Politics 20/20 now with extra hindsight!

Gorth

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

What are you rambling about?  I said Biden also had little charisma (he also sounds like a doddering old man sometimes, albeit a sober one).  Trump is, at least in my eyes, an (extra) narcissistic buffoon who makes a rather mockery of the "top office" of this country with his posturing antics.  If he was a Democratic or Independent or Friendly Neighborhood Spaceman candidate, I wouldn't vote for him either.  I don't pick a candidate or vote simply because someone is a specific "party." 

Trump is repeatedly not someone I can even pretend to respect and that's all there is to it.  Pffft.

Refer to my signature...and then stick "forums.obsidian.net##.ipsType_light.ipsComment_ignored.ipsComment" in your uBlock filters, :p.

(e): Biden ahead in Wisconsin right now, expectation seems to be that he'll win there, though it'll be close. Still awaiting a number of urban batches of votes in Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. If Biden does indeed win Wisconsin, then he only needs one of those three to clinch 270. (e): "This is vaguely reminiscent of 11 p.m. in 2016 ... but in reverse (and in slow motion): Biden’s the narrow favorite in PA, WI, MI, AZ, NV, GA, and it could take a while."

(e): Also, one interesting thing about coverage of this - Fox, in my opinion, had the best coverage of any of the major networks (just in terms of quality of production), and oddly has been aggressively fair towards Biden, and has pre-emptively called multiple races for him (such as Arizona) that no-one else has while giving positive projections of remaining votes for him when he's been seemingly down big in states like Wisconsin. Not sure why, but they've refused to feed into Trump's narrative of cheating mail-in ballots or whatever such he's been squawking about.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well, I'm heading to bed. It looks fairly likely (but not certain) that Biden has won, and I can fall asleep soundly on that. God have mercy on our souls.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I wouldn't say a coup, but if it will come down to one state deciding, and to be more precise, PA, then there will be no end to accusations and contesting the result until it will hit SCOTUS. Legitimacy will be questioned on either side, depending who will get the court ruling on their side. 

Edited by Darkpriest

19 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

What is happening to results right now? Feels like there is a coup brewing by Biden and his cronies.

:lol: Nah. It's just that close. It's looking like the Senate will stay Republican so everything is good. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

:lol: Nah. It's just that close. It's looking like the Senate will stay Republican so everything is good. 

We have a saying for that - "Wie der Schelm ist, so denkt er" sometimes said as "Wie der Schelm ist, so denkt er vom Anderen", meaning a crook expects everyone else to be crooked (and act accordingly). He's just projecting.

Plus Poland has a vested interest in Trump bein reelected so they can continue to fellate him and expect good returns on that, uhm, investment. That'll be a tad harder to accomplish with a presumably less confrontational Biden administration. :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

43 minutes ago, majestic said:

Plus Poland has a vested interest in Trump bein reelected 

Poland is also invested in not having terrorist attacks. Any sayings for that?

Jeez, this guy belongs in retirenment house, not White House...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/meaww.com/amp/joe-biden-granddaughter-natalie-beau-biden-mistake-error-cnn-video-crackhead-son-hunter-delaware

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Darkpriest said:

I wouldn't say a coup, but if it will come down to one state deciding, and to be more precise, PA, then there will be no end to accusations and contesting the result until it will hit SCOTUS. Legitimacy will be questioned on either side, depending who will get the court ruling on their side. 

No, Biden can still win without PA. Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan and Maine would get Biden to 270, even without Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Arizona has been called for Biden by a couple of outlets, and I believe Nevada should be a lock, even if things look tight right now. Basically Biden needs 2 of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. They are still in play, despite the high percentage of votes already tallied.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

14 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Don't worry. If Biden ends up winning I promise he won't launch any terrorist attacks in Poland! :lol:

In all seriousness the GOP picked up 4 seats in the House and held the Senate. Trump, even if he does not win, completely out-performed pollsters predictions and exposed media bias again.  The rumors of Republican death were greately overstated. Even if Biden wins, we'll be fine. The government will be mostly reutralized for two years. So we're pretty safe from both incompetence and malign intent. And if Biden did win there is a pretty good chance GOP control over Congress will increase in 2022. No matter what happens from here I'm content. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, I'm not completely content. Jorgensen ended up with 1.5M votes. Less than half of Johnson's total in 2016. I wished she had done better but I'm still pleased my vote was one of that 1.5M

• Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Plus Poland has a vested interest in Trump bein reelected so they can continue to fellate him and expect good returns on that, uhm, investment. That'll be a tad harder to accomplish with a presumably less confrontational Biden administration. :p

Don't worry about that.
Biden will still want to sell us stuff.

The biggest travesty of this election is that Kanye only got 0.3% of the vote. I'm assuming the "Other Candidates" category is almost entirely Kanye. :shifty:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

56 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

No, Biden can still win without PA. Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan and Maine would get Biden to 270, even without Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Arizona has been called for Biden by a couple of outlets, and I believe Nevada should be a lock, even if things look tight right now. Basically Biden needs 2 of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. They are still in play, despite the high percentage of votes already tallied.

I agree he can, I'm saying that in scenario where PA is the only deciding the outcome state, it will be very ugly no matter who wins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

You're the king of non-sequitors, aren't you?

52 minutes ago, pmp10 said:

Don't worry about that.
Biden will still want to sell us stuff.

's not about selling but about stationing more soldiers in Poland. Do you really think a Biden administration would continue Trump's confrontational course with the other allies of the United States to a point where they'll be using economic pressure through troop rotations whenver the big manbaby doesn't get his way? Yeah, not really. It'll be more subtle, or actually negotiated for. I'm pretty sure Poland will do better with Trump as a partner than with Biden.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

7 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

radical catholics. 

I'm picturing a priest in robes riding a skateboard, wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap backwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

Do you really think a Biden administration would continue Trump's confrontational course with the other allies of the United States to a point where they'll be using economic pressure through troop rotations whenver the big manbaby doesn't get his way? Yeah, not really. It'll be more subtle, or actually negotiated for. I'm pretty sure Poland will do better with Trump as a partner than with Biden.

That's this strange notion that US troop movement is somehow good to Poland.
They don't come cheap you know. 

7 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Biden's admin might also not get a 'pass' in relations with Poland, where the current ruling party has been accused of anti-LGBT, anti-feminists, racist xenophobia and bieng in bed with radical catholics. 

Simple question of numbers.
Enough dollars get exchanged and they will work very hard to look the other way.

But hopefully we will find out as Trump looks finished, he is not getting back in Wisconsin and remaining votes are clearly against him in Michigan.
So now for the drama.

Really depends on Michigan, if it's Biden's then its game over. If Trump's, then prepare for a really ugly ending because of PA. I think Georgia is Trumps and Wisconsin is Bidens. Nevada is Bidems as well. 

AZ is a bit of a surprise to me.

Edited by Darkpriest

17 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'm picturing a priest in robes riding a skateboard, wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap backwards.

I picture this

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Biden just took the lead in Michigan. I think it's over.

If that's the case, then yes. Short of some miracle turnover in Wisconsin, this would mean its over. 

This is still potentially 270-268 which is a very close contest, and clearly heavily underestimated Trump, despite all the negative bias by social media giants and a lot of media channels. Let not forget that this is more anti-Trump vs Trump and not really Biden vs Trump

Edited by Darkpriest