Platform: Steam

Multiplayer: 2/3/4 players

Description of issue: 

Since we started installing ziplines, we've been getting the following issues:

1. When using ziplines, non-host players' heads turn into carabiner hooks.

0-02-06-bd38ae2767d54be7752908b2b42dfb0a1c419e07f498f4c79361a15f1fd6724a_b2d66237.thumb.jpg.84cc1a88d4d12613dcc12aee37b2b509.jpg

2. After using ziplines, non-host players end up seizing (they see other players perpetually umping, too). When they swim and go under, they are unable to resurface and die by drowning.

After being revived, they no longer seize up until they use the ziplines again.

giphy.gif

unknown.png

3. After exiting the game, and loading it, the non-host players turn into cameras (no access to inventory or other options), before crashing.

giphy.gif

4. When we chop down grass/weed stems or bring down berries, they have phantoms that remain, which can't chop or shoot down. This is the same for dew drops on blades of grass.

We've had to rollback to a save file that had no ziplines yet, just to be able to play the game in multiplayer mode.

Edited by eigengrau16161d

This seems pretty extreme. I have not seen these issues on Game Pass PC. Did you report this to the support team because this seems completely broken. 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:40 AM, eigengrau16161d said:

We've had to rollback to a save file that had no ziplines yet, just to be able to play the game in multiplayer mode.

This seems pretty extreme. I have not seen these issues on Game Pass PC. Did you report this to the support team because this seems completely broken. 

Already did, but no response, so far. Seems like we're not the only ones experiencing it, based on the posts in the forum.

Edited by eigengrau16161d

On 10/22/2020 at 3:04 AM, cstanick said:

Hey, eigengrau! Thanks for reporting this bug with Grounded's ziplines. Are you still running into these issues with ziplines? 

Hello! Thanks for replying -- we still do, except for item#3, but then we'd removed the last zipline we made before the crashes started Happening. We're not sure about #4, but maybe it's because we've just hit the 'Give up' option after using the ziplines so our characters stop being jittery. Please let me know if you need save files or more information that could help. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  we have the same bugs on multiplayer on Xbox. My friend was caught in the repeating jump animation so she decided to quit the game but then she couldn't join anymore (stuck at starting point, cant do anything but quit)

https://gameclips.io/Dedee64/82b58b73-afed-45e3-8feb-0c0ad875b31a

I mailed this problem with some others to support@obsidian.net on 10/20 but had no answer

we found and workaround as when stuck in jumping animation, if my friend take a short zipline (less than 10 fibers) she stop jumping. So we made short ziplines at the end of the big ones and it seem to fix this problem (she have to wait a few seconds before taking she short zipline after the animation bug for the trick to work). In hope it helps you find the cause of this bug

(Version 0.3.3.2502 on Xbox One S (Host) and Xbox one X (Client)

Edited by skall36
version precision + workoround we found