General movie thread!!!!

Amentep

General movie thread!!!!

I feel like the exclamation points are telling me to be excited for something.  :lol:

Watched some S. Korean film called Haunters. I don't know if that's a terrible title translation or what, because the movie has nothing to do with being haunted, or ghosts, etc.  It's more like mental mind-control super-power guy vs. a guy who's immune to that mental power with the latter trying to stop the former.  The first 5 minutes were interesting and the bad guy was ok I guess (the "hero" is a bit on the slapstick-comical side) but the whole conflict aspect and film structure was a snore.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^They show it in the film, but no clue if its the real place or a reconstruction.

More trailers:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm had a fantastic ending. It took a bit of work to set it up, but it was well worth the wait. Part of the fun of these films is trying to figure out how in on it certain people are. Some of his appearances had already made news, so that was fun to see in action, but the way they tied it all together was really perfect. 

Spoiler

The fact they managed to not only shoot this through the pandemic, but manipulate the pandemic for the narrative, is another act of brilliance by Sascha Baron Cohen. That is movie magic.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:43 PM, ShadySands said:

I don't think that movie is about a general

Is it about a General Commander ?

I still don't get this title.

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh man, that General Commander looks bad in a very bad way.

I was just telling my students about the Halloween movies this week. We are watching the great epic The Message as we start our Islam unit, and I always like to explain how amazing it is Moustapha Akkad was even able to make the movie, and his role in helping produce one of the first big horror movie franchises. I even have a student named Michael Meyers in class this year. 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, Hurlshot said:

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm had a fantastic ending. It took a bit of work to set it up, but it was well worth the wait. Part of the fun of these films is trying to figure out how in on it certain people are. Some of his appearances had already made news, so that was fun to see in action, but the way they tied it all together was really perfect. 

Hide contents

The fact they managed to not only shoot this through the pandemic, but manipulate the pandemic for the narrative, is another act of brilliance by Sascha Baron Cohen. That is movie magic.

I think something was missing. Maybe he was too serious. Or tired. Still funny and yes, the ending was brilliant.

sign.jpg

Wait ... there's a Tremors YouTube channel? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN58od6cW9NuNzYzk0x9ofg/videos
I guess there's a new dvd Tremor's movie? Never mind that tho.
Burt Gummer for President!

And if you're bored/have time to kill:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum?  Yes please.  Gong Yoo also has a series coming to Netflix supposedly in Dec.  Thanks, Netflix.

And this one too (not sure if posted already).  Trailer is the last couple minutes.

...Hollywood is so dead to me.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Sarex said:

A sequel to the Keanu Reeves Constantine is coming out it seems. I think I'm one of the few people who liked the movie.

I liked it as a general supernatural thriller-adventure movie.  I didn't like it as a Constantine adaption.

So I enjoyed it for what it was, and for some good performances.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."