Does Accurate Carnage passive also apply to main attack roll ?

As per title, it seems that the +5 Accuracy modifier from Accurate Carnage also applies to main melee weapon attack roll (the one that procs carnage) and not only to Carnage hit roll itself.

It might be due to modding but since it also works when mods are deactivated, this is rather unlikely.
The suspicious mods are Community Patch, Balance Polishing Mod and Carnage Indicator from @Noqn.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/114861-balance-polishing-mod-release-10/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-2235863

Could someone who doesn't use mod confirm the issue ?

If this glitch appears in vanilla, everybody needs to know 🙂 

• Hmmm 1

22 minutes ago, Noqn said:

I can proudly say that I'm getting this issue without Carnage Indicators installed 😊

It actually happens without Community Patch and Balance Polish too... vanilla bug?

As I said in the other thread, there is a small probability that the bug also happens on games where mods have been used previously, due to persisting modifications of passive.

Rumors say that there have been some mods on your PC. (EDIT : sorry if this sounds paranoid 🙂 )

Sounds very much like a vanilla bug to me though. Attacks tend to inherit the keywords from their own status, which would explain. 

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

As I said in the other thread, there is a small probability that the bug also happens on games where mods have been used previously, due to persisting modifications of passive.

Rumors say that there have been some mods on your PC. (EDIT : sorry if this sounds paranoid 🙂 )

I did not know this could be the case with attacks, and turns out I was completely wrong... it is caused by Carnage Indicators... 😟

I'll remove the Carnage Keyword from the indicator and upload a patch (although that will mess with the Barbaric Blow indicator).

Big apologies for improper testing and general idiocy on my side.

Edited by Noqn

51 minutes ago, Noqn said:

I did not know this could be the case with attacks, and turns out I was completely wrong... it is caused by Carnage Indicators... 😟

Obscure mechanisms are obscure. You can't just think about all that negative testing necessary to guarantee the absence of impact.
I think their hard code could have been better about KW. This makes poison attacks rather bad and Pokemonish.
"Take this Poison thorn
- I'm immune to poison.
- But not to thorns !
- This is a poisonous thorn so I'm immune to it"

I'll remove the Carnage Keyword from the indicator and upload a patch

Ok, that will fix it I think.

(although that will mess with the Barbaric Blow indicator).

Unfortunate but not critical.

Big apologies for improper testing and general idiocy on my side.

Not a big issue. I spotted carnage improper accuracy scaling thanks to that. It would have remained a discrepancy from my passive ability scaling rules. Simply because Carnage does scale, I forget that its scaling was incomplete.

• Like 1