Random video game news

Amentep

4 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Okay, odd hiring practice to me to hold that against a worker especially as well if they're interviewing with you odds are they are trying to leave anyway. 

Not everyone are trying to leave though 😉 If you do your interview right, you can find that out. Also anyone who is voluntarily seeking employment in these days in a company, who have won the worst company award in America for example, might not have the best of judgment skills 😉 and sometimes that kind of skills is a mandatory prerequisite for some job positions 😉 

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

13 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Not everyone are trying to leave though 😉 If you do your interview right, you can find that out. Also anyone who is voluntarily seeking employment in these days in a company, who have won the worst company award in America for example, might not have the best of judgment skills 😉 and sometimes that kind of skills is a mandatory prerequisite for some job positions 😉 

Well, yes, assuming they've not been laid off, they are actively trying to leave their "bad" company.  But as for why people would seek a job at a company with a "bad" reputation - people need money and experience so often you have to take what you can get rather than waiting for an ideal post.   Wouldn't think it would mean they are stupid or anything.

In any case the CDPR complaints seem pretty typical for software companies, management rushing things, etc. . Always interesting to note how large the scope of projects are, that people can be deceived by management as to the state of them.   At least compared to one old workplace management is not run under omerta, so they have that going for them :lol: 

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

36 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Well, yes, assuming they've not been laid off, they are actively trying to leave their "bad" company.  But as for why people would seek a job at a company with a "bad" reputation - people need money and experience so often you have to take what you can get rather than waiting for an ideal post.   Wouldn't think it would mean they are stupid or anything.

In any case the CDPR complaints seem pretty typical for software companies, management rushing things, etc. . Always interesting to note how large the scope of projects are, that people can be deceived by management as to the state of them.   At least compared to one old workplace management is not run under omerta, so they have that going for them :lol: 

Well, what you say is valid for the most of the jobs out there, but there are not enough programmers and other IT professionals to fill out all the posted job positions. EU lacked few years back more than 500 thousands IT professionals to fill all such positions, and it is rising more and more. So you have a choice in that regard, and if you join Acti or EA in current conditions, you probably do not care enough about what kind of job you do *shrugs*

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

19 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

So you have a choice in that regard, and if you join Acti or EA in current conditions, you probably do not care enough about what kind of job you do *shrugs*

Not necessarily, your work is not your company's and projects are massive.

Way late on this and speaking of people working at "bad" companies in the 90s 😛  but the creator of DirectX died - https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/07/friends-remember-microsoft-renegade-eric-engstrom-who-suggested-a-directx-console/

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 12/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, Keyrock said:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2020/12/wasteland-3-now-available-on-linux-from-inxile-entertainment

The long awaited (mainly by me, I don't know that we have many, if any, other Linux gamers here) Wasteland 3 Linux version has arrived. Next time it's discounted I will scoop it up immediately.

Aaaand it's on sale. 

/buys game

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Aaaand it's on sale. 

/buys game

Have fun, these days you don't have to wait half the game time for the game to load.

Fun to see that inXile learned nothing from their Bard's Tale IV debacle. Even Obs here managed to cut down on loading times in Pillars 2, and the ones of Pillars weren't so bad when compared to WL3 or BT4... or Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

Have fun, these days you don't have to wait half the game time for the game to load.

The benefits of not being an early adopter. I'm taking the same approach with Cyberpunk 2077, I'll buy it when version 1.20 (or higher) releases.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wait.... so this monolith in the desert thing was a "KFC console" advert all the time?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

57 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

They're actually making this. :wowey:

Finally a use for all that heat CPUs & GPUs generate. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/23/2020 at 8:22 AM, Keyrock said:

They're actually making this. :wowey:

I guess the McConsole is now inevitable.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-cd-projekt-sa?

New York-based Rosen Law Firm has filed a class-action lawsuit against Cyberpunk 2077's publisher CD Projekt S.A. due to its alleged violation of federal securities laws.

Announced in a press release, Rosen Law Firm is filing the class-action lawsuit on behalf of purchasers of the securities of CD Projekt S.A. between January 16, 2020 and December 17, 2020, and is seeking to "recover damages for CD Projekt investors under the federal securities laws."

The lawsuit claims that CD Projekt has "made false and/or misleading statements" and/or failed to disclose that "Cyberpunk 2077 was virtually unplayable on the current-generation Xbox or PlayStation systems due to an enormous number of bugs."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am going to guess unlikely they will win, but would be funny if they did.

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

I am going to guess unlikely they will win, but would be funny if they did.

You could sue every goddamn gamecompany if that were the case really. Tell me one AAA game that wasn't overhyped.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken