The Wish List

I can't see how the developers could really implement her character. In this first game you had a clear cut option of killing her. With that in mind how could the developers immerse her in the guy and still add a sense of continuity from the first game. My thoughts are that neither Bastilia, Juhani, Jolee or Mission can really be deep in the game because of this fact. Even Big Z is suspect since you can kill him too. Only Canderous, Carth and the droids could be added without there being a completely different experience for the light compared to the dark. And somehow I think that would take more time than the developers have.

-Samori

The Devs also said you get specific NPCs for your allignment, that could mean if you awnser questions in a certian way... who knows what could happen... maybe an admiral dondonna npc!

I can't see how the developers could really implement her character. In this first game you had a clear cut option of killing her. With that in mind how could the developers immerse her in the guy and still add a sense of continuity from the first game. My thoughts are that neither Bastilia, Juhani, Jolee or Mission can really be deep in the game because of this fact. Even Big Z is suspect since you can kill him too. Only Canderous, Carth and the droids could be added without there being a completely different experience for the light compared to the dark. And somehow I think that would take more time than the developers have.

-Samori

Well in Jedi Knight were also two paths and so what? You have clear chance to save Bastila which is your duty as jedi and it is most logic solution becouse of romance with her. Besides I think that such interesting character shouldn't be wasted. Bastila is the same class as for example Luke or Obi-Wan. Normal SW fan will not ignore her personality. Your arguments aren't worthy. Sorry but if you say such things, this means that you just don't like Bastila at all.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I can't see how the developers could really implement her character.  In this first game you had a clear cut option of killing her.  With that in mind how could the developers immerse her in the guy and still add a sense of continuity from the first game.  My thoughts are that neither Bastilia, Juhani, Jolee or Mission can really be deep in the game because of this fact.  Even Big Z is suspect since you can kill him too.  Only Canderous, Carth and the droids could be added without there being a completely different experience for the light compared to the dark.  And somehow I think that would take more time than the developers have.

-Samori

Well in Jedi Knight were also two paths and so what? You have clear chance to save Bastila which is your duty as jedi and it is most logic solution becouse of romance with her. Besides I think that such interesting character shouldn't be wasted. Bastila is the same class as for example Luke or Obi-Wan. Normal SW fan will not ignore her personality. Your arguments aren't worthy. Sorry but if you say such things, this means that you just don't like Bastila at all.

While I agree with you that Bastila should be in KOTOR2, I'd say your logic is more flawed than the guy/gal's logic you dismissed as "unworthy".

Bastila is NOT the equivalent of Luke. Obi-Wan, perhaps, but she's not KOTOR's equivalent of Luke. Revan was KOTOR's Luke.

So because of that, she can be killed off without too much fanfare (such as Obi-Wan was, after he served his purpose). Although I'd like to say that I personally hope she DOES return for an encore in some capacity.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe a recon/sabotage sidequest. Maybe raid an illegal weapons factory and if you go in guns blazing/lightsabers killing, you find not as much there as they have destroyed evidence. However, if you sneak through the facility, you find perhaps an awesome blade or firearm.

And though it has been suggested a no go by Akari after being brought up in the Improving level design post in the Suggestions board, I really wish there was a day/night cycle in KotOR2. It would add more realism to the game and open more things up to do. But the response certainly explained what it wasn't feasible.

When I said that Bastila is the same class as Luke I had in mind that she is one of the key characters with strong personality. Luke certainly is calm and wise so there is no similarities between them, but I think that she is as important in KOTOR as Luke 4000 years later.

Revan is no one to me. This is just an avatar of a player. He has no personality and remains silent all the time. Bastila was most important in KOTOR (only person who had battle meditation eh?)

Besides Luke was just like Bastila - temporarily seduced by the dark side. So what? They both remain as great jedi heroes.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

When I said that Bastila is the same class as Luke I had in mind that she is one of the key characters with strong personality. Luke certainly is calm and wise so there is no similarities between them, but I think that she is as important in KOTOR as Luke 4000 years later.

Revan is no one to me. This is just an avatar of a player. He has no personality and remains silent all the time. Bastila was most important in KOTOR (only person who had battle meditation eh?)

Besides Luke was just like Bastila - temporarily seduced by the dark side. So what? They both remain as great jedi heroes.

I fail to understand the logic behind this. You give Revan his personality. Every line of dialouge from his comes from you. If he doesn't have a sparkling personality it's through no fault but your own. Revan doesn't even move without you telling him too. You speak of him like some sort of outside presence idependent of your actions. If you don't like the personality that you gave him then for godsakes play the game agian and give him a different personality!! LOL And by the way HK-47 and Canderous are far superior to Bastilia. She's only good for getting a kiss and watching her run half-naked for the back.

-Samori

But since Revan's personality derives from the player, how can Obsidian do a credible job with the later Revan as an NPC?

Well that's the easy part. They can merely shift things however they want to after what happened in KOTOR. For example you may have been completely on the light side of the force. But then one of your companions is brutally mudered and you go into a vengeful rage and in your quest for justice you turn back to the darkside. It's not a complicated matter at all it's just a matter of how they want to play it out.

-Samori

It's your duty to save her if you followed the light side of the force. While you have a choice about whether or not your character followed the light or the dark side of the force it's clear that the correct ending is for you to be evil. That's number one.

Number two I don't think you're really understanding my point. If you're on the light side and you choose to kill her that's a COMPLETELY different experience from if you were on the darkside and won the game with her. It's a COMPLETELY different story, set of events, gameplay etc. etc. Now I know that there are definitely some super men( and probably women) that are a part of Obsidian who are capable of making some awesome games. But it defeats logic to me that they would be able to implement this level of depth is such a short span of time. If they can then more power to them. I but I just don't see it as possible.

-Samori

I think you quoted the wrong person....I was agreeing with your point that it's very realistic to think Bastila can be killed off.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And by the way HK-47 and Canderous are far superior to Bastilia.

It's the matter of opinion. For me Bastila is most interesting (but I consider

Canderous as second most interesting character and I wouldn't mind to see

him in KOTOR 2 playing really BIG role) for you Canderous and HK-47.

Eventually the most exciting are interactions between these characters (like

when Canderous teases Bastila) but in KOTOR there is too small number of them.

I hope that in KOTOR 2 there would be more such interactions.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

It's your duty to save her if you followed the light side of the force.  While you have a choice about whether or not your character followed the light or the dark side of the force it's clear that the correct ending is for you to be evil.  That's number one.

Number two I don't think you're really understanding my point.  If you're on the light side and you choose to kill her that's a COMPLETELY different experience from if you were on the darkside and won the game with her.  It's a COMPLETELY different story, set of events, gameplay etc. etc.  Now I know that there are definitely some super men( and probably women) that are a part of Obsidian who are capable of making some awesome games.  But it defeats logic to me that they would be able to implement this level of depth is such a short span of time.  If they can then more power to them.  I but I just don't see it as possible.

-Samori

I think you quoted the wrong person....I was agreeing with your point that it's very realistic to think Bastila can be killed off.

I just accidentally quoted the whole thing as supposed to just his part. Sorry about that.

-Samori

And by the way HK-47 and Canderous are far superior to Bastilia.

It's the matter of opinion. For me Bastila is most interesting (but I consider

Canderous as second most interesting character and I wouldn't mind to see

him in KOTOR 2 playing really BIG role) for you Canderous and HK-47.

Eventually the most exciting are interactions between these characters (like

when Canderous teases Bastila) but in KOTOR there is too small number of them.

I hope that in KOTOR 2 there would be more such interactions.

Yeah it would be nice.

-Samori

I was quite sad to see Carth and Bastilla get lots of character development, and see the other characters get half-ass development.

Canderous is challenged to a duel. Then he thinks, and with no real explanation decides that his whole belief system and paradigm should go out the window.

Mission at least has justifications from growing up and being disillusioned.

HK had some character development but it was minimal.

I kept waiting for T3 to someday say something or show the smallest semblence of personality some day.

Jolee was introduced late enough that development seemed rather rushed and never fully realized.

I'm worried about this idea of having so many NPC's recruitable. One thing I enjoyed in KOTOR was revisiting each of the planets with every combination of NPCs I could think of to see new interactions and comments.

IF there are 20 recruitable NPCs I think these interactions and developments will be sub-par.

I'd rather see a P:T where you didn't have a whole lot of recruitable NPCs, but each were great, fully-developed NPCs.

• 2 weeks later...

The only things I want from Kotor 2 (Xbox version) are:

1) A locked smooth framerate. Either lock it at 30fps or 60fps. I don't care, as long as it's smooth and constant. The framerate really bugged me about Kotor.

2) Better skies. The skies in Kotor looked pixilated and static, it would be nice to have beautiful skies with moving clouds. Most games today do this. Something like what Splinter Cell has.

If it has that, then I'll be picking up Kotor 2. (I'm confident gameplay and story will be great) If not, then I'll pass. In my opinion a solid framerate should come first, way before any graphical fluff. I don't think developers should sacrifice framerate for fluff graphical features. Personally I would take lesser graphics with a perfect framerate.

I really want bigger worlds. Unfortunately they've already confirmed that this won't be the case with KotOR2 so I'm all out of luck.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Again, as previously noted elsethread, I want clothing to be separated further than it was in KotOR. Instead of just being listed as having 6 sets of clothing, list who's clothing it is, and put a small picture of it or something in the box. So you could pick which type of clothing you want to wear. Again, I mainly want my female PC to be wearing Mira's outfit if it looks near as good in game as it did in concept :D