The TV and Streaming thread Series 3

Amentep

I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't actually just Sailor Moon SuperS that made me hate Chibi-Usa. Oh boy.

Spoiler

And... since Sailor Moon can't use this season's attack without Chibi-Moon first summoning Pegasus, eh... please make it go away.

edit:

It's not all bad, and there are episodes in between where Usagi and Chibi-Usa aren't trying out Out-Usagi Season 1 Usagi together. Those are actually fun. :)

edit 2:

Oh boy, creepyness alert.

Spoiler

And we just took a major level up in creepy that I didn't really remember from the original run, but I might have missed an episode or two.

Chibi-Usa starts an episode telling Pegasus that she wants to talk to him more often and be friends (so far he's just been hiding in her dreams, telling her not to talk about him being there). Pegasus initially declines, but at the end of the episode gives in. He summons a Palantír in Chibi-Usa's bedroom (oh right, she's not longer sleeping in Usagi's bed) with which they can communicate whenever they feel like it, because he wants to be better friends with Chibi-Usa too, provided, he says, nobody else is around.

Chibi-Usa changes into her pyjamas as Pegasus watches through the Palantír. And he, like, uhm, turns slighty away, casts a creepy side glance and blushes.

Way to go you horsey pervert.

Spoiler

It gets even worse when you know that Pegasus is in reality a character named Helios in disguise, and Helios is...

Helios.full.2447409.jpg

Certainly looking the part, ey? Yeah.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

That's the scene I saw on YouTube. Felt like I needed to call the FBI. I believe the title of the video was literally called something like "no, please stop, Chibi-Usa".

I watched R the Movie. That was...interesting and sure went places. A bit more hammy in places than is the usual for Sailor Moon, but still a lot of fun. The whole Mamoru..."""friendship""" plot sure was a thing. That 3D effect they used for the asteroid or comet or whatever it was...was not good, :p. Besides that, the show looked fantastic in HD.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

We're I'm at Nephreite pretended to be Tuxedo Mask and sucked the energy out of a 14-year old girl who was in love with his assumed identity, an adult businessman. Not as creepy as the pegasus thing but still a little weird.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Netflix - Spycraft, 8 episode series.  I liked it.  Can pay full attention or use it as background while cooking or something else.  Presented with uncomplicated methods and examples aren't dwelt on in great length.  Goes into the far past methods and current concerns.  Nothing masterful but a decent documentary series.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm.

Buck Rogers TV Reboot Will Star George Clooney – /Film (slashfilm.com)

George Clooney is gearing up to head to the 25th century for Legendary’s Buck Rogers TV series reboot. It was announced last December that Brian K. Vaughan, the writer of comic books like Y: The Last Man and Saga, was handling the script, and now Clooney is on board to executive produce and likely star in the series. Legendary is hoping to launch an entire media franchise built around Buck Rogers, a character who first appeared in the 1928 novella Armageddon 2419 A.D. and then went on to feature in a radio show, a film serial, a television series, and more.

Back in October 2020, it was reported that Legendary Pictures and producers Don Murphy and Susan Montford were hoping to revive classic pulp hero Buck Rogers via a film, “a prestige television series as well as an anime series, giving audiences a 360-look at heroics sets in the 25th century.” In December of that year, word came that Brian K. Vaughn had been tapped to write the script for the TV series. Now, that TV series has some major star power, as The Wrap is reporting that George Clooney will executive produce and star.

There’s no indication of where the show might end up, at least not yet. Legendary used to have a TV deal with Warner Bros., so there’s always a chance something like this could end up somewhere like HBO Max. Or it could go to streaming, like Netflix – which recently released Clooney’s film The Midnight Sky. In any case, Clooney will executive producer alongside frequent collaborator Grant Heslov via their Smokehouse banner.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I like Christie but Tom Ellis is my Lucifer

We're also watching Spycraft but only 6 episodes in. The guy who was talking about Snowden was saying he sold secrets to the Chinese and Russians but I haven't been able to find confirmation on that in my very limited searching. Was that just his opinion stated as fact or is there anything to back that up?

Edited by ShadySands
  • Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Snowden was in Hong Kong when his stuff was released, and the US stopped his passport- almost certainly as a calculated move- while he was transiting Moscow; that and him being allowed to stay in Russia are about the sum total of the 'evidence' he had any collusion at all with any international parties.

Depending on who it was it was opinion stated as fact, or deliberate slander.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Snowden was in Hong Kong when his stuff was released, and the US stopped his passport- almost certainly as a calculated move- while he was transiting Moscow; that and him being allowed to stay in Russia are about the sum total of the 'evidence' he had any collusion at all with any international parties.

Depending on who it was it was opinion stated as fact, or deliberate slander.

But Zora surely you realize how important it is for the United States to have all the information ?

You must agree that their can be no doubt that he profited from his exposure of the NSA's protection of us all, making us less safe and putting hundreds of informants at risk. You can't agree that this is a good thing !

I mean, yeah. It's probably both, an opinion stated as fact that conveniently is slander. I guess when you're too deep in the game you can't even begin to imagine other motivations any longer. I've seen simiar  things in the news here about the Gamestop shares. Investors talking about how risky it is to invest in Gamestop now and that the people buying Gamestop stock stand to lose money. They don't even mean that as silly counter-argument against what is happening.

They genuinely don't understand that there are large swathes of people who don't care if they lose a hundred bucks on Gamestop stocks, as long as it hurts the fatcats, because in their world view there exist no reasons to invest other than profit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 2

6 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I like Christie but Tom Ellis is my Lucifer

We're also watching Spycraft but only 6 episodes in. The guy who was talking about Snowden was saying he sold secrets to the Chinese and Russians but I haven't been able to find confirmation on that in my very limited searching. Was that just his opinion stated as fact or is there anything to back that up?

Its well known Snowden betrayed the USA and went  public with news of PRISM when their were other legal  avenues he could have followed .  We dont know if he technically " sold " this information to China and Russia but he still broke his NSA contract and told the world something that was a US state secret

Its not slander if its true, Snowden betrayed his country. No reason to question the facts 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, majestic said:

But Zora surely you realize how important it is for the United States to have all the information ?

You seem to believe that any country in the world doesnt have a right to demand and have confidential and secretive information about their own security institutions ?

The USA is not asking for anything that any other country in the world would expect so it has nothing to do with " have all the information " ....this is about its own security and information 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Its not slander if its true, Snowden betrayed his country. No reason to question the facts 

He betrayed his government and it's an important distinction. Government isn't the same thing as a country.

• Hmmm 1

166215__front.jpg

1 minute ago, Skarpen said:

He betrayed his government and it's an important distinction. Government isn't the same thing as a country.

Mmmm....that is an interesting and nuanced argument 

But in all Democracies the currently elected party is the legitimate government and also both politically and internationally represents the country globally in most things, like representation at the UN

So globally and legally its the same thing, the government represents the country ?

John Milton 

7 minutes ago, majestic said:

Let's not forget that this is the TV thread (and yeah, I am at fault as much as anyone for derailing it).

So you admitting you have been very naughty ?

John Milton 

I started watching Gantz on Netflix, because it will be gone at the end of the month.

Generally I like the idea and theme, but man is that show slow. At times I got really angry, because everyone is just standing around for minutes and nothing happens at all. Will force myself through the rest of it, because there are only a few episodes left, but so far my opinion is ... meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

8 hours ago, majestic said:

You must agree that their can be no doubt that he profited from his exposure of the NSA's protection of us all, making us less safe and putting hundreds of informants at risk. You can't agree that this is a good thing !

Please don't start writing like Bruce.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

29 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Who's Bruce? Majestic's post doesn't look like anything to me.

• Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Are you going to put me on ignore as well if I don't?

Heh. Don't worry. It takes way too much time and effort, and it never has the desired effect. That not going to become a staple.

• Haha 1

finished all 4 season of black sails

38 hours with 38 episode are pretty long

still doesn't feels enough

so much struggle with so little happy ending

a lot great characters to follow through with many entertaining interaction and ever changing dynamic

it will be difficult to find another show as good as this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

finished all 4 season of black sails

38 hours with 38 episode are pretty long

still doesn't feels enough

so much struggle with so little happy ending

a lot great characters to follow through with many entertaining interaction and ever changing dynamic

it will be difficult to find another show as good as this

I also enjoyed Black Sails, I didnt love it but I  enjoyed it 

Do you know it was filmed in South Africa and in Cape Town specifically. It had some beautiful scenery and I didnt know this until I moved to Cpt

https://americanprofile.com/articles/where-did-the-black-sails-series-film/

John Milton 

Finished Gantz yesterday. It's lame and boring. Last 4 episodes I started skipping forward, because I couldn't bear seeing everyone standing around anymore. The people act so stupid and slow, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

/Edit: Also the ending is lame as hell.

/Edit: I just realized we have a dedicated weeb thread now.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

9 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Finished Gantz yesterday. It's lame and boring. Last 4 episodes I started skipping forward, because I couldn't bear seeing everyone standing around anymore. The people act so stupid and slow, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

/Edit: Also the ending is lame as hell.

/Edit: I just realized we have a dedicated weeb thread now.

Have you watched Ragnarok on Netflix, if so what did you think about it ?

John Milton