Power Levels for Burning Lash or Dragon Thrashed?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the various fire effects on Monk's and Chanters are benefited by improved Fire Power Levels? 

For example, would Magran's Favor help a Monk's Burning Lash via Turning Wheel? Or a chanter's The Dragon Thrashed, the Dragon wailed?

I'm interested in putting together a crit based Monk / Skald build that can benefit from increased crit opportunities from weapons like Sun and Moon. However, that got me wondering if I could leverage the fire power levels from Sun and Moon along with other gear to improve this build even further.

Grateful for any thoughts that folks might have, either about Fire Power Levels or just about a good way to build a melee focused Monk + Skald.

Thanks!

Edited by na314

The Turning wheel lash isn't affected by power levels. It's just a 2% lash per wound, and it's linked to the attack that it modifies.  I don't believe that The Dragon Thrashed, the Dragon wailed would be affected either, as I'm pretty sure chants are not affected by power levels. Unfortunately Magran's favor and sun and moon do not seem to give much of a PL boost to cantors. However, they are nonetheless still great weapons for a cantor. If you use the flail modal you can debuff reflex, making it more likely that the great invocations that target reflex will hit. Moreover, if you wield Magran's favor in your main hand and sun and moon in the off hand and have swift flurry, crits from the two heads of sun and moon proc extra attacks from Magran's favor in the main hand, which will do much more damage.

But if you really want to take advantage of the boost to fire power levels while also taking advantage of the nice MF, S & M and swift flurry synergy, you might consider multi-classing  monk with paladin, priest or wizard.

2 hours ago, dgray62 said:

I don't believe that The Dragon Thrashed, the Dragon wailed would be affected either, as I'm pretty sure chants are not affected by power levels.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/chanter (courtesy of myself and Elric Galad)

"Chanter chants are a bit like some other abilities that do benefit from power level scaling, but they do so using a single-class progression. Also unlike other PL scaling, chants gain +2 accuracy per PL instead of +1.

An oddity is that chants aren't internally keyworded as "chanter", despite being a chanter-specific set of abilities! The main place this has an impact is with the bellower subclass, because the +PL bonus from the bellower is just to chanter-keyworded abilities, which means chants don't benefit at all (only invocations).

An additional oddity is that chants don't count as spells. This has very minor but odd interactions in situations where whether an ability "is a spell" is being considered."

• Like 1

Let me chime in and say that Mith Fyr's lash doesn't scale with Power Level. 

From the top of my head I don't recall any lash that scales with Power Level. But since lashes are multiplicative dmg bonuses with a somewhat scaling base already that's ok.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods