Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If we can't separate the debuff from the damage in terms of disease flagging (as it seems based on this latest test), I think we should buff the upgrade slightly or it will be a case of the original ability being stronger than the upgrade. 

Corrode DoT (9 per 3.0 for 10 seconds) or dual debuff (Distracted or Hobbled) is my vote. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, thank you for your testing.

So, White wurms and its upgrade do not misfire anymore !

And as we've testing (I've also checked Toxic Strike code), any ability with a Poison (resp. disease) status does not work on Poison (resp. disease) immune.
Therefore, any ability with such a status shall be KW as such, so the players will have the info and beneficial effect from KW could work too.
That is what we initially thought but now we are confirmed that there is no alternative.
(I think this is possibly not intended and that's why the ability itself wasn't tagged Poison/Disease)

About White Wurms itself :
- White Wurms has only Crush damages. I don't think crush damages should be tagged Disease, so I propose to remove the tag.
- White Wurms upgrade has a disease effect. The upgrade is therefore partially detrimental. My proposal is to add Dual damages type and Acid KW but only for the upgrade, as well as the disease KW on the ability itself. So it will be clearer. I don't know if it is enough. 30s Sicken is pretty long after all. The spell would work better on Acid - vulnerable foe and worse vs all disease immune, so it won't be that bad.

Other question :
Should Spreading Plague be tagged disease ? It would make sense but it would indead be a nerf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

To be honest: if an upgrade makes it so that I can use the ability against less foes than before (there are a lot of creatures that are immune to disease) I wouldn't pick it. 

 

Would it be possible to only KW the sicken effect, the upgrade would then give universally useful dual damage type and circumstantial secondary debuff?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SArgentus said:

Would it be possible to only KW the sicken effect, the upgrade would then give universally useful dual damage type and circumstantial secondary debuff?

=>

12 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

And as we've testing (I've also checked Toxic Strike code), any ability with a Poison (resp. disease) status does not work on Poison (resp. disease) immune.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically, we have 3 options :
- Both White Wurms and upgrade with Disease KW
- Both White Wurms and upgrade without Disease KW
- White Wurms without Disease KW and Upgrade with it (my preference but it raises question as Boeroer pointed)

Then we could adjust the balance depending on this choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

So basically, we have 3 options :
- Both White Wurms and upgrade with Disease KW
- Both White Wurms and upgrade without Disease KW
- White Wurms without Disease KW and Upgrade with it (my preference but it raises question as Boeroer pointed)

Then we could adjust the balance depending on this choice.

Let's leave both as disease, and do some smaller polish here. 

  • I think Boeroer and Thelee have a good point that the ability as it exists now is pretty strong, even with the disease KW on both the base and upgrade. 
  • There are only 2 other disease abilities in the game, so it's a cool flavor/niche.
  • Making it auto-hit fixes most of the problems with it. 
  • Keeping both disease removes the upgrade being inferior, as Boeroer pointed out. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

Let's leave both as disease, and do some smaller polish here. 

  • I think Boeroer and Thelee have a good point that the ability as it exists now is pretty strong, even with the disease KW on both the base and upgrade. 
  • There are only 2 other disease abilities in the game, so it's a cool flavor/niche.
  • Making it auto-hit fixes most of the problems with it. 
  • Keeping both disease removes the upgrade being inferior, as Boeroer pointed out. 

You're probably right. This spell isn't so broken. So I will only patch the auto hit and add a visible Disease KW.

I will also add Decay KW. Small touch, since the other Disease based spells have it.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...