Hi,

since Swift Flurry always procs attack rolls that are done with the main hand even if the offhand triggered it  (see Sun & Moon in offhand and Battle Axe with Bleeding Cuts in main hand: lots of Bleeding Cuts from Swift Flurry without the recovery malus) I thought I'd give it a shot* and try if that also works with a ranged weapon in the main hand (and a melee weapon in the offhand obviously).

And it does!
tenor.gif?itemid=16080041

Forget the times when you thought you couldn't use Fire in the Hole with Swift Flurry - you can! It even seems that Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming procs from the ranged weapon can proc additional procs. It's pretty crazy, I can tell you.

Other good ranged weapons for this: 

• Current's Rush (High Tide is powerful once it procs)
  • Hand Mortar (with Blinding Smoke + Avenging Storm: ridiculous)
  • Blunderbusses (every pellet seems to be able to trigger another shot)

Tried it with SC Monk with Whispers of the Wind (awesome) and also with Monk/Ranger using Driving Flight (higher chance to get proc-chains with Stunning Surge: also great. Especially nice is that you can combine it with Hunter's Claw which also works ranged weapons in the main hand- Using a blunderbuss or mortar lets you get those stacks pretty quickly.

Enjoy!

otomivs845.gif

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3
  • Gasp! 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Tested a bit further and it seems that even special procs from the melee weapon get triggered by Fire in the Hole's AoE if it gets used by Swift Flurry. At least I see a LOT of Extinction Events from Sungrazer going off whe I use it as my melee weapon in the offhand. 

Phew...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Noice!

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses

Forbidden fist ability can do something similar, when community patch is installed, but with 2h weapons (tested with watershaper focus). CP tags FF as melee weapon attack, and that's why it can trigger SF/HBD even without melee weapon equiped. But as far, as I remember it can't proc multiple times

Maybe it doesn't proc further and it's just that with Whispers of the Wind and Sun&Moon + Fire in the Hole there's so many procs that it's hard to tell what triggered which.

Edited by Boeroer