General movie thread!!!!

Amentep

On 4/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, Raithe said:

Shame for Rian Johnson not getting a full trilogy to his name (would have been very curious to see a full trilogy with him at the helm, considering The Last Jedi easily had some of the most interesting ideas and aesthetic choices out of any of the Disney Star Wars so far), but at the same time I'm looking forward for more Knives Out films.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

If you guys have never seen Harry and Tonto that is so worth your time to watch. It was on Pluto last night. I watched it for the second time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

35 minutes ago, Raithe said:

The Bene Gesserits set it up so that while your hand is in that box Star Trek: Discovery plays in your mind. :shifty:

• Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have always liked Ryan Reynolds, even in otherwise "bad"/unremarkable films like Blade 3 and Green Lantern.  His overall acting feels (to me) rather generic yet his on-screen presence is often very funny or charismatic in a cheeky way. Which is why those ads he does on his YT channel are so great.  I vaguely recall that hitman bodyguard movie, they were an amusing pair.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

vid

given a few o' the problematic stereotypes o' the shang-chi comics character, not least o' which is inexorable linked to fu manchu, am suspecting significant changes from the source material. 

am admitted knowing shag-chi only a little, but am curious how this is gonna developed so as to not cheese off the increasing important chinese audience w/o appearing to be overt pandering to the same audience.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, after the first trailer ("It's a birthmark" "What do you mean?" "He was born with it") I am prepared for something akin to Annihilation.

It needs 90s techno though

😄

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watched mortal Mortal Kombat and for what it is it's pretty good. Have to agree that the updated main theme song does not do the old one justice...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Mortal Kombat was super fun. It is still a bit of a B movie, but it was well done. The new guy, Jax, Scorpian, Sub-Zero, and Kano were all excellent in their parts. Goro looked great. The fighting was fantastic, violent, and had a bunch of nods to the game. I'm not going to say it broke the mold of bad video game adaptations. It was still a pretty silly film. But it was worth the watch. It's set up nicely for a sequel, so hopefully we get to see more.

57 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

It's set up nicely for a sequel, so hopefully we get to see more.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation Eradication

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

50 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Mortal Kombat Annihilation Eradication

Mortal Kombat : Redemption

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ate pizza and rented "Nobody."   I regret not a penny.

Bob Odenkirk is great.  Seeing Christopher Lloyd was nice too.  Most of the film he's not the invincible the Liam Neeson type of action dude, altho that's not to say it's realistic either, haha.  Overall nothing too special about it as a movie, but Odenkirk is awesome/sells it and made it a "good" movie.  The last stand-off was very outlandish but super fun and quite a few lol moments throughout, for me. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started Mortal Kombat.  I'm not into the game or lore so...just lookin' for fights. 😛

...what happens in the first scene of the movie kinda ticked me off in that movie kind of way, but oh well.  Sub-Zero seems quite considerate, freezing flesh before breaking limbs off.  At least it would sort of deaden the pain of such amputations, right?!  Maybe? ... Anyway ...

Edited by LadyCrimson