Make Bows More Useful

I like having a choice in games like this weather to attack head on in melee attacks or from a high position out of reach of the enemy. However the recent updates have taken away that choice. Finding a high firing position with the bows is simple enough but for some odd reason now the enemys just run off screen when they cant get to you. Also the bows dont do enough damage for ranged players. That wouldnt be so bad if the max stack was 60 to 100 instead of the tiny amount it is, and if the bugs didnt run away and insta heal. Also the enemys heal to full health after they get a small distance from the player. In my opinion the bugs, unless they are pets, shouldnt heal at all. 

• Like 1

I think it's less that they heal and more that they simply... forget the damage you inflicted on them. My guess is that the passive state doesn't actually keep track of their HP; likely to reduce processing time, so when an arthropod exits agro and becomes passive again it simply... forgets that it isn't at full health.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 10:28 AM, steelgod101a said:

I like having a choice in games like this weather to attack head on in melee attacks or from a high position out of reach of the enemy. However the recent updates have taken away that choice. Finding a high firing position with the bows is simple enough but for some odd reason now the enemys just run off screen when they cant get to you. Also the bows dont do enough damage for ranged players. That wouldnt be so bad if the max stack was 60 to 100 instead of the tiny amount it is, and if the bugs didnt run away and insta heal. Also the enemys heal to full health after they get a small distance from the player. In my opinion the bugs, unless they are pets, shouldnt heal at all. 

Definitely. The choice of using bows has been pretty much eradicated as of late (which sucks, as I absolutely LOVE using bows.) I wish they would make bows an actual choice.

• Like 1

The problem with Bow in this game is that the fighting system is based on perfect blocking, the creatures in the game right now aren't able to challenge the player out of meele combat which makes it hard to balance the game for bow. At the moment shooting an insect form an unreachable location doesn't feel right, you are just shooting to a defenceless creature that can't hurt you back. It also makes sense for the insect to flee if he can't hurt you back, what should it do? stand still and wait to get killed? I think that bow will have its spot in the "meta" when there will be more flying creatures (like bees and hornets).

• Like 1

Pretty easy solution i dont this all t he time when they run just jump down and they come running back. then i just jump back up and rinse repeat. tougher with wolfies cause POISON if i get hit but works most if not all the time.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:23 PM, poisonmilow said:

Right. But the full inventory, when you need to have minimum 80 arrows to get down a spider, is really annoying.

It's like 10 arrows to kill a wolf spider and 7 a orb weaver with everything upgraded.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2020 at 5:20 AM, Mushroom said:

It's like 10 arrows to kill a wolf spider and 7 a orb weaver with everything upgraded.

I think with full upgrade on normal arrows its like 18 for a wolf and like 12 for an orb but i just carry like 200 anyways