Obituary thread

Amentep

On 6/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Malcador said:

He could have faked his death. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

image.thumb.jpeg.aee8d54e54462488e7d5f5d064dc0a8b.jpeg

oh wow. That just sucks.

• Sad 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Statler the Bat

I shared a video about him on the good news thread. Sad to see he passed.

• Sad 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

R.I.P. "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, age 62. Best known for being 1/2 of the Midnight Express, widely regarded as one of the greatest tag teams ever, Bobby was one of my personal wrestling heroes. ;(

• Sad 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

RIP Bobby Eaton.  The Midnight Express (Eaton and Condry, Eaton and Lane; I don't think I saw the earlier pre-Eaton version but may have) were one of those tag teams that regardless which territory I saw them in, you knew they were headed to the top to feud with the best.  By all accounts I've heard, Bobby was a good guy, someone who I don't think I've heard anyone in the wrestling business say anything bad about and who fans have only had positive things to say about their interactions with him. And with wrestlers that pretty rarified country because usually someone held a grudge somewhere, but not with Bobby from what I've heard.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Trevor Moore, most notable for being one of the main guys of The Whitest Kids U' Know. Always thought that show was awful from a number of clips I had been sent over the years because they didn't know how to time or structure their jokes quite right, but the ideas of their jokes weren't bad and comedy is super subjective and as far as I know he wasn't a terrible person, so...RIP. Cause of death not specified beyond "accident".

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Trevor Moore, most notable for being one of the main guys of The Whitest Kids U' Know. Always thought that show was awful from a number of clips I had been sent over the years because they didn't know how to time or structure their jokes quite right, but the ideas of their jokes weren't bad and comedy is super subjective and as far as I know he wasn't a terrible person, so...RIP. Cause of death not specified beyond "accident".

I remember watching that on IFC along with the Henry Rollins show. It was usually not great, but sometimes I randomly think about some of the sketches or songs they'd do. ****.

• Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Markie Post at 70

f'ing cancer

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)