are further emboldened by the fact that they actually gained Seats in the house of representatives. Plus Biden is looking at the slimmest of electoral wins so he’s not coming in with any kind of a big mandate. Add to that the presidential party tends to lose congressional seats in the off year election. So there is an excellent chance the Republicans will have more power in Congress in 2022 then they do today. However, he’s probably smart enough to work with what he’s been given here. At least he used to be. The Joe Biden of 20 to 30 years ago could have. If the one we have today can we will have to see.

Thomas Sowell

11 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

That would be a hell of a result to have 80+% to win on the remaing votes. Not impossible, but rather unlikely

it is still uncalled because there is 1.4 million uncounted mail in votes and Biden has received 77% of those mail  in votes that have been counted. So it looks like PA will end in close to 50-50 situation in the end, win marginal will be only couple thousand votes, so it is probably that we will see court fights over PA's results

• Like 1

Let's also remember that Trump is the incumbent candidate. As much as Biden supporters might have wanted a landslide victory, the fact that it is close is still a favorable outcome for a challenger over the incumbent. I swear, constantly playing the underdog card as the president has to be the most annoying thing about this current administration. 

Ok...maybe there are some other annoying things as well. :p

• Like 1

Here’s a little nugget. Last night six states voted to legalize marijuana to one extent or another. One state voted to decriminalize drug possession. That’s a pretty good step towards keeping people out of jail for victimless crime’s

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell

7 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Considering that both the candidates are ancient, I think the smart money has always been that this is a VP race.

I'm not sure what the second question is asking.

As in, once Trump is out, what is the actual policy stance that will be uniting all the current anti-Trumpers. 

This seems to be very varied group as opposed to the Trump supporters, which seem to be more cohesive in their world view

2 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

As in, once Trump is out, what is the actual policy stance that will be uniting all the current anti-Trumpers.

I think you've answered your own question :)

There's nothing requiring that a voting block be united in a democracy. Every single person who votes for a winning candidate can have a different reason for doing so.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Just now, Achilles said:

I think you've answered your own question :)

There's nothing requiring that a voting block be united in a democracy. Every single person who votes for a winning candidate can have a different reason for doing so.

Yes, but the government, which you've voted in will be there for 4 years, and I exepct, perhaps incorrectly, that people have more expectations than just "remove Trump" and that might be a rude awakaning to a lot of current Biden's voters once the admin will start running policies. 

This will be interesting to watch. 

I find the reports about mail in votes disturbing. It's mathematically impossible to be so close in voting boots and so far in mail in. It seems like only Biden voters used mail in. It has scam written all over. 

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

3 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Yes, but the government, which you've voted in will be there for 4 years, and I exepct, perhaps incorrectly, that people have more expectations than just "remove Trump" and that might be a rude awakaning to a lot of current Biden's voters once the admin will start running policies.

Yes, the expectation is that the reality TV guy who can't govern will be replaced with the career politician who can.

3 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

There isn't, the left is fractured and Biden and Trump, to me, are basically the same person.  Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

lol

2 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Yes, the expectation is that the reality TV guy who can't govern will be replaced with the career politician who can.

lol

Yoy might not be entirely correct on this statement. 

What policies show that Trump can't

What policies show that Biden can by comparison?