Random video game news

Amentep

2 hours ago, marelooke said:

Wonder if backers will get their promised Steam keys, no mention about that anywhere that I could find. Sounds like Gog backers are getting shafted though.

Par for the course for Snapshot Games, at this point.

It sounds like you will get your Steam key on December 3rd. I can't find anything about GoG.

I think I get a Steam key as well, since I backed it before the EGS switch.

Just now, uuuhhii said:

so mass effect will get a remaster

really hope they will use me3 combat mechanic for all three game

if they keep the me1 combat it will be awful

If it's just a remaster, it's unlikely. Though I don't know if pulling a Beamdog and porting ME1's data into ME3 would be viable.

9 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

It sounds like you will get your Steam key on December 3rd. I can't find anything about GoG.

I think I get a Steam key as well, since I backed it before the EGS switch.

Yes, pre-epic deal backers will get additional key to redeem with all the DLCs. So far only Steam has been confirmed. I am willing to bet GOG is in works as well - being a curated store means games need to be approved by GoG for release. 

13 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Yes, pre-epic deal backers will get additional key to redeem with all the DLCs. So far only Steam has been confirmed. I am willing to bet GOG is in works as well - being a curated store means games need to be approved by GoG for release. 

That is indeed true, but I put this time the unavailability of the game on GOG on the developer. You know. Outer Worlds was in the same situation, and they managed the simultaneous release on Steam and GOG...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

5 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

That is indeed true, but I put this time the unavailability of the game on GOG on the developer.

It remains to be seen if PP will be available on GOG on Dec3rd. I don’t remember OuterWorlds being advertised as GOG prior to release, same recently with BG3 - it was Steam only, until it was approved, shortly before the release. If Snapshot planes to release on GOG in December 3rd, as I assume they do, they need to be approved first. From the little I read GOG takes its time with replies. As such, developers can’t announce GOG release, until they are allowed to release there. With weeks before the release, there is still time for that.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Suck it down!

For a while now they have been doing a playthrough on Paradox Channel. Beginning is fairly basic, but there are some really neat diplomacy interaction in later videos. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

It remains to be seen if PP will be available on GOG on Dec3rd. I don’t remember OuterWorlds being advertised as GOG prior to release, same recently with BG3 - it was Steam only, until it was approved, shortly before the release.

TOW had a 'coming soon' page/ news item/ notification on GOG, less than a week before release though. It was Larian's (late) decision to add the indev version of BG3, they originally said it would be Steam only. Same for Taleworlds with Bannerlord, for that matter.

'Trusted' studios do not need the full certification/ approval for GOG and it's basically certain none of those 3 games required active certification beyond the most basic level of making sure they'd run 'DRM free'. I would imagine PP is not seen as a 'gold standard' type game like the three above though, and is regarded as considerably more niche.

(It is certainly pretty rare for previously released games to get pre-orders or coming soon announcements on GOG, but for most of their existence they've specifically been doing re-releases as their speciality. Most games there full stop don't get coming soon or pre-release announcements)

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Thanks 2

Looks like Gog might happen after all. Not sure why they couldn't be more direct about it though, since they just gave standard non-answers when asked about it.

Either way, no confirmed date yet, so likely later than Steam. But few more weeks after a year delay barely matter.

Edited by marelooke

They'd have three steps to fulfill in order to get GOG approval and announce keys

1) Technically up to spec (and with enough appeal to be worthwhile)

2) Agreement on terms and release date, coordination with GOG marketing

3) Approved key gen

They would have to have all three confirmed/ approved in order to announce backer keys, and while that might take some time there is still 3 weeks until Dec 3rd and the one that would take time is largely irrelevant since the game's been on Epic for a year already. In the end that process simply illustrates the difference between a curated store and an anything goes shovelware emporium like steam where anyone can stick nearly anything up with minimal oversight; they know they'll have Steam keys etc because everyone/ anyone can get them under Steam's licence agreement including them.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't on GOG, but an announcement 3 weeks early for a previously released game would also be very unusual, and any announcement would as per 2 have to be co-ordinated with GOG marketing too. Even if they think they'll get them they can't say it pre-emptively in case they don't.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 2

somehow I must mist this little teaser - seems very different from the last one

Comment section is also golden

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Apparently a hostage situation at Ubisoft's Montreal offices -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-ubisoft-1.5801236

Although I guess may be a big hoax ?

Edited by Malcador
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

18 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Good guess.

Well, good then.  Good to know some gamers are unhinged, but not THAT unhinged.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, to be honest, I'm not really motivated anymore to buy it now. Would very likely have bought it day1 ... a year ago, though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

8 hours ago, Lexx said:

Heh, to be honest, I'm not really motivated anymore to buy it now. Would very likely have bought it day1 ... a year ago, though.

Yep, it was way better when I went back to it a few months ago than when I played it at release. The DLC is actually adding a lot to the game, basically fleshing out the entire system. It plays much more like The Long War mod for Xcom than anything else, in that it is a very slow process to work across the globe and take it back now that so much content has been added. It can be a bit grindy, but I'd say it is still worth the cost. It's not like we are drowning in complex strategy games with solid TB combat.

I am not sure about load times being improved. It does run better than it did at release.