Obituary thread

Amentep

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Ray Liotta.

The fictional Henry Hill died almost exactly 10 years after the real Henry Hill. He's off to the great witness protection program in the sky.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Man, RIP.  Liked a lot of her work that I've heard.  Didn't know she'd subbed for Cindy Wilson in the B-52's, though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tim Sale comic artist, probably best know for Batman: The Long Halloween with Jeph Loeb, but had been working in the industry since 1983 on a number of titles.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

RIP former Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Tony Siragusa age 55.

Didn't a current Ravens linebacker just OD and pass away as well?

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 2 weeks later...

James Caan

• Sad 7

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trump.

Ivana Trump that is.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 7/14/2022 at 7:46 PM, Malcador said:

Ivana Trump

Not that I particularly care about Ivana per se, but ... stairs suck.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, Oerwinde said:

RIP - I can't tell you the number of times Irenicus' dialogue comes back to me due to David Warner's voice acting.  "You will suffer.  You. will. ALL. suffer."

I just saw him on a Midsomer Murders over the weekend, and I watched Time after Time a few months ago.  One of those actors who was always a delight to find out he was in a production.

• Like 6

I think the first time I saw David Warner was in The Omen, where he made a memorable impression on my child mind. Then maybe Tron, some Star Trek stuff, smaller chr. roles here and there. A face/voice I always immediately recognized/new who it was, but I really haven't seen all that much of his work.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I remember him most strongly from Privateer 2 and Batman TAS. 

1 hour ago, HoonDing said:

Was looking at some Roxette videos at Youtub and found out the singer has been dead for 3 years.

Feels bad man

It was a big thing here in Sweden when she died. Cancer, I think. 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Paul Sorvino died.  Hm, 2 Goodfellas actors so far this year