Obituary thread

Amentep

Norman Lloyd actor (including Hitch****'s Sabateur), director and former member of Welles' Mercury Theater.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Kid Reporter Damon Weaver Who Interviewed Obama Is Dead At 23

oh man this just sucks. I remember him. Mainly because I know where Pahokee Florida is. So sad.

• Sad 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Malcador said:

I remember 'Canardo' from way back in my younger years, as it was one of those comics that got translated to Danish. RIP Sokal 😔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Clarence Williams III, appeared in a lot of things, but may be still identified highly with his early role as Linc from the seminal 60's show THE MOD SQUAD. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

38 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Clarence Williams III, appeared in a lot of things, but may be still identified highly with his early role as Linc from the seminal 60's show THE MOD SQUAD. 

My mother loved this show. When I look back of photos of her in her teens, clearly she was channelling the fashion of the day!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

My mom also talked about the show when I was a kid. We eventually watched some episodes but I think my mom didn't think it held up as well 50+ years on. But we still enjoyed them. Someday I'll probably watch the whole series. 

9 hours ago, Amentep said:

THE MOD SQUAD. 

I've never seen the show, but I do like the title. It has a nice ring to it ☺️

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 minute ago, WDeranged said:

John McAfee - The world just got a little bit less interesting.

I remember watching a documentary on him. What a weird life he lead. He was like part snake oil salesman, part James Bond villain.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Rejected casting for Fast & Furious

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Rejected casting for Fast & Furious

Fast & Furious was a rejected biopic of John McAfee.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Epstein sends his regards to John McAfee "see what happens once they get you behind bars?... say what you will about those British born entrepreneurs, they sure make the world a bit more colourful. Richard Branson being another one (hes still alive though, for the records).

• Like 1

The classic odd Brit (well, 'Brit') entrepreneur ('entrepreneur') death has to be Robert Maxwell, 30 years ago. Mossad, corruption, massive embezzlement, contradictory autopsies, more, and about as direct a link to Epstein as you could hope for via his daughter.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1