PLEASE HELP ME. IM DESPERATE

First of all, I just want to say how devastated and frustrated I am. I have been playing Grounded since the day it was released on Xbox Game Pass and have made hundreds of in-game days progress and many of my real life hours dedicated to playing. There have been a multitude of glitches throughout my time playing Grounded, but this one is the last straw for me. 
Today, I decided to clear out my past cloud saves that I knew I didn’t need (months old saves) because it was taking about 15-20 minutes to actually load my saves. I cleared all the way up till my most recent save which was last night at 3AM. Upon doing this, when I loaded into my game, all of my building progress was gone. Despite this, my inventory still had all my equipment and supplies that I had when I had last played, but I’m prompted to reanalyze my items and even being given tutorial missions. I’m confused at how my save is reflective of how many days I’ve been playing and even my inventory is reflecting my last save, yet none of my building progress is loading. I’ve reloaded the game multiple times to see if it may be a glitch, but every time, my building progress is still not there and my inventory is still loading with the items I had before I deleted old saves. I’m devastated. Really on the verge of tears. I’m desperate for anyone’s help. I can’t do this all again. I’ll keep the save just in case a future update sorts this out. But I’m really genuinely broken this afternoon because of this. Please help me. 

Have you contacted support and sent them your save file? That would be the first step. 

Second step, if you need help building again I can lend a hand to get you at least part of the way back. 

Piece of advice: for future reference keep a few game saves instead of erasing them all down to just 1 or 2. Personally I keep between 10 and 20 saves including any auto saves. 

• Like 1

You do realize this isn't a full game release and there will probably be more bugs/glitches to inconvenience you and everyone else. So my advice is for you to realize that you'll have to restart from scratch more than once after this. I haven't played since the 1st content update, since I'm waiting for the bigger issues to be resolved. So suck it up buttercup!! This isn't only affecting you...

Edited by Fletch Dude

Playing on Xbox as well. The save issues started around the same time for me this week, Tuesday. Mine started happening right around the time I finished the hedge quest, "jungle temple" quest. Was on the way back to turn it in and saved the game. That is the last good save I was able to make. Anytime I save the game and try to load the new save the game crashes during loading. Xbox cloud saved games seems to be broken. I have also tried loading a save from 3 weeks ago and that will load but if I try and save the game using that instance, the same thing happens, the new save won't load. So this either started since the last patch or something changed Tuesday. I can't say for sure but I did play on Sunday this week with no issues. Hopefully is fixed soon because can't make any progress in the game since saving is broken. 

On 10/18/2020 at 12:10 AM, sifutao72 said:

Playing on Xbox as well. The save issues started around the same time for me this week, Tuesday. Mine started happening right around the time I finished the hedge quest, "jungle temple" quest. Was on the way back to turn it in and saved the game. That is the last good save I was able to make. Anytime I save the game and try to load the new save the game crashes during loading. Xbox cloud saved games seems to be broken. I have also tried loading a save from 3 weeks ago and that will load but if I try and save the game using that instance, the same thing happens, the new save won't load. So this either started since the last patch or something changed Tuesday. I can't say for sure but I did play on Sunday this week with no issues. Hopefully is fixed soon because can't make any progress in the game since saving is broken. 

can't happen just out of the blue.  check your updates, did you download an update for Grounded on Tuesday?  if not it's a coincidence.

Xbox One X

On 10/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, Mike449900 said:

Today, I decided to clear out my past cloud saves that I knew I didn’t need (months old saves) because it was taking about 15-20 minutes to actually load my saves. I cleared all the way up till my most recent save which was last night at 3AM. Upon doing this, when I loaded into my game, all of my building progress was gone. Despite this, my inventory still had all my equipment and supplies that I had when I had last played, but I’m prompted to reanalyze my items and even being given tutorial missions. I’m confused at how my save is reflective of how many days I’ve been playing and even my inventory is reflecting my last save, yet none of my building progress is loading. I’ve reloaded the game multiple times to see if it may be a glitch, but every time, my building progress is still not there and my inventory is still loading with the items I had before I deleted old saves. I’m devastated. Really on the verge of tears. I’m desperate for anyone’s help. I can’t do this all again. I’ll keep the save just in case a future update sorts this out. But I’m really genuinely broken this afternoon because of this. Please help me. 

Hey Mike! I'm sorry that you've experienced this bug while playing Grounded, and I understand how frustrating it can be to lose progress in a game. Are you playing the game on Xbox Game Pass Console or PC? Is your gamertag My600IbPINGUINO? I'd like to add this information to this bug report. Due to the nature of Game Preview/Early Access, there will be some unfortunate growing pains and setbacks. If this is something that you're not comfortable with, we recommend coming back to the game when it is more stable. This isn't a comment to dismiss your issues with the game and is more of a friendly suggestion so that when you come back, the game is stable, and you can continue to enjoy it without frustration.