Random video game news

Amentep

6 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Yeah, my boss is going to kill me, I had 15 days vacation time from Nov 16 to dec 4th. This is getting ****ing annoying.

These days never take vacation days around game launches 😛

"All of them found out at the same time we did - CDPR sent an internal email simultaneously with the public tweet" 

Edited by Malcador
  • Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

14 minutes ago, Malcador said:

These days never take vacation days around game launches 😛

Black friday and the christmas bull**** is coming up so I have to, Jason Schreier QQs about "crunch" all the time, he should try working as a postal worker during this period. From December onwards, I'm working 7 days a week and 10-12 hours, and it's not going to be enough.

• Like 5

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'd suspect Jason is most upset about not being able to talk about a leak about a delay from the internal email, then the official announcement when it was made.

If you're a large (and for CDPR, ludicrously so for the number of games they release) public company you have to do things a certain way or you get smacked for stock manipulation when news leaks before you make an official announcement.

25 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

I'd suspect Jason is most upset about not being able to talk about a leak about a delay from the internal email, then the official announcement when it was made.

If you're a large (and for CDPR, ludicrously so for the number of games they release) public company you have to do things a certain way or you get smacked for stock manipulation when news leaks before you make an official announcement.

Rumors say the news went out to everyone at the same time, us, gaming journalists and employees.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Rumors say the news went out to everyone at the same time, us, gaming journalists and employees.

Yeah that seems pretty much certain. It's unfortunate for the employees, but if they informed them first and then the stock price dropped early because an employee told someone CDP would be in potential trouble for insider trading.

• Like 2

Wouldn't just the person that told be in trouble for that and not the company though ?  Especially if such things are mentioned in their contract.  I would be surprised if they didn't know unofficially though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't want to accuse CDPR of dodging the release of 2020 GotY Yakuza: Like a Dragon, but, I mean, when it's THIS blatantly obvious... :shifty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Wouldn't just the person that told be in trouble for that and not the company though ?  Especially if such things are mentioned in their contract.  I would be surprised if they didn't know unofficially though.

In that case the first 'person' who told would be CDP themselves though, so they'd still potentially be in trouble. For important announcements it has to be need to know, and while there may well have been suspicions of a delay they were just suspicions. It's also complicated because CDPR does not release many games at all so C2077 is expected to be the main money earner for multiple years.

(IIRC CDP has been warned for making announcements improperly before, though I cannot remember what it was in respect of, so take with grain of salt)

• Thanks 3

After this, I want CDPR to put micro-transactions in CP2077, just to enhance the pain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

3 minutes ago, Malcador said:

After this, I want CDPR to put micro-transactions in CP2077, just to enhance the pain. 

Nah, these who are angry are paying customers who are OK with mct.

Edited by Melusina
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, melkathi said:

If there wasn't so much money involved they should say "Hi, because of threats we have decided not to release the game at all. These are the people you can thank for this"

I really wish they could do that.

A message like “we are sorry, but we have to delay the game Further, until the police investigates all of the death threats to the developers. We take security of our employees very seriously, and a release of the game might before thoroughful investigation might impact it negatively.” 

The world burning after that announcement would be a perfect pinnacle of 2020 😛

• Like 5

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

50 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

I really wish they could do that.

A message like “we are sorry, but we have to delay the game Further, until the police investigates all of the death threats to the developers. We take security of our employees very seriously, and a release of the game might before thoroughful investigation might impact it negatively.” 

The world burning after that announcement would be a perfect pinnacle of 2020 😛

Hell, if they actually did that it'd be awesome! I'd book another copy :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:16 PM, Zoraptor said:

In that case the first 'person' who told would be CDP themselves though, so they'd still potentially be in trouble. For important announcements it has to be need to know, and while there may well have been suspicions of a delay they were just suspicions. It's also complicated because CDPR does not release many games at all so C2077 is expected to be the main money earner for multiple years.

(IIRC CDP has been warned for making announcements improperly before, though I cannot remember what it was in respect of, so take with grain of salt)

You called it

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10/28/cyberpunk-2077-devs-didnt-know-about-the-delay-until-the-day-of-heres-why

As CD PROJEKT is a publicly listed company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE) our communication has to be transparent to employees, gamers, and investors, as well as in line with the regulations of Polish Financial Authorities & European Parliament, and the Council & Commission Directives. Information of such business magnitude i.e. the delay of the release of the biggest project under development, is, until it is made publicly available, considered price-sensitive and confidential because it could easily influence the potential decisions of investors.
In a nutshell, early, the unplanned release of this information could have potentially led to market abuse and manipulation of CD PROJEKT's stock price on the WSE. Therefore, due to the aforementioned regulations, the information on postponement of Cyberpunk 2077's release date couldn't have been shared with all of the Group's employees before the current report was filed and made public.
Edited by Azdeus
Nearly 45 minutes to fix that quote 🤬
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Hell, if they actually did that it'd be awesome! I'd book another copy :p

Same here. Too bad that trolling the (man)children like that would make it likelier that one of them pulls a KyoAni.

• Sad 2

https://www.ign.com/articles/watch-dogs-2-marcus-holloway-broke-the-mold-black-characters-ruffin-prentiss?sf131375168=1

Ruffin Prentiss explains his love for Marcus, and the continued importance of a very different kind of Black character.

Game characters – and leading game characters in particular – are so often built as a vessel for players to fill out that they end up, paradoxically, lacking much character at all. Watch Dogs 2’s Marcus Holloway was a very different kind of lead, a character that displayed a consistently sympathetic flicker between brash confidence and nervousness, a passionately held personal philosophy, and a general friendliness missing from so many scripted protagonists.

As with most AAA open worlds, that character could become veiled by gunfire and absurdity when you actually began to control him, but the Marcus Holloway of Watch Dogs 2’s cutscenes felt notably like a person, not just a collection of voice lines designed to string missions together. Ruffin Prentiss was the actor giving Marcus that life, and while I was sad to learn during a recent conversation that he likely won’t return to the Watch Dogs universe anytime soon, we had a lot to discuss about how much a well-written video game character – and a Black character in particular – could mean to their actor and a community at large.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Total War Saga: Troy has become a true Total War game today with the release of the paid Gore DLC that adds blood effects.

As a side note it released a free content update at the same time, adding Artemis to the pantheon. So much better than the paid DLC :)

edit:

They also added Photo Mode in hopes of getting Bokishi and LadyCrimson to play.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I really don't care for yongyeahs videos, I don't like how he reads every single line in quotes and whatnot, and I can read ten times faster than he reads, but this intro was worth it.

And for those of you who are like me;

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-29-ea-to-appeal-5m-dutch-fifa-loot-boxes-fine

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-10-29-ea-fined-10m-over-loot-boxes-as-dutch-court-sides-with-gambling-authority

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Damn children, always ruining things.