Random video game news

Amentep

11 hours ago, Oner said:

DPR must have heard that @LadyCrimsonisn't interested in Cyberpunk, so they quickly added a photo mode. 

I need to post more game pics, I have a rep to uphold!  8)

It still makes me sad that Ansel looks to be going/is extinct tho - even if I understand it (proprietary/expense and all that).  Every game photo-mode these days is almost exactly the same.  Serviceable but no true versatility. Limited range/angles and scope, no clipping thru walls with it (hehe), and most importantly, no Super Resolution options.  They're just scene framers and you (typically) still need a screenshot taking program/overlay option to capture the picture. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

15 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Pro gamers don't have time for personal hygiene.

So is that why I find showers such a chore/waste of time.
But when I do shower, I still like my suds.  So maybe ... I'm SEMI-PRO!  Yeah, that's it. Good 'nuff.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I need to post more game pics, I have a rep to uphold!  8)

It still makes me sad that Ansel looks to be going/is extinct tho - even if I understand it (proprietary/expense and all that).  Every game photo-mode these days is almost exactly the same.  Serviceable but no true versatility. Limited range/angles and scope, no clipping thru walls with it (hehe), and most importantly, no Super Resolution options.  They're just scene framers and you (typically) still need a screenshot taking program/overlay option to capture the picture. 

Yeah, not enough options for proper pantsu :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

18 hours ago, Raithe said:

If what they both are saying can be taken at face value, they are retiring and are not resigning or being fired. Anyone have any thoughts? I would be interested to know, because I am very much looking forward to DA4 but can't decide if this is a good or bad thing for that game.

18 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Epic Game Store announced that next week free games will be Pillars of Eternity definitive edition and Tyranny Gold. Pretty surprising that they got their hands on those titles.

Microsoft and Paradox own those games and they are on good terms with Epic Games.

Edited by ComradeMaster

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

If what they both are saying can be taken at face value, they are retiring and are not resigning or being fired. Anyone have any thoughts? I would be interested to know, because I am very much looking forward to DA4 but can't decide if this is a good or bad thing for that game.

Who the hell retires in the middle of ongoing projects?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The new Humble Choice has arrived. The available games are:

The Beast Inside
Children of Morta
The Corridor (Humble Original)
Frog Dective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard
The Haunted Island, A Frog Detective Game (Also DRM-Free)
Indivisible
One Step From Eden
Overcooked! 2 + Too May Cooks + Surf 'N' Turf Pack
Path of Giants
Shining Resonance Refrain
Still There
Struggling
Tabletop Playground
Zwei: The Arges Adventure
Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection

53 minutes ago, Lexx said:

All of the various fallouts from Covid seem to have altered many people's thinking on how they want their life to be, sometimes quite dramatically. I myself expected I would work until age 70 or death, whichever came first. But now, at age 53, I am already planning for early retirement as soon as that is financially viable for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kanisatha said:

All of the various fallouts from Covid seem to have altered many people's thinking on how they want their life to be, sometimes quite dramatically. I myself expected I would work until age 70 or death, whichever came first. But now, at age 53, I am already planning for early retirement as soon as that is financially viable for me.

tss, I am 33 and I am want to retire too xD

• Like 5

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

50 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I tend to think the retirement thing is rubbish, but there isn't really a way to retire from a big studio without being in the middle of an ongoing project unless you're planning on a ~5 year cycle, especially if you're pretty senior and have responsibility for multiple games.

If you were the game director of Cyberpunk 2077 and planning to retire at its release you'd probably have been planning to retire in ~2017, not 2020, or 2022 (?) after all the dlc is done.