Weapons and Tools

I'm not sure if anyone else has already suggested it as I haven't seen it anywhere here but, I think various weapons such as Crossbows(made of acorn and spider silk maybe? longer reload than a bow but more damage), Swords(in between the knives and clubs in speed and damage) and similar things would make good additions, and for tools I could see shears made from ant mandibles for cutting things like grass or stems as being nice as an alternative to axes, could be slower but cut in less hits, or maybe something like a grappling hook as well, could be ant mandibles held onto a sprig with some sap and the rope could be silk, this could allow you to scale things vertically and you could leave the silk rope hanging so your friends can climb up as well, I think that would give a nice addition to the sense of adventure you get in some scenarios, especially when with friends.

Edited by Cringe

2 hours ago, Gearhart said:

I'm hoping the larva blade will be replaced by a sword when they add them. (There are currently 2 swords in the code; but they lack models, instead using the default sword placeholder model.)

yeah that'd be cool, although I like having variety and knives being in the game after they finish the swords wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion, but I won't be unhappy if they did get replaced.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, Cringe said:

yeah that'd be cool, although I like having variety and knives being in the game after they finish the swords wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion, but I won't be unhappy if they did get replaced.

Sorry, I meant to say that i hope the rotten larva blade gets replaced by a sword. A sword in the stone is much cooler than a dagger in the stone.

• Like 1

I like the ideas I think they should also add shields. You can get a round shield using clovers, tower shield with grass. Then go up a tier and use stems for a stronger tower shield and kite shield. Then up another and add spikes like the spike trap.

The ideas are endless

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, Gearhart said:

Sorry, I meant to say that i hope the rotten larva blade gets replaced by a sword. A sword in the stone is much cooler than a dagger in the stone.

Oh I see, that makes sense, that would be really cool if they did make it a sword in the stone, i can imagine Pete having a line when finding it too.