Random video game news

Amentep

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

Seems like pre-load on GoG for Cyberpunk is up, i didn't expect it today! its 60 GB

Hopefully that has the day one patch rolled in.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-review/

PCG's review as well. The real humour is reading the comments on the reviews.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Seems like pre-load on GoG for Cyberpunk is up, i didn't expect it today! its 60 GB

Thanks!

Downloading it now and probably downloading the whole thing all over again on the 9th

5 minutes ago, majestic said:

Can't wait to not play it and complain about it five years down the line. Like with TheWitcher 3. ;)

Hey! I resemble that remark! 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Given how buggy Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be, going by reviews, anyway, it's a blessing in disguise that I don't have the rig to play the game on yet. At least, that's the lie I'll be telling myself every day I can't buy PC components to make myself feel better.

• Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

37 minutes ago, majestic said:

Can't wait to not play it and complain about it five years down the line. Like with TheWitcher 3. ;)

3070s should be in stock by then

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Given how buggy Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be, going by reviews, anyway, it's a blessing in disguise that I don't have the rig to play the game on yet. At least, that's the lie I'll be telling myself every day I can't buy PC components to make myself feel better.

It might be possible, that the review copies might not have the Day 1 patch yet 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

YongYea says his review copy had a "partial mid-review patch" which was much better than before that, but isn't the full "day1" patch that you'll have on release. With that, he says at 1440 his 3080/8700k still dipped to 50's at times/some areas (with RT off).  With RT on, it was sometimes 40's (and he didn't like stability enough to leave RT on).  And review copy had DRM attached to it.  Performance section starts around 34:30.  Overall he liked the game a lot tho. :)   Edit:  I'm half tempted to buy it just to see how non-RT version performs on my "old" gpu/rig - but I'm sure I wouldn't play it for more than an hour so not sure I should/will. Ha.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

I don't want to read reviews, because I'm waiting for my new RTX that's coming from Tajikistan and I don't want to be disappointed that the work I put in to get this card was for nothing. 

I mean, you can also use your new graphics card to play other games. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There are no other games but Cyberpunk.  You will get Cyberpunk. You will live, eat, drink and dream Cyberpunk. Submit. You will love Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is all.  It even has ... photo mode. 

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But, but, but my FreeCell 😭

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

34 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

There are no other games but Cyberpunk.  You will get Cyberpunk. You will live, eat, drink and dream Cyberpunk. Submit. You will love Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is all.  It even has ... photo mode. 

r/pcgaming has taken over LadyCrimson!

• Gasp! 1

I've already scheduled Thursday off largely to play Cyberpunk. I'll be disappointed if it's still in miserable condition and all the NPCs are T-posing. But I think I'll survive.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hopefully the "true" day1 patching will at least fix most of the bugginess being reported. Performance-wise - I think (some) people get a little too hung up on fps and numbers etc. Turn off the monitoring software and just play - if it's at least playable and one is enjoying oneself, who cares if it sometimes dips to 53fps for a few seconds here and there.

Also, I think ray tracing is in some/many cases being pushed too hard, too soon, because showcased bling sells. Too soon regarding hardware available I mean. They'll get it figured out eventually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

YongYea says his review copy had a "partial mid-review patch" which was much better than before that, but isn't the full "day1" patch that you'll have on release. With that, he says at 1440 his 3080/8700k still dipped to 50's at times/some areas (with RT off).  With RT on, it was sometimes 40's (and he didn't like stability enough to leave RT on).  And review copy had DRM attached to it.  Performance section starts around 34:30.  Overall he liked the game a lot tho. :)   Edit:  I'm half tempted to buy it just to see how non-RT version performs on my "old" gpu/rig - but I'm sure I wouldn't play it for more than an hour so not sure I should/will. Ha.

For someone so keen on reading everything verbatim to his viewers, he didn't bother to read that part.

I wonder if a certain someone will come running to scream how DRM doesn't affect performance 😏

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

22 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

For someone so keen on reading everything verbatim to his viewers, he didn't bother to read that part.

I wonder if a certain someone will come running to scream how DRM doesn't affect performance

I'm not sure what you mean.  He didn't read anything but YongYea did mention the DRM.  I already can't recall if it was in that performance section or elsewhere in the video tho.

As to DRM and performance ... eh, I haven't spent time playing games with then without so I can't really judge. The games I have with the hated "D" all run fine for me, generally speaking. But I could see it holding some fps back or having more varied dips, especially if CPU-bottlenecked, like some articles have mentioned. Probably depends on the game and of course the dev's implementation of it. I think if it is implemented well Denuvo doesn't have a huge impact, but the problem is that it often isn't. Maybe.  I'm no techie.

Edited by LadyCrimson

54 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  He didn't read anything but YongYea did mention the DRM.  I already can't recall if it was in that performance section or elsewhere in the video tho.

As to DRM and performance ... eh, I haven't spent time playing games with then without so I can't really judge. The games I have with the hated "D" all run fine for me, generally speaking. But I could see it holding some fps back or having more varied dips, especially if CPU-bottlenecked, like some articles have mentioned. Probably depends on the game and of course the dev's implementation of it. I think if it is implemented well Denuvo doesn't have a huge impact, but the problem is that it often isn't. Maybe.  I'm no techie.

Yong has a tendency to read everything out to his viewers, for good or bad, but it seems he skipped that part this time. He does mention there is DRM in his vid, and speculates that it might impact his performance, which reads to me as if he hadn't read the information from CDPR.

Thing is that CDPR had warned reviewers that the DRM would heavily effect the performance of the game, and as such any performance conclusions they draw from before launch would be invalid.

Oh, that bit wasn't aimed at you, more to a certain someone that steps forth from the shadows to defend DRM as soon as someone speaks ill of them :ninja:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tsk, can't even trust reviewers to not give them a crippled build.