Obituary thread

Amentep

13 hours ago, algroth said:

imagen.png.7279fd96474e9bfaabc6e3389a8cb4d7.png

This reaction came to me too late.  Great clip from YPM too.

https://gfycat.com/indelibleblondamericanmarten

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bunny Wailer

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P. "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler. ;(

His bout agains Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns remains my favorite boxing match ever to this day. 

• Sad 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not exactly the point of the thread, but: Brother of NBA Rockets player Damien House's wife and three children killed by drunk driver while driving 115mph with a .15 BAC.

Perhaps it's my unfortunate and much too frequent personal experiences with irresponsible users of alcohol speaking (indeed, it was to my great relief that when my drunk-driving father died, he did not kill anyone else on his way out), but I truly wish nothing but lonely misery for those who put other people's lives at risk by driving while impaired. There are so many other ways to put yourself in danger or harm yourself that don't involve putting others' lives at risk that everyone is entitled to pursue if they so wish - don't be absolute scum, please.

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Sounds like he missed his chance at an exciting career in the Mafia.